TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-11-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
Zathrus

Charter TV in Gwinnet and Roswell, GA area

Charter has apparently published it's upcoming channel lineup too early -- both to companies like TiVo and to their own website.

So many channels will be wrong -- including HBO (SD and HD), BBC America (ditto), and numerous other channels. I don't know the full list, and even if I did it would probably be very, very long.

The printed material I have references May 20 as the channel lineup change, but it went active sometime in the past week -- we noticed it last night (May 10).

A work around, if you remember/can find the old channel number, is to set up a manual recording on the proper channel at the proper time. This is at least possible for the most important recordings. But in general this is a complete foul up by Charter.
Zathrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
sharkster

I'm not in your area, but I have Charter out in the West. Over two years ago we had a bunch of channel number changes coming up and they did the same thing. I guess they gave the channel number change info to Tribune Media (or something) and everything changed like a month before the ACTUAL change was to take place.

The ensuing problem was that I was unable to get the Tivos to record a lot of shows because it would not recognize that a channel existed on the old numbers.

I called Tivo about it and they were able to get it fixed back.

A couple of months ago we had a massive channel number change again and I thought (something like) 'oh geez, here we go again'. But, alas, it went off seamlessly. Color me shocked!

Anyway, I hope it's not that bad there for you. The folks at Tivo were really helpful at getting to the bottom of it and switching everything back until it was supposed to change.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote