TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #421
colorado14ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
Several people have had your experience; it has always turned out to be an account setup problem on Comcast's end.

Have you tried calling the national Comcast cablecard number? The folks there are much more aware of TiVo issues with Comcast than your normal Comcast tech. The phone number should be somewhere in this thread (and if you check TiVo's site for what to do with cablecard problems, they have a list of the national cablecard numbers for the major cable companies.)
Yeah, I have called the national cablecard number, multiple times. I saw that one individual was able to get it working, but that was almost a year ago, so wasn't sure if Comcast changed their policy since then, or if it's still not correct on my account. I've spent quite a few hours with Comcast, sending them links to forums with billing code fixes that have worked for others, but still haven't gotten it working yet. I submitted an email to one of their SVP's via their website (not sure this will do anything), but they have said they will respond within 3 business days (just sent it this morning). Since others have had success, I'm hopeful that I'll eventually be able to get this working.

I remember when I first ordered the Blast Plus service I was told that I couldn't have an HD DVR by multiple reps. Then, one rep told me that there was no problem having one with my service, and it worked for the last year or so. Seems to be highly dependent on who you get on the phone. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be getting in touch with the right individuals!
colorado14ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #422
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Just got this Comcast Chicago
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #423
drcos
HD where available

Live in SWFL on the Sarasota headend. Actually seems to work better on the TiVo than the SA box I had to put up with for week or so...
Old 04-17-2014, 07:52 AM   #424
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Supposedly live in the ATL now, does anyone see it on a Premiere? My Elite doesn't have it even after a reboot, tivo.com says it's available in my zip.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #425
alleybj

Got it on my Elite

not on Premier yet; works great on Elite
alleybj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:23 AM   #426
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Supposedly live in the ATL now, does anyone see it on a Premiere? My Elite doesn't have it even after a reboot, tivo.com says it's available in my zip.
yes, in two other threads:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...8#post10078128
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...5#post10077885

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #427
buscuitboy

In order to get this to show up on my Premieres, do I simply reboot the units? Or is there more involved?
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #428
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by buscuitboy View Post
In order to get this to show up on my Premieres, do I simply reboot the units? Or is there more involved?
given all account coding is correct at comcast, and your zip code is on the active list, it should just appear, no boot required.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 04-17-2014, 01:51 PM   #429
buscuitboy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
given all account coding is correct at comcast, and your zip code is on the active list, it should just appear, no boot required.

My zip is included, but if the "coding" is not correct, do I just call up Comcast or do I need to contact the cable card hotline (thinking the later). Seeing as Comcast reps can be spotty when it comes to TiVo knowledge, what should I ask for specifically?
Old 04-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #430
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
My zip is included, but if the "coding" is not correct, do I just call up Comcast or do I need to contact the cable card hotline (thinking the later). Seeing as Comcast reps can be spotty when it comes to TiVo knowledge, what should I ask for specifically?
i would check comcast.net first, then call tivo cc support, they can help you if need the comcast coding changed, and they'll stay with you to get it going.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #431
buscuitboy

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i would check comcast.net first, then call tivo cc support, they can help you if need the comcast coding changed, and they'll stay with you to get it going.

WOW, amazing. I got home earlier tonight and there it was on ALL my TiVO Premiere menus....Xfinity OnDemand

I selected it and scrolled through some shows to finally pick one. Played it and it played FLAWLESSLY. No problems at all. I didn't have to call Comcast or TiVo or ANYBODY else to get it going. No need for some sort of special "billing code" either. It just worked right out of the gate.

FREAKING AMAZING that something like this is fully working in my area. I waited years & never thought the day would come where I would get this feature, but I guess we did.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #432
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
WOW, amazing. I got home earlier tonight and there it was on ALL my TiVO Premiere menus....Xfinity OnDemand...
great!

Old 04-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #433
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Got it on my Premiere and Mini too, great job (finally) Comcast and Tivo.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:38 AM   #434
veekay

Well, I have been on the sign up to be notified list for years and just today I am checking and see that it is working - great job keeping us up to date...
veekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:30 AM   #435
shiffrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by veekay View Post
Well, I have been on the sign up to be notified list for years and just today I am checking and see that it is working - great job keeping us up to date...
It took about a week for me to receive the email that On Demand was now available. By that time I had already discovered it.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #436
billbillw

I just got the email that its available to me. Looking forward to checking it out tonight. Hopefully it works as well as some of the other ATL folks have said.
billbillw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #437
chetly

Boy you guys one state south of me are sooo lucky. Come up here to TN and the horror begins. As Biscuit has seen me type, Comcast in TN is absolutely clueless, so far as to say Tivo customers cannot and will NEVER get On Demand via TiVo. They even told me when I showed them the TiVo/Comcast partnership page about On Demand they said the page was hacked....lol.

The education on this subject with support is horrible. Even executive level personnel say its not available anywhere in the US yet.

I can browse all the menus for Xfinity on my TiVo but video/audio freezes in 5 seconds. Nobody can solve it. Billing...Nat'l Repair...nobody.

With the 20 hours so far dealing with this and Comcast, I will be sure to post my fix at least, for Middle TN, if and when I get it. For now, the big dunce cap covering Comcasts' face here in Nashville just gets bigger and bigger.
chetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #438
dmk1974
DA BEARS!!!

Well, it was working for me for a few weeks, but now the past 2 days, all I get on each of my boxes (whether Premiere 4 or Mini) is:

Service Error
Unable to process request. Please call customer service.
The locale code is (tivocardio-ch2-a2p.comcast.com).

TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (318 hr)
TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (77 hr)
TiVo Mini w/Lifetime (x4)
TiVo Stream
dmk1974 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:06 PM   #439
rodlebod

I just got on-demand today. Why does my menu item say vod-cmcsartl_1180-title and vod-cmcsartl_1180-description? It will not let me select it. I use the standard menu.
rodlebod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #440
drebbe
Carbon Blob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk1974 View Post
Well, it was working for me for a few weeks, but now the past 2 days, all I get on each of my boxes (whether Premiere 4 or Mini) is:

Service Error
Unable to process request. Please call customer service.
The locale code is (tivocardio-ch2-a2p.comcast.com).
There is a thread over in the Roamio forums with several of us in the NW Chicago suburbs (e.g., Buffalo Grove and Northbrook) reporting the same problem. It appears that Comcast understands they have a problem on their end but have not been able to figure it out yet.
drebbe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:16 AM   #441
billbillw

Well, the Xfinity OnDemand didn't work for me last night on one of my boxes. I suspect the cable cards have to be completely paired for this to work. I have moved my cards around a bit as I've swapped/upgraded Tivo boxes and haven't re-paired all of them since the programming still worked. I've been afraid to call Comcast because of horror stories of them screwing up my billing or other pairings. I was able to browse the list and there really wasn't much that I wanted to view anyway, so I'll just forget about it.
billbillw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #442
rodlebod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodlebod View Post
I just got on-demand today. Why does my menu item say vod-cmcsartl_1180-title and vod-cmcsartl_1180-description? It will not let me select it. I use the standard menu.
I can get On Demand on HD menus but not SD menus.
rodlebod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #443
zabolots

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodlebod View Post
I can get On Demand on HD menus but not SD menus.
Yeah, I can't get it to work in SD menus either, which stinks because the performance of HD menus on my Premiere is terrible.
zabolots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #444
lpwcomp

Watching episode 6 of the US "Those Who Kill" via Xfinity OD and discovered something annoying. It is displayed in "Window Box" format and the TiVo "Zoom" button is non-functional. The only way I con get it to display properly is to set the TiVo to "Zoom" before I enter VOD.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #445
jrtroo
User

Netflix works the same way.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #446
u1drwhy

Hey y'all: search the forums for my post: Xfinity On Demand: GSM-11 and CL-14 Service Errors, see if this answers your question.
u1drwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #447
Scottie99

I have been reading through but not sure of the best course of action for my exact problem.

I have the xfinity on demand menu - I can open and browse it fine. When I go to play a show it flips for a brief second to live TV than I get the grey cable card screen.

I have done a few calls to comcast to refresh my card and to run it through set up process again. Everytime the exact same thing.
Scottie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #448
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie99 View Post
I have been reading through but not sure of the best course of action for my exact problem.

I have the xfinity on demand menu - I can open and browse it fine. When I go to play a show it flips for a brief second to live TV than I get the grey cable card screen.

I have done a few calls to comcast to refresh my card and to run it through set up process again. Everytime the exact same thing.
Sounds like it isn't properly paired.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #449
rondotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetly View Post
Boy you guys one state south of me are sooo lucky. Come up here to TN and the horror begins.
With the 20 hours so far dealing with this and Comcast, I will be sure to post my fix at least, for Middle TN, if and when I get it. For now, the big dunce cap covering Comcasts' face here in Nashville just gets bigger and bigger.
With everybody talking about well it works, I thought it was just me. I get the feeling Comcast CSRs are laid off shoe salesmen. Nobody seems to know anything. I wish somebody at a Comcast office where OD works would post a step by step on how to get it done. As it stands right now, it will never work here (because the majority of the CSRs I get, deny its availability.)
rondotcom is offline   Reply With Quote