TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #7711
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post
How do I change a Season Pass for any channel so that it only records from a specific channel?
Since I never figured out how to do searches beyond guide data timeframe the "All Channels" option hasn't been implemented in kmttg, so 1P channel option is not there. You have to do that on TiVo or you can delete current 1P from kmttg and create a new one that will be tied to a channel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:28 PM   #7712
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post
How do I change a Season Pass for any channel so that it only records from a specific channel?
When you have 20.4.6 and the new OnePass, it can only record from all channels with the exact same title and you cannot have duplicate passes for different channels, so it has to be ALL or nothing.

I used to have several season passes for the same title on different channels with 1 of them set to start/end 5 minutes early/later, but now with the OnePass, I can't do this any more.

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #7713
lpwcomp

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
When you have 20.4.6 and the new OnePass, it can only record from all channels with the exact same title and you cannot have duplicate passes for different channels, so it has to be ALL or nothing.

I used to have several season passes for the same title on different channels with 1 of them set to start/end 5 minutes early/later, but now with the OnePass, I can't do this any more.
While you can't have multiple OnePasses for the same program, you can set a OnePass to a specific channel.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #7714
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
While you can't have multiple OnePasses for the same program, you can set a OnePass to a specific channel.
yes, as long as the title is not the same as the other One passes. The options are ALL or a specific channel.

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #7715
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
yes, as long as the title is not the same as the other One passes.
You can't even create more than one OnePass for the same program. As part of the coversion to OnePass from Season Pass,multiple Season Passes for the same program were converted to a single "All Channels" OnePass, but that is not the same thing as not being able create or modify a OnePass so it is limited to a specific channel.

When you create a OnePass ( or cfeated a Season Pass prior to the latest update) for a program not yet in the guide, you were limited to "All Channels" since the TiVo did not know what channel it would be on. Shortly after it appears in the guide, you can modify it to set a specific channel.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #7716
lpwcomp

BTW, the limitation is not based on title. It is based on seriesId.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:56 PM   #7717
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by singemfrc View Post
Thanks for your hard work and time, you have no idea how much it's appreciated!
+1

I'd donate money via PayPal, if only the author would accept donations.

Some freeware I use once a year or two, and wouldn't be inclined to donate, unless it saved my bacon. KMTTG sees more action than my TiVo Remotes, for anything management/scheduling related, unless something that can only be done easily/quickly with the physical TiVo remote (like changing a X Pass from All Channels, to a specific one). If that ever gets made easier through KMTTG, all my TiVo remotes would be nearly 100% playback/trickplay use only.

-1 @ TiVo, for making me have to keep saying OnePass/OP/1P or S/O Pass, when speaking of what used to simply be Season Pass/SP, regardless of TiVo model, or software version...

Old 03-01-2015, 09:06 PM   #7718
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

TC CLUB MEMBER
OnePass might have a hole in it to be exploited through TiVo online X Pass Manager

The self-quote attached, and edited for length, is from another thread, but discusses that I accidentally was able to have more than a single OnePass for the same exact Series, and the working "glitch" didn't just auto-correct (didn't later absorb two passes into one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
A word of caution on using official online TiVo Season/One Pass Manager:

It can get backed-up, and cause all sorts of issues (or just make pre-existing ones worse). I had a period of time before 20.4.6, on 20.4.5c, where my TiVos wouldn't/couldn't schedule or change a SP locally (spinning blue circle of wait, and timeout w/out scheduling).

I tried every vector there was to do it from the TiVo, then tried KMTTG, then finally tried TiVo's online Season Pass Manager. It took hours for some to come through, some never did (until yesterday). Yes, I made sure to do plenty of forced/manual service connections, and waited a minimum of an hour, before trying each one again (for those who'd ask, if I didn't say so).

Yesterday, I decided it was time to try some kickstarts, repeat guided setup, leverage the cleaning/healing power of my 00000 Zip & Tiny TiVo lineup trick, and do CPI&TDL (not necessarily in that order, nor just one of each). I was missing the rightmost pane data on the My Shows view, unless I had a folder highlighted. One example (out of many): The Blacklist only showed an episode had recorded, but required digging into deeper menus to identify anything more than that much (even just the episode title).

Every step of the way, as I completed anything that cleared the TDL, upon the next service connection, I'd get a message that one of those SPs that wouldn't schedule in the past, had just successfully scheduled. After about a dozen rounds of this, I stopped trying to clear the pipe out, as I had restored the missing right pane when viewing single recordings, not in a folder.

An interesting thing I realized about this, was that these byproducts of pre-20.4.6 issues, defied the "One Pass per program ID, period" new law of TiVoLand. I wound up with separate OnePasses for the same program, one as New Only on a single channel, and another for New & Repeats across all channels. I could move them up and down past each other, and see the handoff of priority work. They could have only come from the Online S/OPM. The TiVo message menu confirms that, as there was one message for each time another came through.

This tells me there's a way (or temporarily was) to get around the OnePass "one pass per Program ID only" rule. Rather than get too specific about this in public, and have TiVo close a hole that may be exploitable, I'm going to nip the details here, and keep it discussed privately (with those in my circle of trusted members), at least for now.

Seriously, post hard drive upgrade, a KMTTG backup of the previous TiVo's and/or drive's S/O Passes, is a no-brainer, best results method, with the most versatility. Didn't make such a backup? If you have any KMTTG backup of virtually any TiVo's S/O Passes, they can be imported to virtually any other TiVo. You can even use multiple backups from multiple TiVos, as a way to consolidate and import. It would be a sad day, if KMTTG suddenly wasn't an option for me, and I still am mad at myself for waiting years to install and try it (have/had a mistrust of hobbyist/enthusiast-created software).

I sure hope TiVo doesn't get too crazy with renaming things. It makes forum posts so much harder to do, if trying to do them right...

Old 03-01-2015, 10:26 PM   #7719
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
The self-quote attached, and edited for length, is from another thread, but discusses that I accidentally was able to have more than a single OnePass for the same exact Series, and the working "glitch" didn't just auto-correct (didn't later absorb two passes into one).
FWIW, when my season passes were converted to OnePasses, the very last pair did not get combined. I assume it was just a boundary error in the conversion code processing loop, but I haven't tried moving them up the list to see if they might get combined later. From what you're saying, I'm guessing they wouldn't. They have no upcoming broadcast episodes, and I don't do streaming.

L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM   #7720
wuzznuubi

kmttg rocks

Not going to counsel others on how to use their TiVo or what to watch on it. So what is there left to say???

The lastest version of kmttg is working great so far, only issues I've seen are on TiVo's end. Also on their own websites and apps.

Thank you moyekj!

Now, how do I pull those archived H.264 PS/TS to my T3HD?

wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:03 AM   #7721
wuzznuubi

Exclamation

I Googled this new problem and found out there's a solution called a "VCR".
Anyone know what this is?
I heard you have to actually plug it in to who knows where and then press some button on it, otherwise after you plug it in, it blinks 12:00 at you like forever... and you'll never be able to use it.

wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM   #7722
moyekj

nooneuknow, there is no means to run RPC functions in batch mode with kmttg. The topic has come up in this thread, and the solution would have to be a custom made scheduler which, if done properly, is a pretty big undertaking I'm not willing to take on. If someone wants to take it on I would suggest doing so in python. The recently posted "search.zip" attachment in this thread is an example of using RPC in python. Combine that with examples in kmttg source code for scheduling individual recordings and all the information is available for making such a script.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote