TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
m_jonis

no signal probs after fall update

got a new premiere xl4. worked fine for 2 weeks. after the fall update i am now plagued with ertors that say there is a problem with the signal on this channel. it does it on all channels including non-sdv channels. the tuning adapter reports 90+ strength and no corrections and signal lock. only a reboot of the tivo will fix the problem. any ideas?
m_jonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Tico
Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Bad cable from tuning adapter to Tivo?
Series3 OLED STA1520 TA Activated 9/21/06
Tico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
MeInDallas

Next time it does that, pull the cable card out, count to 10 then put it back in and see if they come back. Usually that fixes it for me.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
m_jonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico View Post
Bad cable from tuning adapter to Tivo?
Normally I'd go with that except:

1) My TivoHD that was using same cable (I replaced the TivoHD with the Premier XL 4) didn't have the problem

2) The Premier XL4 didn't have the problem until after the upgrade and now I get it 2-3x per week.

3) The Tivo itself is reporting fine signal strength and no corrections, etc.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
m_jonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDallas View Post
Next time it does that, pull the cable card out, count to 10 then put it back in and see if they come back. Usually that fixes it for me.
I'm pretty sure it's the Tivo Update. During the problem, I couldn't even watch YouTube videos. It "hung" in the middle of playback.

I hate to call Tivo tech support (you get Tier 1 support and they go through a bunch of ridiculous things like, "oh you're using a surge strip--that's the cause" or "oh, it's plugged into the wall outlet, must not be getting EXACTLY 120volts, that's the problem". Did you restart it?, etc. etc. etc.)
Old 11-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_jonis View Post
I'm pretty sure it's the Tivo Update. During the problem, I couldn't even watch YouTube videos. It "hung" in the middle of playback.

I hate to call Tivo tech support (you get Tier 1 support and they go through a bunch of ridiculous things like, "oh you're using a surge strip--that's the cause" or "oh, it's plugged into the wall outlet, must not be getting EXACTLY 120volts, that's the problem". Did you restart it?, etc. etc. etc.)
I understand. Been there way too many times already. Tivo loves to blame everything on something other than the Tivo itself.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote