TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #91
bbrown9

TiVo closed my support request on 9/16 and didn't even tell me they closed it. The status is "completed". I have a Roamio now and this problem doesn't exist on that platform (I'm seeing a different issue that only a few others are seeing on the Roamio), but I'm left wondering now whether they fixed it and will be rolling out that fix with the fall update or if they just shrugged and don't plan to fix it at all.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #92
scn101

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown9 View Post
TiVo closed my support request on 9/16 and didn't even tell me they closed it. The status is "completed". I have a Roamio now and this problem doesn't exist on that platform (I'm seeing a different issue that only a few others are seeing on the Roamio), but I'm left wondering now whether they fixed it and will be rolling out that fix with the fall update or if they just shrugged and don't plan to fix it at all.
They marked my support request as resolved too. When I contacted Tivo support by chat to ask why they marked it as resolved when the issue still regularly occurs they said that is their policy.

Bottom line, it is not fixed and I'm really starting to think it never will. I'm investigating alternatives to Tivo like Aureo.
scn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #93
bbrown9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scn101 View Post
They marked my support request as resolved too. When I contacted Tivo support by chat to ask why they marked it as resolved when the issue still regularly occurs they said that is their policy.

Bottom line, it is not fixed and I'm really starting to think it never will. I'm investigating alternatives to Tivo like Aureo.
Their policy? To mark it as resolved when it's clearly not?

If my company did that as a matter of policy we wouldn't be in business very long.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #94
DJQuad
Poker Junkie

Quote:
Another instance of why TiVo's support has gotten drastically worse over the past 6 months or so. I hope you asked what the hell kind of worthless and pointless policy is that.

Pissing off loyal customers isn't a wise business plan.
DJQuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #95
swips88

TIVO black screen

We suffer with TIVO also.
I have a PREMIER that is very problematic. Often we have to re-boot to access network.

Regarding this thread however we also seem to have the same black screen at end of a Netflix movie or show. Only way to get back to Netflix is to use TIVO button and then re-enter Netflix application then find your show then find your episode. Takes too long! I'd say 3 out 4 times it behaves this way.

Overall the Tivo seems to be very old technology / hardware. We have a two year old Smart TV that has a much better Netflix interface than this stupid one year old Tivo.

And our 4 year old Roku is leaps and bounds ahead of TiVo for streaming! It never crashes and even when using it wireless it works better than Tivo with a wired connection!

Would not buy another TIVO unless they gave it to me to try first.
Overall a waste of money and monthly service fees.
swips88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #96
b_scott
TiVo Fan

well to be fair, this is a cable DVR, not an all in one media stream box. They've added some things through the years, but it's still not the focus.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #97
scn101

I called TiVo to cancel my account, I was so tired of the Netflix issues.

They asked if I'd try two things, so I did as I really do like TiVo, just not the issues, and so far the Netflix issue hasn't returned.

1. Disconnect your Premiere from Netflix in the settings. Then reconnect to Netflix by launching Netflix. You'll have to reenter your Netflix password when you relaunch Netflix. This fixed the issue, at least for the last three movies.

2. They pushed a firmware upgrade to me, taking my Premiere from 20.3.1 to 20.3.7, or something close to that, that they tell me should help.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #98
scn101

Quote:
I called TiVo to cancel my account, I was so tired of the Netflix issues.

They asked if I'd try two things, so I did as I really do like TiVo, just not the issues, and so far the Netflix issue hasn't returned.

1. Disconnect your Premiere from Netflix in the settings. Then reconnect to Netflix by launching Netflix. You'll have to reenter your Netflix password when you relaunch Netflix. This fixed the issue, at least for the last three movies.

2. They pushed a firmware upgrade to me, taking my Premiere from 20.3.1 to 20.3.7, or something close to that, that they tell me should help.
Forget the above, Netflix locked up again today (no pause, etc., just keeps streaming).
Old 11-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #99
SuperGonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuad View Post
Exactly. If nobody complains to TiVo, TiVo doesn't know how many of us want this broken app fixed.
If TIVO had an easier way to report issues, we'd not need this community bitch session. Click on the support page & you get tons of canned crap. It reminds me of the phone system...press 1 for xx, press 2 for xy...screw that, answer the damned phone & take care of the problem.

I'm about to the end of my first year with TIVO & will, quite likely, give it up. The FioS box I had was superior, except for the option to expand HDD space. There is nothing TIVO does better than the Motorola QIP 6416-2.

I just quit using TIVO for apps. It wasn't worth the headache

Last edited by SuperGonz : 11-16-2013 at 11:00 AM.
SuperGonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #100
tewill

Prior to this most recent fall update, Kaitlyn in TiVo Support led me to believe that the fall update would fix this issue with Netflix. I contacted her once I saw it did not, and she said:

"We are still deligintely working on resolving this issue with you. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience."

The optimist in me wants to take that to mean they actually are still working to fix this issue.
tewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #101
Loach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewill View Post
Prior to this most recent fall update, Kaitlyn in TiVo Support led me to believe that the fall update would fix this issue with Netflix. I contacted her once I saw it did not, and she said:

"We are still deligintely working on resolving this issue with you. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience."

The optimist in me wants to take that to mean they actually are still working to fix this issue.
Is that really how she spelled diligently?

Anyway, the response made me think of the attendant at the Jiffy Park lot in Seinfeld:

"We ask that you please bear with us."

"That is all hearsay."

"What can I tell you? Take it up with Consumer Affairs."
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #102
mrboudin

Netflix Pause/Play Problem

New to the forums, but have used Tivo's for a long time.

When I pause a Netflix movie, walk a way for a while and come back, I sometimes can't seem to un-pause. The only way to restart the movie is to click the Tivo button and launch Netflix again.

I've noticed this happens only when Netflix is paused and the Tivo starts recording something in the background. Seems like a software bug to me.

Has anyone else experienced this? Software is 20.3.7.1a.

Thanks,
-Greg
mrboudin is offline   Reply With Quote