TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #331
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy50 View Post
Here's the thread. Note that, although there are plenty of recent posts, it's an old thread and some of the original info may not be current. I assume that you'll be particularly interested in the OP's para 2. (Select-Play-Select Codes) as well as para 10. (Shortcuts).

Happy reading!
Thanks; duly bookmarked!
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:49 AM   #332
JWhites

I've been doing a lot of thinking ( dangerous I know lol ) and I believe it would be nice if TiVo included more detailed system info of their DVR's, like the hard drive temps for both the internal and external hard drives. I know the My Book AV expander supports it via eSATA when connected to Motorola DVR's and PC's, so why not with TiVo?
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #333
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
I've been doing a lot of thinking ( dangerous I know lol ) and I believe it would be nice if TiVo included more detailed system info of their DVR's, like the hard drive temps for both the internal and external hard drives. I know the My Book AV expander supports it via eSATA when connected to Motorola DVR's and PC's, so why not with TiVo?
Cost.
Followed by usefulness, to TiVo.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #334
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
Cost.
Followed by usefulness, to TiVo.
Your argument would mean that half the information currently on the System Information screen wouldn't be useful to TiVo. The majority of the information there is for the customers benefit such as Recording Capacity/Free Space and MBT temperature. I could make a full list but that would take up a lot of time.
The enthusiasts and professional installers would find having the internal and external hard drive temps useful to troubleshoot problems (like the expander getting too hot in an enclosure), and as to cost, there isn't any because it can be put into a software update next quarterly rollout. It's not like it would require them to completely redesign the entire core structure of how a TiVo works, it's cosmetic. The drives already support it through S.M.A.R.T.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:25 AM   #335
Henry Guerrar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
Your argument would mean that half the information currently on the System Information screen wouldn't be useful to TiVo. The majority of the information there is for the customers benefit such as Recording Capacity/Free Space and MBT temperature. I could make a full list but that would take up a lot of time.
The enthusiasts and professional installers would find having the internal and external hard drive temps useful to troubleshoot problems (like the expander getting too hot in an enclosure), and as to cost, there isn't any because it can be put into a software update next quarterly rollout. It's not like it would require them to completely redesign the entire core structure of how a TiVo works, it's cosmetic. The drives already support it through S.M.A.R.T.

Henry Guerrar is offline   Reply With Quote