TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
Hcour

Nyc-22

Watched the first ep of Sat's double-header. I think network tv must be stifling Price, who wrote the ep. His movies are usually harsh, with an edge. This show is just flat, boring.

Anyway, it's been cancelled. No big loss. I'd like to see Price do a series for HBO, or even AMC or FX. He wrote some of the eps for The Wire, so he's definitely got the stuff.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Fl_Gulfer
Tivo's R Us

That sucks I love looking at LeeLee.
DirecTV Genie
2 DirecTV HR24 HD DVR
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
mattack

I only saw I think 2 of the ones that aired before, but I thought at least the previous ones were decent.. good enough that I did record these to eventually watch.. (I actually am making much more progress through old recordings than usual -- probably because I have small hard drives at the moment)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

I'm just started catching up on NYC 22.

It's not bad.

Spoiler:
My first take was that Adam Goldberg (from Entourage) was too old to be a rookie, but they addressed that right off the bat.

I cannot buy that a former but short-lived, NBA star who had mad $millions would settle for $18,000 a year as a NYC cop in few years. I mean he could get a PR/sales/rep job, and isn't there semi-pro ball?

I'll bet the token Afghani guy isn't even of Middle East heritage.

Hey, we get to see Giancarlo ("Gus Fring") is a completely different character. Smart move on his part to show the short attention-span casting directors that he's an wide-ranging character actor who can play anything. Avoid that type-casting.

Was NYC 22 cancelled already, where they're burning off the episodes at the rate of two a day?
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
A few days ago I watched all the current episodes; I enjoyed it and am sorry to see it has been canceled, though I guess it also was a bit over-the-top. CBS's attempt at a Rookie Blue series.

Still, apparently NYC-22 beat out the finale of "The Firm".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #6
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Thought the ensemble work on this show was pretty strong. It's a shame the show didn't make it. I definitely enjoyed the episodes I saw. I guess these things come in waves and it seems like people are a bit burned out on police shows right now.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
A few days ago I watched all the current episodes; I enjoyed it and am sorry to see it has been canceled, though I guess it also was a bit over-the-top. CBS's attempt at a Rookie Blue series.

Still, apparently NYC-22 beat out the finale of "The Firm".
They weren't up against each other..
Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
justen_m

I get this and Rookie Blue confused. I think I like the cast (Missy!!!) of Rookie Blue and their interaction more than this show.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #9
DLC

I watched about two minutes of it and deleted it. It was like a cross between Hill St. Blues and an Old Navy commercial.
DLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:53 AM   #10
holee
Uncertain

I liked this show. The first couple episodes were meh, but the show grew on me. By the end, I started to care about the characters. I also appreciated how the stories werent ultra violent or sadistic. I'm going to miss it.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #11
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
They weren't up against each other..
I didn't say that they were, though didn't intend for that to be the implication, either.

On CBS, the 8PM episode of NYC 22 scored a 0.4 adults 18-49 rating, even with last week. At 9PM a second episode of NYC 22 earned a 0.6 among adults 18-49, up from last week's 0.5.

On NBC, the series finale of The Firm garnered a 0.3 adults 18-49 rating, down from last week's 0.4.

Curiously the total viewers is MUCH higher than the 18-49 demographic. I don't know which way it goes -- older eyeballs or younger eyeballs. But it's always interesting to see that sort of disparity. It appears to be almost double the number of viewers one might expect based on the ratings and viewers of the other shows on at the same time.

For instance at 9pm, NYC 22 had a 0.6 rating, 2 share in 18-49, but 4.56 total viewers. And Mobbed had a 0.5 rating, 2 share in 18-49 but only 1.55 million viewers.

If CBS could monetize the viewers outside the 18-49 range better the series might've stayed around more than a season.

Last edited by dswallow : 07-17-2012 at 08:13 AM.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #12
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Thought the ensemble work on this show was pretty strong. It's a shame the show didn't make it. I definitely enjoyed the episodes I saw. I guess these things come in waves and it seems like people are a bit burned out on police shows right now.
Now that you can't get it...except video on demand and maybe from terrance......I'm just now down to the last episode.

NYC 22 was pretty good - certainly better than a lotta crap that gets renewed.

The acting was great and the stories were original. They built up each character's unique background story - a bit like Hill Street Blues or The Wire. Adam Goldberg was great.

It had John Amos and Giancarlo Esposito and I see that one Robert DeNiro was an executive producer.

I see that NYC 22 is available on Amazon Instant Video and iTunes.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #13
mattack

..but not the free instant video...