Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #31
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
I would think it's time to petition your ISP, or investigate deficiencies in your LAN before hastily placing blame on TiVo's Service, when other aren't experiencing the same problems.
I already replaced my SB5101 Cable Modem with the newest SBG6580, which is a cable modem w/gateway/firewall, all-in-one, supporting DOCSIS 3.0. I am 100% 1Gb wired, with no wireless (the SBG6850 has every flavor of wireless built-in, but I refuse to use it, so it is all set to "disabled"). I even tested every cable to insure nothing had "gone wrong" with any of them.

One of the great features of the new SBG6850, is that I can run ISP diags, tracerts, WAN pings, LAN pings, and so much more.

What have I found? The "black holes" and/or "slow hops" occur beyond my ISP (and very close to mind.tivo.com, as well as other TiVo servers).

Quote:
As the OP of this particular thread, my question was: "Anyone else?".
Yeah, got it. I'm sick of trying to make everybody involved in this thread happy, anyway. I realize the error of my ways, and would happily just nuke my posts. But, people get banned from the TCF, for life, for doing so (Really, it's true).

I may either pick the matter up and move it to a more appropriate thread, or I'll start my own (not that I expect the critics not to follow)...
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #32
windracer
joined the 10k club

In nooneuknow's defense, I did hear Molly Wood on yesterday's Buzz Out Loud podcast gripe about the N17 error on her TiVo. The only response she gets from TiVo support is to "turn it off and turn it back on again."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #33
windracer
joined the 10k club

Hi fellow FL Brighthouse users. I'm having this problem again. I noticed it last night, but it appears to have started sometime yesterday afternoon. All of my TiVos had different connection errors (failed while configuring, connection interrupted, etc.). I'm also having general internet problems like pages timing out, very slow load times, etc.

Last night I did my normal internal troubleshooting: reset the cable modem, router, changed DNS servers, etc. No luck.

I'm still having the problems this morning so I called Brighthouse. They said they're not confirming an "outage" but they are having problems in the entire state of Florida. According to the rep they don't know what it is "but it's driving us crazy." The only recourse at the moment is to schedule a service call, which they did for Monday evening! They said if they get enough calls they'll declare an outage. Ugh. Looks like I'm stuck for now.

Anyone else having Roadrunner problems in FL? I found this thread over on DLSReports.

edit: here's the actual thread on DLSReports.

|

Last edited by windracer : 06-05-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:06 AM   #34
rahnbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Hi fellow FL Brighthouse users. I'm having this problem again. I noticed it last night, but it appears to have started sometime yesterday afternoon. All of my TiVos had different connection errors (failed while configuring, connection interrupted, etc.). I'm also having general internet problems like pages timing out, very slow load times, etc..
I haven't noticed anything specific to Tivo vs RR but my RR is running slower than normal. I have a 40mbit connection and this weekend all I can get is about 25mbit. I know, poor me, right? I'll wait until monday to worry about it because in my experience it seems lots of things that happen on the weekends/holidays at RR magically get corrected during normal business hours. According to their server status page "At this time the network is operating normally." I've been using Wii WFC and Amazon video without issue. The only thing I noticed on Tivo was blank discovery bars. That makes me happy!
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #35
windracer
joined the 10k club

The Brighthouse issue seems to have been resolved this morning. My internet connection is back to normal and all of my TiVos were able to successfully connect.

|
Old 06-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #36
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

My stations are bolloxed up. E.g., Channel 8 says it's Channel 7 vice versa and more. Several analogue stations are screwy. I don't know about the HD stations, because I don't use them.

I rebooted this morning, and nada changed. It is still the same. Fortunately, there is little I record on NBC!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #37
windracer
joined the 10k club

I had that happen last month (reported here) so I reported a lineup change to TiVo and it was fixed.

But yeah, there have been a lot of lineup changes from Brighthouse recently, lots of channels getting moved around.

|
Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #38
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

Thanks WR. I rebooted, removed and reinserted M-Card, re-did Guided Setup. Still the same. 7 and 8 switched. HSN on C-Span, etc. And reported it. I don't have all the channels that are switched, but I figure TiVo should readjust somehow.

It's odd to me, that other South Pinellas customers aren't having the same problem. What would cause it to be specific to one subscriber, I wonder?

Another thing. could be that the majority of TiVo subscribers use HDTV. I am prevented from doing that because I use MRV, and, as we all know, no MRV with any TiVo HDTV. Further, I am prevented from having a TA and lose channels because of the same proscription.

I'm feeling very growly, because I have spent so much time on this! We should stop watching TV altogether hahah. I will post a link to this on the other site.

Thanks for your input, WR.
M

If this
Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #39
windracer
joined the 10k club

I use the North Pinellas lineup, so it's possible when I reported the lineup issue they only fixed the North one?

|
Old 06-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #40
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

Hah. That could be. Seems you and I are the regular vigilant observers. I reckon sometimes they're the whole TB Area and others . . . who knows. If others were to post, it would be validating that it's an area thing.

Another thing, on Sunday, I noticed a Knight's guy walking with a ladder toward his truck in front of our house. (the pole is in my yard).

Detective work <g>

For the one thing NBC thing I record, I added a manual for the other channel too.

I wonder how the BH boxes are now they brag about MRV.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #41
rahnbo

We get so additions, channel swaps, and many wrong changes here in Central Fla too not to mention channels we just don't want at all like all the religious and foreign language channels (no offense we would never watch them anyway.) When a channel is added, moved, etc there should be 3 options:

1. Accept and add to my list
1B. migrate season pases if needed

2. Reject. Don't want and don't add to my list

3. Reject/Wrong lineup (which spawns a message to Tivo to correct)
3b. send customer a message when fixed

Orrr even better put this on-line like the SPM. Since I have 2 Premiere and 1 S2 its a pain doing all this work 3 times at least once a week. If it were more like the SPM it would be easier to manage.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #42
windracer
joined the 10k club

I agree ... it's a real pain to have to go through and remove all of those unwanted channels, especially when you have multiple TiVos.

|
Old 06-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #43
sharkster

Today, 6/8/11 I am having a service connection problem with BOTH of my Series 2 Tivos. I don't have my Tivos connected with my wireless network. They just connect by phone line. They've been that way for years. I have tried everything I can think of this morning and no connect. What I am getting is 'phone in use'. Well, obviously the phone is NOT in use or I'd be an idiot. I checked all the phones in my house, all the lines, etc, and there doesn't seem to be a breakdown in getting through the phone line. Tried choosing different numbers to call to no avail.

Does anybody know what else I can do? This is infuriating. It appears that it just started between yesterday and today at some point. Nothing has changed and the phones work fine. Settings on the Tivo units are as they should be.

Pertinent stats -
Both units are Series 2 - one is Tivo brand and the other Toshiba Tivo w/DVD player
Not using wireless network with my Tivos
Tivos WIRED together for MRV (been that way for years)
Do NOT have HD service, just regular/digital cable
Nothing at all has changed lately in regard to the units, the tv service, or my phone svc

TIA for any help!
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote