TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #61
Dan203
Super Moderator

That's just a container issue. The reason the MOOV atom has to be at the start is because the MOOV atom contains important information that is required to decode the streams inside the MP4 file. When you're copying something over a network if the MOOV atom is at the end then the whole file will be useless until it gets to the very end. However TiVo needs to decode the file to it's internal stream format as it's being transferred which is why it needs the MOOV atom up front.

I'm not a DLNA expert, but I think the protocol has built in seeking. Which means TiVo could seek to the end of the file to grab the MOOV atom, then seek back to the end to start the stream.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #62
JHeiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor View Post
This will presumably open up the Tivo to work with Playon Media Server, which streams internet content (Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, HBO Go, etc) to UPNP media clients.
For what its worth there is a fork of pyTivo that supports PlayOn

My limited post count prevents me from linking but if you google "playon pytivo" you'll see the jkasayan fork hosted on Google Code as the very first result.

The installer tries to install as a service but I don't run it that way on my system. I just ran the installer, grabbed the pyTivo folder it created and used that to replace my existing pyTivo files.

I've been using it for a few months now to access our Amazon Prime account to watch NYPD Blue. It works great for the most part and the quality of the Prime HD Streams are very impressive. Not HD quality due to the limitations of PlayOn but still very good. It seems to time out sometimes but I think it's my DSL (7mb/768k).

The advantage of PlayOn through pyTivo for us is that the shows transfer to one Tivo and we can then stream/mrv them to the other. The only downfall is that it streams in real time due to the nature of PlayOn so there is no fast forward while watching as soon as the the show starts but without commercials it's no big deal.

- J
JHeiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #63
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeiderman View Post
For what its worth there is a fork of pyTivo that supports PlayOnJ
Looks like "PlayOn" supports neither Linux nor MacOS.