Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #31
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
When I did this, the captions were preserved, except for a few missing letters.
I am fairly certain that the captions are clipped/jumbled during the remux to download the video off the Tivo. The text seems to go missing in 2 character chunks and sometimes those characters are simply moved elsewhere in the sentence.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #32
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
No, it's a global setting. I'm not aware of any differences in TS download reliability between series 3 & series 4 models, but I don't download from series 3 units anymore.
AFAIK, the ts downloads were broken for quite a while on Premieres. This was from the pytivo (wmcbrine) group. And these were recently fixed.

My assumption is that since TivoHD units have not had an update in quite a while, its TS download would still be broken, but I could be wrong.
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #33
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
AFAIK, the ts downloads were broken for quite a while on Premieres.
That's news to me and not my experience. Since I use VRD which can decrypt TS TiVO files without a problem I've been using TS downloads for at least a year without issue. I mostly advise against it for anyone that doesn't have VRD since there are still issues with tivodecode for TS TiVo files.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #34
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
AFAIK, the ts downloads were broken for quite a while on Premieres. This was from the pytivo (wmcbrine) group. And these were recently fixed.
You've misunderstood something. There are (still) some issues with TS, but it was never "downloads are broken".

Quote:
My assumption is that since TivoHD units have not had an update in quite a while, its TS download would still be broken, but I could be wrong.
TS transfers only work one way (TiVo -> PC) on Series 3. And it's annoying, because the S3 pretends it can receive TS, and requests it, but if you actually send it, it barfs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #35
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
You've misunderstood something. There are (still) some issues with TS, but it was never "downloads are broken".

TS transfers only work one way (TiVo -> PC) on Series 3. And it's annoying, because the S3 pretends it can receive TS, and requests it, but if you actually send it, it barfs.
Ah, that was what I 'misremembered'
It was uploads are broken to S3 units.
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #36
oldgeezer19

I have been trying to pull several 30 minute HD shows back to my Tivo Premiere after cutting the commercials with VRD+. I want to preserve closed captioning. I have configured "ts = on" in pyTivo.conf, and the shows transfer fine. They display the closed captions when played back on the Tivo, but, the 19 minute commercial free shows only show a duration of 2 minutes (partial) and, when the shows are played, I can only FF to the 2 minute mark before the playback pauses. The progress bar only shows 2 minutes of green out of the 19 minutes of video.

If I press play, the playback resumes and I can view beyond 2 minutes into the show, but, the progress bar never moves beyond 2 minutes. FF seems to work, but REW restarts the playback from the beginning of the show.

If I push the shows back using pyTivo and kmttg, the show duration is correct, the progress bar advances properly, but CC is not preserved.

Is this only a Tivo Premiere issue? If I transfer the shows to my TiviHD, will CC be preserved? If I then transfer the shows from the TivoHD to the Tivo Premiere, will CC be lost?
oldgeezer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #37
BlondAngel

Refer to this

More info at thread 504410 in this forum titled "Closed captions for archived shows"
BlondAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #38
elmeng

Funny coincidence, last week my Tivo Premiere's software was upgraded. while transfering a edited toasted tivo tv program, the tiVO was recieving a download from Tivo with the Tivo tutorials at the same time. Low and behold, the CC worked on the uploaded edited program to my premiere. Thought, yea they fixed it, but alas, just this once. I didn't watch it all the way thru yet.
elmeng is offline   Reply With Quote