TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Golden Boy

I hope this show dies a quick death so we no longer have to see 137 promos for it every frickin' day.

Jeez - enough is enough.

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
TonyD79

Funny thing is that none of the promos indicate what the show is about at all. They could have called it "How I became the police commissioner" but I guess they read the HIMYM threads here.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
WhiskeyTango

Yea, I'm giving this one an immediate pass, and I don't mean Season Pass.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
mattack

I have a Tivo, so I don't watch ads.. but wait, I still see it when 30 second skipping!
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I have a Tivo, so I don't watch ads.. but wait, I still see it when 30 second skipping!
Me too, and me too. When they play the promo 137 times a day, even us 30 second skippers are subjected to it.

I wouldn't watch it now, just on principle.

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
Old 02-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

I think Chi McBride needs the money and is probably getting some payback for them cancelling Human Target too early!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
pkscout

Chi McBride is the only reason I'm going to give the show a try. The funny thing with the promos is that it took my wife and I almost three weeks to even figure out what the heck the show was about. I already had it on the list because of Chi. I'll be curious to see if it's a keeper.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

I like Chi McBride too (& watched Human Target), but the ridiculous number of promos for this thing borders on the absurd.

I'm probably just stubborn but the more somebody tries to cram something down my throat, the more I resist it. I won't be watching.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
eddyj

I set a Season Pass the first time I saw an ad (I like Chi McBride). But the next 10 billion ads have made me want to delete it!
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
dowalker

Is it about the statue on the top of the Manitoba Legislature?
dowalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

I must not watch CBS as I never have seen a promo for it. I just went to the site and watched some clips. It seems like a really interesting concept. I am not a cops and robbers TV show fan but this seems like it may have some depth beyond case of the week, but we'll see. I have watched a lot of great ideas destroyed by poor execution.

I'll give it a few episodes. I have been looking for some new shows to catch my interest because some of my favorites wrapped up or I tired of them. (or they are on hiatus).
Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #12
malayphred
Underpowered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowalker View Post
Is it about the statue on the top of the Manitoba Legislature?
Yes.

It was bitten by a radioactive hockey player and comes to life whenever injustice threatens the sanctity of New Gotham.

At least that is what I understand from sitting through 11 gazillion promo's.

But, I'm a hockey fan so I might watch an episode or two. It will be interesting to see how the writers figure out how to make his ice skates work in Arizona.
malayphred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #13
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
I think Chi McBride needs the money and is probably getting some payback for them cancelling Human Target too early!
And how annoying is this -- Mark Valley is in Body of Proof, which is in the exact same timeslot. So where I used to be able to watch Chi and Mark together in Human Target, now if I want to see them, it maxes out my TiVo for that timeslot.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #14
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

I have an HR34 and an HR22, giving me a total of seven tuners. I have yet to run into this problem!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #15
appleye1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dancing View Post
I must not watch CBS as I never have seen a promo for it.
me either, I don't know how I missed them. I'm glad I didn't though because I just ran across it tonight and watched it live (), (well not really, I waited till 20 min in so I could skip commercials). I'm glad I ran across it tho because I like Chi McBride as well and I enjoyed it. But i feel like I'm so sick of police procedurals I probably would have skipped it if I had just seen the promos. I liked it well enough though to go ahead and set a SP for it.

I Cut The Cord! 02/11 (OTA Hulu+ Netflix)
TiVo user since 12/99
Yamms:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

appleye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleye1 View Post
me either, I don't know how I missed them. I'm glad I didn't though because I just ran across it tonight and watched it live (), (well not really, I waited till 20 min in so I could skip commercials). I'm glad I ran across it tho because I like Chi McBride as well and I enjoyed it. But i feel like I'm so sick of police procedurals I probably would have skipped it if I had just seen the promos. I liked it well enough though to go ahead and set a SP for it.
I watched last night and really enjoyed it. It has potential. It could still fall apart after this Pilot episode like The Following did.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #17
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I agree the ads are on constantly, but they are kinda working on me. I'm slightly interested in watching an episode and it does not look like a show I'd like. The constant barrage of commercials makes me think there must be something special about the show.

I will say I don't currently have it set to record and I doubt I'll ever see an episode. ETA: I just noticed a thread for the first episode. I guess I missed it.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #18
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Having Chi McBride in the cast ALMOST got me to watch this, but the ads showed it to be pretty much like every other CBS police procedural, so I passed.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #19
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
I have an HR34 and an HR22, giving me a total of seven tuners. I have yet to run into this problem!
I had four tuners before Comcast went all-digital.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
Hcour

The networks need to give up on cop shows. This is total suck. Just one cliche after another, in both the characters and the cases they solve. (You can usually tell whodunit as soon as that character is introduced.) The acting ranges from adequate (the lead) to terrible (pretty much everybody else).

There is one standout, Chi McBride, as the seasoned partner. I've never really seen him in much before but this guy is one hell of an actor. Calm and quiet, his talent is so far above the bland material he's working with that he manages to make his generic, by-the-numbers veteran cop believable, interesting, and sympathetic. I hope this show gets cancelled ASAP, because it should put McBride on the map and maybe it will give him the career he deserves. I'd love to see him in something worthy of his talent.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #21
holee
Uncertain

I really like this show. The interaction between the two stars is fantastic. I hope it doesn't get cancelled because the cast is too good to lose.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #22
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
There is one standout, Chi McBride, as the seasoned partner. I've never really seen him in much before but this guy is one hell of an actor. Calm and quiet, his talent is so far above the bland material he's working with that he manages to make his generic, by-the-numbers veteran cop believable, interesting, and sympathetic. I hope this show gets cancelled ASAP, because it should put McBride on the map and maybe it will give him the career he deserves. I'd love to see him in something worthy of his talent.
I understand that you probably haven't seen him much, but it seems to me he is already on the map!

Boston Public, Human Target and the recurring role he had on House are just a few of the shows I've seen him in regularly, and he's done an awful lot more - and not just guest shots. He's been around quite a while. I do really like him, but don't really consider him under-exposed.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #23
sharkster

I've never watched the other shows mentioned, but I rather like this show. Is it one of the best shows on TV? No. But I rather like it.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote