TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
Azlen

CW Renewals, Cancellations and Pickups

Here are the fates of the CW shows.

Renewals: Beauty and the Beast, Hart of Dixie, The 100, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Arrow and Reign.

New Shows: The Flash, iZombie, Jane the Virgin and The Messengers

Cancellations: The Tomorrow People, Carrie Diaries and Star-Crossed. The Supernatural spin off will also not happen.

Last edited by Azlen : 05-08-2014 at 04:50 PM. Reason: It's iZombie not Zombie
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
Vendikarr

Wow.. I thought for certain Beauty and the Beast and the 100 were goners. That is quite a surprise.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
pkscout

Here's hoping The Tomorrow People doesn't end in a cliffhanger.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

iZombie was an amazing comic book (with an unfortunate title), which makes me fear what will happen when Hollywood gets its hand on it...there's really nowhere to go but down.

Knock on wood, though...Chris Roberson's last laugh (he quit DC in a huff over the way they treated creative people, and took a lot of crap over it; iZombie The Comic ended when he left, although it's not clear the two events are related). And it's the Veronica Mars people who are making this, so...
Old 05-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #5
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout View Post
Here's hoping The Tomorrow People doesn't end in a cliffhanger.
They already aired their finale.

Spoiler:
You can stop it a few minutes before the end and everything is pretty much wrapped up. They did set up something for next season at the end if they did get renewed but it's not a traditional cliff hanger.

Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Good news: The Flash

Bad news: It's on the CW!!
Old 05-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #7
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

I don't watch it (nor anything else on the CW) but I think if The Carrie Diaries had been anywhere else but The CW, it might have survived much longer.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #8
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post

Arrow and Smallville have done well on the CW as well as Supernatural so we'll see.

Relevant news links:

http://www.eonline.com/news/539674/t...ook-na-eonline

http://www.eonline.com/news/540007/t...d-2-more-shows

http://www.eonline.com/news/539947/b...eries-survived

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #9
hummingbird_206

I'm very bummed that The Carrie Diaries won't be back. Very glad Hart of Dixie will be back. Don't really care about The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, even though I watch both, I wouldn't miss them.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #10
vertigo235

Bummed about the tomorrow people being canned, but I'm excited about The Flash, hope it's good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #11
mattack

Heh.. This time, I'm one of those people - I haven't watched ANY eps of The Tomorrow People, but have 'em all recorded.

I will _still_ watch at least an episode or two. If I stop, it won't be because "it's cancelled, why keep watching it", like others often say... it will just be because there's more stuff I like better to watch.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #12
laria
Librocubicularist

I had 18 eps of The Tomorrow People left that I deleted tonight. Didn't watch any of the other cancelled shows.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #13
CraigK
(unspecified)

I haven't watched anything on CW for a while, but "Penn and Teller: Fool Us" is coming to the U.S. via CW in July so I'll probably give that a spin.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:04 PM   #14
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
I had 18 eps of The Tomorrow People left that I deleted tonight.
Why? I mean, didn't you like it? And if you didn't like it why did you continue to record it? And if you did like it, why not watch the episodes sometime? Does the fact that it's not coming back ruin it that much for you? If it WERE coming back would you watch them?

I just don't get that.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #15
mattack

Oooh, thanks for that info!
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #16
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
Why? I mean, didn't you like it?
Not really. It was ok but it was nothing special, which is why there were still 18 episodes on there.

Quote:
And if you didn't like it why did you continue to record it?
Because I set up season passes for basically every single new show that seems remotely interesting and record them all and hope to hear that they were good if I didn't start them yet or enjoy them if I did. The Tomorrow People fell into the bucket of, "I didn't really care about it either way after 4 episodes... but I'll keep them in case it improves."

Quote:
Does the fact that it's not coming back ruin it that much for you? If it WERE coming back would you watch them?
It's not that it ruins anything, but more that I was pretty ambivalent about it already, and I have a lot of other stuff on there to watch and things on Netflix that I didn't really want to invest the time.

If it was coming back, I may have still deleted them. I have done that with a number of shows... just decided at the end of the season that I wasn't really that interested in watching them and deleted the whole thing.

I am trying to decide if I care or not about some of the ones coming back. I have been watching Hart of Dixie since the beginning but I just had a hard time getting into it last year and ended up watching all the episodes over the summer. I think I have watched only 1 or 2 this season. But it's been renewed and I've been watching it so long before this that now I have to decide if I want to keep investing the time.

I am looking forward to the new Flash show, though! I liked the backdoor-ish stuff for it that was on Arrow.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #17
Mike10

I know that lots of people did not like the backdoor pilot for supernatural bloodlines but I am really surprised that it did not get picked up
Mike10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #18
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Because I set up season passes for basically every single new show that seems remotely interesting and record them all and hope to hear that they were good if I didn't start them yet or enjoy them if I did. The Tomorrow People fell into the bucket of, "I didn't really care about it either way after 4 episodes... but I'll keep them in case it improves."
I should expand on this and say that a good example of this in our house would be Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought it was ok in the early season, but not "must watch." SO really disliked it mainly because he could not stand the female main character. So we'd occasionally slog through an episode when SO decided he could stomach watching her.

But then we started reading/hearing that it got better, and there were tie-ins with Captain America and stuff, so we made an effort to push through until we go to some better episodes and now we are enjoying it since it did get better. So that's why I record a bunch of stuff and keep it in the hopes of things like that.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #19
cheesesteak
Meh.

From an interview with the Tomorrow People's executive producer shortly before the show was canceled:

Quote:
How are you feeling about your renewal odds?
I know that the network couldn’t be more pleased with the content of the show. They are truly fans, and they were delighted by our season 2 pitch, and it always comes down to business decisions, but creatively, they’re also champions of the show and that gives me a lot of optimism as does the ferociousness of our fans, modest though they may be. I feel like every show that I’ve worked on, whether it’s been Veronica Mars or Chuck, these bubble shows in a lot of ways, without sounding arrogant, I think also happen to be some of the best shows. They can’t quantify the rabidness of how much [fans] love your show. Eyeballs are eyeballs but I feel like, if they could, The Tomorrow People would be doing pretty well.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/05/to...mmer-season-2/

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #20
vertigo235

Quote:
I had 18 eps of The Tomorrow People left that I deleted tonight. Didn't watch any of the other cancelled shows.
It ended good, you should watch it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #21
laria
Librocubicularist

Oh well... too late. TiVo does not keep them in the trash very long.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #22
mr.unnatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post

The Flash was announced months ago. Barry Allen was introduced on Arrow earlier this season. The accident that caused Barry Allen to become the Flash already took place on an earlier episode of Arrow. He's been in a coma all season and will probably wake up just in time for the fall season, if not sooner. I suspect he'll show up in the Arrow season finale or possibly the season opener next fall.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #23
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

You might want to put that in spoilers. Many people, including myself, haven't watched Arrow right through yet and may be upset by that information.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #24
robojerk

Supernatural seems to be trying to make a spin off series for awhile now. Guy and his golem, witch detective, and there have been others....