TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.78 average.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:47 PM   #1501
fcfc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRiT wtfdotcom View Post
No, that is from the very outside input, the moca signal is kept inside by the low pass filters. It does not allow moca signal from the main outside port to enter and doesnt allow moca signals from the inside ports to leave.

This is the exact port amplifier splitter that I am using on a Roamio and 4 Minis on Cox cable card with terminal adapter setup. The roamio is connected via ethernet with moca enabled to my router and all the minis are connected via moca.

Some specs from my mini on network status:
Peer node 1:
Tx PHY Rate: 276.759
Rx PHY Rate: 279.523
Tx Power Estimate: -21
Rx Power Estimate: 0.479

Node 2: 284.886, 283.911, -21, 0.464
Node 3 (Roamio): 283.423, 287.811, -21, 0.464
Node 4: 259.81, 279.050, -21, 0.482
Hi,
I am glad that your Electroline amp is working fine for your MoCA setup, but I could find no definitive statement or specification which indicates it also includes a MoCA filter as say the PCT brand of MoCA rated amps clearly do. You might want to test by temporarily placing a MoCA adapter before the input and seeing if it lights up and receives any MoCA signals.
The only other thing is that the pricing is high relative to the blue label PPC EVO1-9-U/U or EVO1-5 U/U units readily available on Ebay for a third of the price. These do require a filter to be installed though.

fcfc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 02-06-2016, 04:10 PM   #1502
BRiT wtfdotcom

The funny thing is, those blue label PPC units do not list or show anything over 1002MHz in their specsheets or on the unit themselves at all, nor do they mention Moca. Its good to know they work though.

When I picked up the moca friendly amplifier it was close to 18 months ago and the other PCT unit i was looking to get was always out of stock. It has increased in price since I got it, so I'm surprised its as pricey as it is.

BRiT wtfdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:24 PM   #1503
fcfc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRiT wtfdotcom View Post
The funny thing is, those blue label PPC units do not list or show anything over 1002MHz in their specsheets or on the unit themselves at all, nor do they mention Moca. Its good to know they work though.

When I picked up the moca friendly amplifier it was close to 18 months ago and the other PCT unit i was looking to get was always out of stock. It has increased in price since I got it, so I'm surprised its as pricey as it is.
Hi,
Actually the boxed units have a printed insert with instructions on connections and use that has a fairly sizable "MoCA Alliance" label and wording indicating it is MoCA compatible.
If you fast forward to about 50 seconds on this youtube video you can easily see the label and wording.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTyQZoSE-_Y

fcfc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM   #1504
RadViper

I just posted a couple weeks back questioning the cable company and what they were telling my parents. The cable company is requiring the use of their moca capable modem. They also charge $10 a month to rent a Tivo Mini. So I bought a Tivo Mini for them on Amazon instead.
I'm having trouble getting the mini to connect to the moca network. Moca appears to be setup on the T6 downstairs, but when I go to set up the mini, I get a moca network error. I'm not using an encryption key, and can't figure out why it's not connecting.
The cable comes into the house and goes into a splitter, then to the modem and the T6. The Mini is connected right to the cable coming out of the wall upstairs.
Please help!
Thanks

RadViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #1505
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadViper View Post
I just posted a couple weeks back questioning the cable company and what they were telling my parents. The cable company is requiring the use of their moca capable modem. They also charge $10 a month to rent a Tivo Mini. So I bought a Tivo Mini for them on Amazon instead.
I'm having trouble getting the mini to connect to the moca network. Moca appears to be setup on the T6 downstairs, but when I go to set up the mini, I get a moca network error. I'm not using an encryption key, and can't figure out why it's not connecting.
The cable comes into the house and goes into a splitter, then to the modem and the T6. The Mini is connected right to the cable coming out of the wall upstairs.
Please help!
Thanks
If the cable co modem does use MoCA encryption to keep people from using their own Mini, your screwed, I know only one person on RCN that uses TiVo supplied by RCN and the Mini is also supplied by RCN, never tried to see if you could use your own as the Mini must be in the same account as the TiVo and I don't know how one could do that with an cable co.s TiVo.

Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #1506
RadViper

Moca encryption appears to be turned off on the settings of the T6. Unless they do something in the background to prevent it. Is there something else I can check?

RadViper is offline   Reply With Quote