TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
thebobknight

Help! message 86...

So... I have a series 3 (almost 4 years old), and last week started to get the S03 error. Long story short, I downloaded tivo desktop, C&DE.

Today I started up all my season passes again and started transferring my shows back to tivo. Everything is working fine when I get the 86 error. It said to check the tivo server, so I did that, no change. Tried to transfer another show, and it worked! Sadly, it hasn't worked again. 86 every time. Then I rebooted, no change.

The tivo is recording from the season passes fine, but I can't record new shows, or start new transfers. Is this something I have to wait out until my current transfers end (about 20)? Or am I just screwed?
thebobknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Wait out the transfers and then see where you are at. I recently had a Tivo lock up on the transfers and I didn't have anywhere near that many queued up. Did the S03 error go away after you did C&DE? I recently had to re-image a hard drive to get that error to go away. Which, by the way, is your other option. I can provide you with a link to an image for your box if need be. I would need to know specifically what S3 version it is and you would need to go to the Upgrade Forum to read about how to do that. I use WinMFS and a USB to IDE/SATA adapter cable.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
thebobknight

The transfers haven't stopped yet. I actually have 35 more, from right now, which should be done by morning. So I didn't, how do you say, count, the first time.

After C&DE, first download went fine, no S03 errors. I tried it again just now, no error.

Version: 11.0k-01-2-658

Thx for the help!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
thebobknight

Weird. Tivo only got about 4Gb of shows from my pc during the night. Could be something going on with my computer. But on the plus side, tivo is suddenly accepting new recordings with no 86 error! Haven't tried making additional transfers - I'll wait until current queue clears to try more.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobknight View Post
Weird. Tivo only got about 4Gb of shows from my pc during the night. Could be something going on with my computer.
That makes me think you have a firewall limit of some sort going on.
If you are using 3rd party security software (McAfee, Kaspersky, etc.), temporarily disable the firewall and see if you get more than 4 GB transferred.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
unitron

S03 cure:

Clear Program information & To Do List

http://texasblindjack.com/2010/10/20...rom-your-tivo/

No need to C&DE

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
thebobknight

unitron, do you know of anyone that has worked for? The tivo helpline could use that kind of information if so...

Final update on 86 (i hope!)- I kept transferring shows from pc to tivo, but never too many at once. Then I got the error again and realized I had 30+ shows trying to transfer on to do list. So I let it clear and the error hasn't happened again. Something about a large number of shows waiting to transfer makes this error happen.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #8
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobknight View Post
unitron, do you know of anyone that has worked for? The tivo helpline could use that kind of information if so...

Final update on 86 (i hope!)- I kept transferring shows from pc to tivo, but never too many at once. Then I got the error again and realized I had 30+ shows trying to transfer on to do list. So I let it clear and the error hasn't happened again. Something about a large number of shows waiting to transfer makes this error happen.
Actually I got an S03 on an S2 a month or two ago and used that successfully, although I'd come across it somehow a year or two ago.

(had it confused with our own TexasGrillChef for awhile)

Never seen an 86 in person, I don't think, and I'll have to go use the google to find out what it is.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote