TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
gweempose

Unable to create Season Pass for American Horror Story: Coven

I can't create a Season Pass for this show because the TiVo thinks there are no upcoming episodes. I was able to go into the program guide and manually set a single episode recording for the pilot, but when I go to "upcoming", it doesn't list any future episodes. I tried rebooting my XL4, but it didn't fix the problem. I'm afraid I'm stumped on this one.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

I have an ARWL that picks it up every year no matter what the current season title is, because it just looks for new eps for American Horror Story. Recorded the first ep last night.

It is odd that nothing shows upcoming, maybe a guide data issue from the provider or some sort of corruption in your DB?
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
gweempose

Well, I seem to have fixed the problem, but I'm still totally confused about what went wrong. As an experiment, I went into the channel list and added the analog version of FX back into the guide. For some reason, this allowed the box to see the upcoming HD episodes. I set up a season pass, and then removed the analog channel from the guide. The "To Do" list now shows that the upcoming HD episode will be recorded next Wednesday. The show is also coming up when I search for it now, so it looks like my workaround was effective. Very strange.
(3) Minis

Old 10-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
ericwacker

I contacted TiVo support about this very same issue

I had tried all of the standard methods of troubleshooting (disconnecting and reconnecting to network, restarting, manually connecting to TiVo service to download fresher listings data, etc.) for this exact same issue. I ended up initiating a chat with TiVo Support about it, and the agent suggested I perform a "Clear and Delete of the program guide and To Do list." I wasn't prepared to do that while he waited, because he mentioned there was a chance it would wipe all of my season passes, so I first documented all of those, and then tried that later that night. It took about an hour to complete, but it DID resolve the problem (and did NOT clear my 33 season passes, thank goodness.) To do this, you navigate the menus as follows:

TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Help > Restart or Reset System > Clear and Delete Program guide and To Do List

Just thought I'd throw this out there, in case someone else is having the same problem and the weird workaround mentioned above doesn't solve it for you.
ericwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
hershey4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwacker View Post
.... and the agent suggested I perform a "Clear and Delete of the program guide and To Do list." I wasn't prepared to do that while he waited, because he mentioned there was a chance it would wipe all of my season passes, so I first documented all of those, and then tried that later that night.
I just went through the same thing and he told me the same risk. I think its a made-up risk. The C&DofProgramGuide clearly said it would NOT affect Season Passes. Sometimes these agents get a little too cautious. It seems to vary agent to agent...depends on the training I guess.

It didn't fix my problem, but I'm glad to know it can work for some cases.
hershey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
drweb
TiVo User & Lover

It was odd to do the season pass here on my Premiere XL, Cox San Diego, but here's what I think. Those "season names" cause trouble with indexing. I did a search for American Horror Story, and in the finding, it showed TWO exact names listed. The first one took you to repeats of old episodes. The second one showed no upcoming episodes, odd. So, I bailed and went to program grid by channels, and I knew which channel the show was on, and the time. Yep, it was listed, so I put that on record. Then, I went to MY SHOWS, and there, I went to more options for that record show listing, and it showed get a season pass as an option. I did that, and I'm set.

Best,
DrWeb
odd but how it works sometime... I don't care for those season names, like Survivor does too, can cause problems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

San Diego, CA
drweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwacker View Post

I had tried all of the standard methods of troubleshooting (disconnecting and reconnecting to network, restarting, manually connecting to TiVo service to download fresher listings data, etc.) for this exact same issue. I ended up initiating a chat with TiVo Support about it, and the agent suggested I perform a "Clear and Delete of the program guide and To Do list." I wasn't prepared to do that while he waited, because he mentioned there was a chance it would wipe all of my season passes, so I first documented all of those, and then tried that later that night. It took about an hour to complete, but it DID resolve the problem (and did NOT clear my 33 season passes, thank goodness.) To do this, you navigate the menus as follows:

TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Help > Restart or Reset System > Clear and Delete Program guide and To Do List

Just thought I'd throw this out there, in case someone else is having the same problem and the weird workaround mentioned above doesn't solve it for you.
Thanks for the information! I hadn't even thought about performing a "Clear Program Information & To Do List". I've had TiVos for years, and I've never once used this feature.

FYI, I highly recommend using KMTTG to back up your season passes. It's an awesome program, and it lets you easily backup, restore and even move season passes from one box to another. It's also a great way to offload shows to a computer or server.
(3) Minis

Old 10-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Had no problem setting up the SP on my XL4....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #9
gweempose

I ran into this problem again last night trying to set a season pass for Eastbound & Down. I performed a "Clear Program Information & To Do List", and it immediately solved the problem. Thanks again for the suggestion!
(3) Minis