Old 02-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #31
VegasVic
Craps Player

Poor guy
Old 02-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #32
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
But I don't think he's a TV moron villain. He's a moron who's watched too much TV.

(One thing I've always loved about Elmore Leonard is his appreciation of the full range of human idiocy. His morons aren't all alike...each is stupid in his or her own special way. And this show carries over some of that ethos.)
I for one welcome his insight into our diversity
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #33
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Perhaps there will be some big twist or "reveal" regarding Mr. Thompson but we're already 7 episodes into the season. Boyd has become uninteresting too. Wynn Duffy comes and goes. The season just seems very disjointed.
I thought Boyd was VERY interesting this episode, in his "rescue" of Ava and his meeting with the powers that be. Unlike the majority here I found his "preach off" vs the now snake bit preacher to be a somewhat hackneyed replay of past Boydisms.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #34
VegasVic
Craps Player

As long as the Crowders have been in business and as long as Boyd has been a criminal the fact that he seemed completely unaware of who those guys were seemed a bit odd. He seemed blindsided. Didn't seem real to me, IMHO.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #35
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
I am wondering if Arlo = Drew Thompson
Not even close. They would have to retcon Raylan's history to make him much younger than he is, and it doesn't fit with the already presented canon of the looong Crowder/Givens family histories in the county and that Thompson is hiding in plain sight with the county's high-society.

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Yeah, but that name is ridiculous. Like something out of an Elmore Leonard novel.
Yeah. Like Linda Moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbeliever View Post
This episode was an excuse for Raylan to shoot someone.
"Just like last time. You're not gonna shoot meh"

Tom Walker is getting around.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #37
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Tom Walker is getting around.
Thanks for that!

It was driving me nuts last night when we watched. I managed to get to sleep, and forgot about it this morning.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #38
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobino View Post
My interpretation when watching this episode was that Raylan actually didn't want to "get lucky". It was almost as if he was just going through the motions because it is what everyone expects of him.
Quote:
He just succumbed to the inevitable.
I don't believe we are meant to automatically conclude that they did it. You can read more about this in Graham Yost's episode Q&A that I linked to upthread, or just unspoil this (does not contain actual spoilers, unless you consider Yost's interpretation of the scene a spoiler):

Spoiler:

Q: In the end, when Raylan told Art that Jackie wasn’t interested in him as she was disrobing to shower, was he just being self-deprecating for Art’s sake or did he believe that she’d just been flirting to distract him so he wouldn’t realize she’d stolen the money that Jody and Kenneth had tried to collect?

A: We just honestly want the audience to be wondering and have a question. We filmed stuff of Raylan getting in the shower with her.

Q: You did?

A: We did. And maybe it will end up on the DVD extras. When it came to it, we just sorta thought it’s cooler for our hero to get the win by shooting the bad guy but not necessarily get the girl. Let’s just have him weary at the edge of the bed and having to go off and see his father. That was the choice we made.

Q: So to be clear: He did not get in the shower with her offscreen.

A: Well, did he?

Q: No!

A: That’s up to you. That’s your choice. That’s a fair choice.

cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #39
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Soze View Post
Thanks for that!

It was driving me nuts last night when we watched. I managed to get to sleep, and forgot about it this morning.
He's also on The Newsroom.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #40
Flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
I don't believe we are meant to automatically conclude that they did it. You can read more about this in Graham Yost's episode Q&A that I linked to upthread, or just unspoil this (does not contain actual spoilers, unless you consider Yost's interpretation of the scene a spoiler):

Spoiler:

Q: In the end, when Raylan told Art that Jackie wasn’t interested in him as she was disrobing to shower, was he just being self-deprecating for Art’s sake or did he believe that she’d just been flirting to distract him so he wouldn’t realize she’d stolen the money that Jody and Kenneth had tried to collect?

A: We just honestly want the audience to be wondering and have a question. We filmed stuff of Raylan getting in the shower with her.

Q: You did?

A: We did. And maybe it will end up on the DVD extras. When it came to it, we just sorta thought it’s cooler for our hero to get the win by shooting the bad guy but not necessarily get the girl. Let’s just have him weary at the edge of the bed and having to go off and see his father. That was the choice we made.

Spoiler:
Quote:

Well then, get out of the way Raylan. Ima hopping in that shower!

Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #41
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
... Olyphant doesn't look 44 either IMO....
He looks older than that to me....

Oh, and I agree that this season has been a bit of a disappointment. It's no longer on my "must watch right away" list. But even a less than superlative "Justified" is better than 95 percent of the crap out there today....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #42
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Agreed, season 4 has been a letdown. Every season "good" villains have been killed but they come back with more good ones. Now for some reason they decided to go a different route with a "mystery". But it's become uninteresting and plodding. They might have just done 12 stand alone episodes with a different baddie each week.

Hopefully it gets back on track next season.
Disagree. Each season has its own flavor. Baddies come and go, as do plot lines, but all in all, this is still one of the best written (and acted) shows on TV. Wife & I are really enjoying this year.

Quote:
As long as the Crowders have been in business and as long as Boyd has been a criminal the fact that he seemed completely unaware of who those guys were seemed a bit odd. He seemed blindsided. Didn't seem real to me, IMHO.
Do agree with this. I found it strange that he had no idea who these men were. Boyd's too aware for that.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #43
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Do agree with this. I found it strange that he had no idea who these men were. Boyd's too aware for that.
I think those scenes might be consistent with Boyd playing dumb, and being a little surprised that they knew who he was...