TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Carsten
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 108
Tivo Premiere Telnet Problem

Hello,

I am using the Telnet port on the Tivo to control my Tivo from my Phone/PC.

Recently, since the new update was pushed 20.2.1.1-01-2-746 the Telnet port breaks every 24 hours or so. I havent figured out the exact interval.

I've tried to disable the Network Remote feature and re-enable it again to see if that resolves the issue but it doesnt. The only way I can get it to work again is for me to unplug the Tivo and get it to boot again.

I've also tried the Official Tivo App on my Android; it has the same affect. It doesnt work till I reboot the unit.

Has anyone else seen this? Anyway I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Carsten
Carsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
oViTynoT
Obvious Forum Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 341
Just curious, does your TiVo use DHCP to get its address? And if so, is it changing every 24 hours?
oViTynoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Carsten
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 108
No, Static
Carsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
zodad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2
I have the same issue, its about an 8 hour interval for me. If the unit is set to static, it will revert to DHCP, but the on-screen menu will still indicate that it is set to static. A reboot or even temporarily disconnecting the network cable will set it back to the static address, but it's only a matter of time before it happens again.

I reported the issue to Tivo but they were unwilling to allow me to reference other users' cases so that they could gather further information.
zodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 4,924
I was about to open a new thread but this may be related to what I am seeing. I have static IP addresses assigned to my computer and all of the TiVos. The IP Address Allocation page in my router has the following for the computer, the TiVo 2 and the THD:

Code:
Device Status 	   Connected Static IP
Address Assignment Static IP - no DHCP
while both Premieres show:

Code:
Device Status      Connected DHCP
Address Assignment Private from pool:192.168.1.0
They both appear to be using the fixed IP address I assigned and I am encountering no problems but it's just weird.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |