TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
videojanitor

Setting clock on non-subscribed HR10

I found an interesting use for the unsubscribed HR10 that's been sitting in my closet for three years: I took it to work (a TV station) and am using the OTA tuners and dual live buffers to "monitor" both our main and sub channel. This allows anyone in Engineering to quickly "review" something that happened on the air.

It works great, however the internal clock is off by about 9 hours. Having the right time is handy when scrubbing through the buffer, since we may be looking for something happened at a specific time.

I thought it would correct itself by getting the time from the satellite stream (we have a DirecTV feed going to it, as it won't go through the start-up process without it), but after several days, it hasn't happened.

I'm thinking that I need to hook up a phone line and let it make a call in order to set the clock. Does anyone know if this is correct? At the same time, if it makes a call, am I opening up the possibility that the buffer functionality will be killed?

Any tips appreciated!
videojanitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Nothing will prevent you from using it as an OTA tuner with buffer. Go ahead and have it call in, though I can't promise that will set the clock.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
videojanitor

Thanks Steve. I actually did have it make a call last night and it worked! The clock set and there appears to be no ill effects. I'm kind of excited to have found a great use for this box. Beats letting it sit in the closet.
videojanitor is offline   Reply With Quote