TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
rch1

Question Westinghouse 50" LCD and Tivo remote

I used code 0238 to program my Tivo remote for Westinghouse CW50T9XW 50-inch LCD HDTV (on sale last Black Friday).

The good news is the remote works for all the buttons that should work: power, volume, mute, etc.

The bad news is some buttons on remote have "dual-action" on Tivo and on the TV.
For example, FF starts fast forward in Tivo, but also kicks TV into setup. Number "2" works for the Tivo as intended, but also drops me into input selection on the TV. 30-second skip button toggles through screen fit modes on the TV (Standard/Fill/Overscan).

I found a few references to this, e.g. www fixya com support t15315354-westinghouse_tv_goes_setup_when_tivo but suggestions there did not work.

I would prefer to continue using the Tivo remote. Is it possible without the "side effects"?
rch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
supasta

Do you use a soundbar or other sound system other than the TV itself? If so, I would just cover the IR receiver on the TV.

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
Edmund
Remote Czar

Try switching the tivo to a different address, one other than zero. There are 9 alternate addresses to chose, perhaps one won't conflict with the tv.

to switch addresses:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...829#post893829
Edmund is online now   Reply With Quote