TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #31
busyba
The Funcooker

There was a weird mixup in the SNL control room. Instead of the cold open, they just aired a feed from Fox News for a few minutes.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #32
Hank
AC•FTW

Yeah, there was a HuffPo article saying that SNL really didn't have to do much to parody the real FOX broadcast.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #33
holee
Uncertain

It wasn't the best episode, but I was amused by how well Eli Manning made fun of himself. I laughed when he said "Olive Garden" in the intro, and talking about the size of the banana in the later sketch.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #34
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by holee View Post
It wasn't the best episode, but I was amused by how well Eli Manning made fun of himself. I laughed when he said "Olive Garden" in the intro
Right before he said "Olive Garden", I paused it and turned to my GF and said "I bet he says 'Olive Garden'".

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #35
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
There was a weird mixup in the SNL control room. Instead of the cold open, they just aired a feed from Fox News for a few minutes.
Ok, some of these "corrections" are hilarious (the best part of this particular cold open):

There are currently no bills before the House that would require a woman to have a transvaginal ultrasound before buying sunglasses.

The Taliban is not producing a cereal called "Honey Bunches of Goats." (my personal favorite)

Kirk Cameron is not the voice of Siri.

Miss America is not third in the order of succession for the Presidency, nor is Miss Teen USA is fourth. (yeah, that grammar mistake was in there)

Airplanes do not fly by flapping their wings.

Patricia Heaton did not win a Nobel Prize for her work on "Everybody Loves Raymond."

Hail consists of frozen water; it is not "made of sins."

President Barack Obama does not plan to take the "forwarding" option away from email.

Disney World is not planning to add Rush Limbaugh to their Hall of Presidents.

No where in the Bible does it mention Garth Brooks or Chris Gaines.

Turtles do not have "tiny TVs and sofa beds" inside their shells.

Pete Rose did not receive a lifetime ban from the Hallmark Hall of Fame.

"National Treasure" is not a documentary even though it feels very real.

Wisconsin is an American state and not "just a bit."

Mormons breathe air.

Horses do not have "teeth so sharp you wouldn't believe it."

Children raised by same-sex couples are not statistically more likely to let the American flag touch the ground.

"Psych" is a popular detective show on the USA Network, not a super-secret NASA Mind Experiment.

It takes more than five to six months of medical school to become a surgeon.

Sour Patch Kids are a snack food and therefore physically incapable of pulling a knife on someone.

Congress has not declared a "War on Jeans Shorts."

It is unlikely that Fareed Zakaria is Willem Defoe in character.

Babies tend to like hugs.

It is not illegal to discard a Christmas tree.

John Wilkes Booth was not wearing a hooded sweatshirt when he shot President Lincoln, not were the Lincolns attending a staging of "The Vagina Monologues."

There is no federal program called "Cash for Bees."

You do not need a spaceship to get to China.

The Watergate is a hotel in Washington, D.C., not a portal to an undersea kingdom.

Yellow and blue make green, not "blellow."

The new World Trade Center does not transform into a karate robot.

Seeing-eye dogs are neither able nor allowed to drive.

It is likely that immigrants do not feed on the blood of our cattle at night while we are all sleeping.

Baseball is a land sport.

It is widely accepted that ears are used for hearing.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #36
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

LOL.

Do they really do that on the Fox morning show? The fact checker correction, that is.
YCantAngieRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #37
ElJay

I didn't like much of the show, but they had me in tears with "Disney World is not planning to add Rush Limbaugh to their Hall of Presidents."

Those scrolls certainly show off how terrible my local NBC affiliate is at allocating bits to their HD feed... Their sub channel featuring a weather loop that is playing in some empty Burger King is definitely a better use of bandwidth.
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #38
lynncosbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC
What did they need her in rehearsals for? I'm sure she knows her dance moves and lip synching by now.
Haha, absolutely true! Have to say I can't stand Rihanna and the reports of her being a diva don't surprise me at all but why does she even try to pretend she's not lip synching? I've never seen one single performance of hers where she's not lip synching and doing a bad job at it, I might add!
lynncosbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #39
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdwdm View Post
What do you think was the vest skit of the E. Manning SNL episode?
The best skip or the vest skit?

Eli's best acting was during the Occupy skit. The best thing on the show was the Amazon commerical, IMO.
Amnesia is online now   Reply With Quote