TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
pgoelz

Problems receiving slide remotes?

Anyone else having trouble actually getting a slide remote shipped from Tivo to you? Something is very wrong at Tivo.... I have ordered three so far and have only received ONE.

The first remote I ordered, the shipping envelope was open and empty when received. So I asked for a refund and re-ordered (a chore in itself).

The second was received OK (but shipped next day air, so maybe it went through a different process).

I decided I wanted two slide remotes so I ordered another one. Silly me That one supposedly "shipped" but five days later has not shown up in the UPS tracking system as anything other than a label. UPS says they don't have it and that they scan it when it arrives at the UPS facility so it is Tivo's fault. Tivo says UPS scans it when they take possession of it at the TIVO facility and Tivo shows it as shipped, so it is UPS's fault.

In the mean time, there are four of them on Ebay right now, selling for less than the Tivo price.......

Am I the only one?

Paul
pgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

This is the worst time of year for packages. There are millions upon millions of extra packages in the shipping channels. Some get stolen, many get beat up during the shipping process this time of year. I am always weary of any packages I receive this time of year. Although, so far, I've only had issues with three packages out of the seventy or so I've received since the beginning of November
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
sangs

I have three on the way right now and they "departed" Texas yesterday according to UPS tracking number.
sangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
pgoelz

Mine was ordered on the 12th but only "origin scanned" last night (Monday the 16th). It magically turned up on the UPS tracking page today (Tuesday the 17th). Who knows where it was in the intervening days. Tivo kept claiming they no longer had it. So did UPS. Somebody was confused.......

Paul
Old 12-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
aaronwt
HD Addict

UPS has been pissing me off this season. All of my issues have been with UPS packages.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
pgoelz

Hard to tell what the real problem is, but I notice that there are fewer updates on the UPS tracking system than usual. Packages may be moving normally, but I doubt it. It is going on 24 hours and my remote is still in Texas according to their tracking. The scheduled delivery is Thursday. Not sure how they will make that unless the tracking system is about a day behind.

Paul
Old 12-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
HenryFarpolo

I was told that bad weather last week impacted shipping from Texas. I ordered mine on the 6th and finally got it yesterday.
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoelz View Post
That one supposedly "shipped" but five days later has not shown up in the UPS tracking system as anything other than a label. UPS says they don't have it and that they scan it when it arrives at the UPS facility so it is Tivo's fault. Tivo says UPS scans it when they take possession of it at the TIVO facility and Tivo shows it as shipped, so it is UPS's fault.
I had this happen with an Amazon package a couple years ago. It was eventually returned to them and I got a credit, but unfortunately it took so long it was impossible for them to get me the stuff by Christmas, so I had to brave the crowds at Toys R Us to get the gifts that were lost in transit.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
pgoelz

It gets more interesting.... UPS tracking says as of now, it is still in Texas and is (re)scheduled for delivery on Thursday. But the UPS notification system just texted me that it was going to be delivered today (it was not). When I clicked on the link embedded in the text, it said it was scheduled for delivery on Thursday. Something is wrong with the UPS tracking system.

Paul
Old 12-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #10
Dan203
Super Moderator

My first Slide Pro order was delivered to the wrong address a few towns over. (even though it was addressed to me) I ended up having to call TiVo and have them send me another one.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
KTOA

My Slide Pro took a week to actually ship and then two days for delivery.
KTOA is offline   Reply With Quote