Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #61
DaveMN
Curmudgeon, Skeptic

Well, I made it through season 2.

Spoiler:
The big reveal in the last episode was that the scanner picked-up a cavern with objects that might be man-made at the bottom of 10x. So basically the whole season could be summarized as "the scanner picked-up a cavern with objects that might be man-made at the bottom of 10x, but we won't know until we get down there."

DaveMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #62
JMikeD

[QUOTE=DaveMN;10373366]Well, I made it through season 2.

So did I. But I skipped all but the last episode and even then, I was working crossword puzzles all the way through it.

JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:28 PM   #63
cannonz

The last one wasn't too bad but the one before it they literally did nothing for an hour.

cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:48 AM   #64
cannonz

Now there is going to be one on the lost Dutchman mine.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:07 PM   #65
DaveMN
Curmudgeon, Skeptic

Apparently there's a Season 3 in store for us in "the fall of 2015". I know I'm going out on a limb here, but here's my prediction for the entirety of the upcoming season:

They'll find nothing, but in the season finale, they'll uncover a piece of wood that "might be the key to unlocking the mystery". We'll also continue to be bombarded ad nauseam with crackpot theories.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #66
Jim_TV

I'm a person who rarely bails on a show. I watched the first season of this but it just got to be way too drawn out for me to slog through the second season of them finding and learning nothing of importance.

Jim_TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:39 PM   #67
DaveMN
Curmudgeon, Skeptic

I was initially drawn to the backstory, but have given up on them actually finding something of significance. The reason I keep watching is the human factor. I'm fascinated how these guys can keep burning their life savings in an obviously futile pursuit. Maybe the money they get from the network offsets their costs.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:06 AM   #68
DaveMN
Curmudgeon, Skeptic

Season 3 starts November 10th:
http://www.history.com/shows/the-cur...and-new-season

"This is the year!" LOL

Old 10-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #69
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMN View Post
"This is the year!" LOL
Lol.

I don't know why I keep watching. Maybe it is just the enjoyment of seeing the different things they try. Or maybe how quickly they can get distracted and abandon what they are currently doing and put everything into the next idea.

Whatever it is, I'll be in for another season.

Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:35 PM   #70
Odds Bodkins
Doug's Dad

How I love this show. Even with the YEAAHHUUUGHHH overused sound effect at the end of that teaser.

Odds Bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:36 AM   #71
DaveMN
Curmudgeon, Skeptic

This show is a perfect match for TiVo. I just skip through all the crazy, incessant crackpot theories about the Knights Templar, etc. There's usually a solid 10 minutes of interesting material per hour (in a good episode).

Last edited by DaveMN; 10-30-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #72
cannonz

Maybe this season the wild hair guy from their constantly airing aliens are real show will be on, with alien bigfoots made the pit to power their ships theory, because "NO OTHER EXPLANATION MAKES SENSE"

Old 12-17-2015, 08:10 AM   #73
DaveMN
Curmudgeon, Skeptic

Just when you think they've touched on every crackpot theory, now they have a guy claiming that the treasure of the Aztec empire is buried on Oak Island. As noted in the post above, the only thing left is aliens.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:00 PM   #74
cannonz

Just watched the first Drilling Down follow up show (Columbus Day) talk about whacked out theory's.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #75
DaveMN
Curmudgeon, Skeptic

I've started my own Oak Island drinking game. Every time the narrator poses a rhetorical question that begins with something like "Could it be..." or "Is it possible...", I scream "NO!!!!" at the top of my lungs and take a drink.

The only thing that still holds my attention is the possibility they might actually find out what's in 10X or the Money Pit. Everything else is just padding, including the "Drilling Down" show. If they took all the moments of "real" substance from all 3 seasons, it MIGHT make for a one hour special. I've found this show is a great use of the new "Quick Mode" too.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #76
cannonz

I don't shout but during there many aliens are real shows (all the same including narrator just different names) Might bigfoot aliens have built the pyramids I say no that's insane. History channel one class act. On the Oak show they do say they find something in X10 this season on the Drilling show, I'm assuming will be at end of last show at last minute with the guys saying WHAT is that, OH my god, then narrator did they find the treasure blah blah blah tune in next season to find out.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:05 PM   #77
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMN View Post
I've started my own Oak Island drinking game. Every time the narrator poses a rhetorical question that begins with something like "Could it be..." or "Is it possible...", I scream "NO!!!!" at the top of my lungs and take a drink.
It has really gotten to the point of just being ridiculous.

Sample dialog:

Random expert of the week - John F Kennedy had a map of Oak Island on his desk when he was assassinated.

Narrator - John F Kennedy? The 35th President? Could he have been secretly planning an excavation of 10X? Is it possible he was assassinated to keep him from finding the treasure?

Old 01-25-2016, 11:01 AM   #78
boilerjt

Just wondering how many more seasons it will take to find out if anything is at the bottom of 10X.

boilerjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:58 PM   #79
cannonz

why did they put lab coats on to hear results of sword metal report?

Old 02-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #80
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonz View Post
why did they put lab coats on to hear results of sword metal report?
So stupid. I was embarrassed for my school.

"Before I show you this PowerPoint slide, you need to put on labcoats and eye protection"

Old 02-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #81
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
"Before I show you this PowerPoint slide, you need to put on labcoats and eye protection"
Well to be fair, that point could poke your eye out.

It was cool to see John Chatterton. Loved the 'Shadow Divers' book and his old Deep Sea Detectives show.

So after another season, they are no closer to solving the mystery of Oak Island than they were in the first episode. Eventually they have to give up, right? I mean once the TV money runs out.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:57 PM   #82
LifeIsABeach

In the last episode of the season they were visited by relatives of one of the three men who originally discovered the money pit. The relatives claim that the three men found three treasure chests and they each kept one. They also brought along a gold cross they claim came from one of the chests and has been passed down through the family. Of course everyone was fascinated by this, but no one bothered to ask how big the chests were, what else was found in the chests, or any other questions which would be of importance if the story were even remotely true.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:42 PM   #83
cannonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
In the last episode of the season they were visited by relatives of one of the three men who originally discovered the money pit. The relatives claim that the three men found three treasure chests and they each kept one. They also brought along a gold cross they claim came from one of the chests and has been passed down through the family. Of course everyone was fascinated by this, but no one bothered to ask how big the chests were, what else was found in the chests, or any other questions which would be of importance if the story were even remotely true.
Or the simple fact if they found it there is nothing to look for now.