TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Family Guy "Christmas Guy" 12/15/13

Brian is back! - actually he never went anywhere.
That happened quicker than I expected.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
DeDondeEs

Yes thankfully Brian is back! I liked the carolers from A Christmas Story bit.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
sharkster

Oh yay! I'm so upset that, for the last two weeks, our local Fox TV affiliate has shown other crap in the place of all four animated shows so I haven't gotten to see what's going on with any of them.

But it does soften the blow a little bit to know that Brian is back. I hope they re-air, at least, this week's shows soon.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
Yes thankfully Brian is back! I liked the carolers from A Christmas Story bit.
Yes, one of your favorite Christmas movies is incredibry racist. (And not that rong ago, either.)
Old 12-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
sharkster

Oh yay! In case I'm not the only one who didn't get to see this episode, it's airing on Cartoon Network on 12/23 at 11pm. yay! Plus, I see it again at 3am on 12/24.

I wish the rest of the Sun night animated shows were on there.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #6
harrinpj

This guy must be upset.
harrinpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I am glad Brian's back, but I rather liked Vinny this episode. I hope they can figure out a way to use Vinny down the road.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Oh yay! In case I'm not the only one who didn't get to see this episode, it's airing on Cartoon Network on 12/23 at 11pm. yay! Plus, I see it again at 3am on 12/24.

I wish the rest of the Sun night animated shows were on there.
Bob's Burgers is usually on Sunday nights at 7 and 7:30 (repeated seven hours later), although next Sunday the schedule is changed because of Christmas specials. American Dad is on pretty much every night; weeknights at 7:30, and Sundays at 7:00.

There was a bump on AS once where they said that they had been trying for years to get The Simpsons, but Fox simply wouldn't sell. Now, The Simpsons repeats will be on FX, if I heard correctly.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #9
rifleman69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I am glad Brian's back, but I rather liked Vinny this episode. I hope they can figure out a way to use Vinny down the road.
Amen, even if Quagmire is a cat guy...he's the perfect owner for Vinnie (or Vinny).
rifleman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

(Yes, this is a repeat of a post in the earlier episode's thread, but somebody noted that posts about this episode shouldn't go there, so I'm reposting it here.)

Question: if Stewie can set the coordinates on his return pad to go to any place and time (not necessarily one where the time machine existed - remember, he went to just before the car hit Brian, which was after the time machine had been destroyed), effectively making it a time machine of its own, and it doesn't need any nuclear or other "illegal" materials to run (it used to need uranium or plutonium, but after what happened in "Road to Germany", Stewie modified it so it would run on ordinary batteries), then what stopped Stewie from making another return pad and using that as a time machine to save Brian?

(Wait, don't tell me, I already know - the answer is: "The writers.")
Old 12-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
timr_42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman69 View Post
Amen, even if Quagmire is a cat guy...he's the perfect owner for Vinnie (or Vinny).
No, because he doesn't wear a necklace.
timr_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
(Yes, this is a repeat of a post in the earlier episode's thread, but somebody noted that posts about this episode shouldn't go there, so I'm reposting it here.)

Question: if Stewie can set the coordinates on his return pad to go to any place and time (not necessarily one where the time machine existed - remember, he went to just before the car hit Brian, which was after the time machine had been destroyed), effectively making it a time machine of its own, and it doesn't need any nuclear or other "illegal" materials to run (it used to need uranium or plutonium, but after what happened in "Road to Germany", Stewie modified it so it would run on ordinary batteries), then what stopped Stewie from making another return pad and using that as a time machine to save Brian?

Sheesh, this is a cartoon where we have a talking dog, characters blown up one scene and look exactly the same the next, etc. and this matters?
Old 12-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:

I will make up an answer: Because the return pad is tied into the time machine it came from and just making a return pad on it's own would not work because it has no mothership to link to. So he was able to do some timey winey thing....Yeah, that's it.
NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #14
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:

The fact that he was able to go to the time right before Brian is hit by the car, but which is right after the destruction of the time machine is irrelevant. Remember, Stewie got the return pad from Alt-Stewie, who had also traveled to a time that was after the time machine was destroyed, so that shouldn't matter.

Now that fact that the "return" pad can be set to go somewhere other than back to the main time machine is an interesting question. But not the question about when Stewie was able to travel to.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #15
Bob_Newhart
My Custom User Title

Anyone notice that Quagmire doesn't seem to be as good an actor as he used to be? It seems like he's been distracted lately and it shows in his performance. I wonder if he's okay?
Bob_Newhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #16
rifleman69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Newhart View Post
Anyone notice that Quagmire doesn't seem to be as good an actor as he used to be? It seems like he's been distracted lately and it shows in his performance. I wonder if he's okay?
He's struggling without Cleveland.
rifleman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #17
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Newhart View Post
You mean the voice actor? That's Seth MacFarlane. Since he also voices Peter, Brian, and Stewie, and they seem to sound OK, I don't think there's a problem with him.

If you mean Quagmire the character, I think the problem is, it's hard to have a "Quagmire episode" - there are only so many things you can do with him. I'm pretty sure that's why Cleveland got the spinoff instead of Quagmire or Joe. (Well, that, and the fact that Cleveland never really did anything on the show; he didn't have much of a "gimmick" off of which to write jokes, other than falling out of his second-story bathroom while taking a bath.)
Old 12-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #18
dilbert27

Quote:
You mean the voice actor? That's Seth MacFarlane. Since he also voices Peter, Brian, and Stewie, and they seem to sound OK, I don't think there's a problem with him.

If you mean Quagmire the character, I think the problem is, it's hard to have a "Quagmire episode" - there are only so many things you can do with him. I'm pretty sure that's why Cleveland got the spinoff instead of Quagmire or Joe. (Well, that, and the fact that Cleveland never really did anything on the show; he didn't have much of a "gimmick" off of which to write jokes, other than falling out of his second-story bathroom while taking a bath.)

dilbert27 is offline   Reply With Quote