TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #31
pmyers

"Nice Guy" Dan, would have been evicted weeks ago....
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #32
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Agreed, and hope's he wins it all.
brianric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #33
Jstkiddn

Quote:
True. He was 100% on his way out the door before his funeral speech. He's done what he's had to do in order to survive in there. That may not pay off as he's made a lot of people angry in the process, but he had 0% chance to win it if he's not standing up there in the final two. At least now, he still has a chance.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #34
Alfer
WOOSAH!

At this point I'd be happy to see Dan win again and Ian getting $25K.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #35
Jstkiddn

I'm almost afraid for Ian to win. I think he would possibly pass out on the stage.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #36
hefe
Rebus Philbin

I think Dan is outsmarting himself now. He tells Danielle that he's working for her to win, but I think he may be painting himself into a corner with the jury, and really ensuring that outcome.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #37
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

Dan's wife must be horrified by how well he lies to people's faces.
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #38
Alfer
WOOSAH!

It's a game of survival and he is playing pretty much perfectly.

Do whatever it takes. Seems a lot of contestants don't understand that AT ALL.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #39
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
It's a game of survival and he is playing pretty much perfectly.

Do whatever it takes. Seems a lot of contestants don't understand that AT ALL.
It's also a game of getting the jury to vote for you. You've got a line to walk.

I think Dan lost sight of that line. Maybe it was out of necessity at times, but it may turn out that he's gone overboard. What the jury says will determine whether he played perfectly or not...

Old 09-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #40
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe View Post
It's also a game of getting the jury to vote for you. You've got a line to walk.

I think Dan lost sight of that line. Maybe it was out of necessity at times, but it may turn out that he's gone overboard. What the jury says will determine whether he played perfectly or not...
I think the key here is that he did what he felt he had to do at times (to stay in the house). If it comes down to staying in the game or sitting in the jury house then at least he's giving himself a chance to win.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #41
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebberwocky! View Post
I think the key here is that he did what he felt he had to do at times (to stay in the house). If it comes down to staying in the game or sitting in the jury house then at least he's giving himself a chance to win.
Right.

Like he said - he's in blood up to his elbows...but if he doesn't evict Shane, he has 0% chance of winning....now he at least has ??% chance...which is better than 0
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #42
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Right.

Like he said - he's in blood up to his elbows...but if he doesn't evict Shane, he has 0% chance of winning....now he at least has ??% chance...which is better than 0
If he doesn't evict Shane, his chance does not go to 0%. That's silly. There's still another HOH after that point.

I'm just saying it's a risk and that it may wind up biting him. Maybe now after backstabbing Shane, he truly does have a 0% chance of winning with this jury.

I'm just not sure this increased his chances of winning enough that he will actually win. But it can be hard to read who will vote emotionally, and who won't. I can see Brit voting Dan, maybe Ian if he gets in there. Other than that, I'm not sure. Then again, Dan may have a better read on the jury than I have.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #43
Jstkiddn

As the saying goes...you can't win it if you're not in it.

I predict he will go hard and heavy on the "respect the game" and "nothing personal" in his jury speech, should he make it that far.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #44
nyny523
Oy

Dan SHOULD win.

But he won't.

He can't beat either of the other two head to head.

Not gonna happen.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #45
Jstkiddn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Dan SHOULD win.

But he won't.

He can't beat either of the other two head to head.

Not gonna happen.
Agreed.

I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell. With as many people as he's backstabbed and ESPECIALLY since he's already won once before. They are not going to give him that money. No way.

But, I would love to be proven wrong.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #46
cherry ghost

IMO, Dan's best chance to win would have been against Shane. I think Ian can beat Danielle.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #47
pmyers

I think he has a lot better chance of beating Dani than he does Ian. At least Ian can say he made some moves...Dani has done nothing.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #48
Dnamertz

Quote:

The thing about that line is, it's a blurry line and it's different for each member of the jury. Dan could have stopped playing ruthlessly a few weeks ago and either be in the jury house by now, or not have played strategically enough in the eyes of some jury members to deserve their votes.

Dan's two big lies were evicting Frank (which had to be done or Frank would win it all...plus Frank is giulty of backstabbing also) and evicting evicting Shane (which had to be done because Shane and Danielle in the final three would have taken each other).
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #49
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
If he doesn't evict Shane, his chance does not go to 0%. That's silly. There's still another HOH after that point.

I'm just saying it's a risk and that it may wind up biting him. Maybe now after backstabbing Shane, he truly does have a 0% chance of winning with this jury.

I'm just not sure this increased his chances of winning enough that he will actually win. But it can be hard to read who will vote emotionally, and who won't. I can see Brit voting Dan, maybe Ian if he gets in there. Other than that, I'm not sure. Then again, Dan may have a better read on the jury than I have.
Of course it's silly - because I forgot to write the part "if he doesn't win HoH".
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #50
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
The thing about that line is, it's a blurry line and it's different for each member of the jury. Dan could have stopped playing ruthlessly a few weeks ago and either be in the jury house by now, or not have played strategically enough in the eyes of some jury members to deserve their votes.

Dan's two big lies were evicting Frank (which had to be done or Frank would win it all...plus Frank is giulty of backstabbing also) and evicting evicting Shane (which had to be done because Shane and Danielle in the final three would have taken each other).
It's certainly not an exact science. I don't know how the jury will treat him, I can only surmise. There were certainly some times where he had to do something drastic to stay in the house. Was this last time one of them...? I don't know. He wasn't sitting on the block. The jury might see that as a gratuitous backstab. It's a calculated risk. I don't know that I think his odds are any better after backstabbing Shane and once again betraying Danielle's trust, compared to showing some small bit of loyalty and taking his chances with Danielle and Shane in the final three. Neither way is a sure thing.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #51
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

I always laugh to myself at the start of each new season when people come into the BB threads to proclaim that the new season sucks, the people are boring, etc. Man, they missed out on the best season ever!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #52
loubob57
Running Fool

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
I always laugh to myself at the start of each new season when people come into the BB threads to proclaim that the new season sucks, the people are boring, etc. Man, they missed out on the best season ever!
The thing is that it only takes one person doing really interesting things to keep it interesting. But if you don't have that person or they get voted out early it can get boring. You never know season to season what it will be. This one has been really good after a rocky start.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #53
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

The way Danielle was acting on the clip show, and her comment that maybe it is Dan's turn to get blindsided, make me think that neither her not Ian will take Dan to the finals. She is done with him after all his lies.

If Ian is in a position to choose between Dan and Danielle, he would have to think logically and take Danielle. Dan won't have much time to do his mental manipulations after the final stage of the contest is over.

It has been a great season. Was disappointed at first that Dr. Will wasn't one of the returning players, but all of the four that were picked were entertaining to watch.
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #54
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
+100
Old 09-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #55
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
The way Danielle was acting on the clip show, and her comment that maybe it is Dan's turn to get blindsided, make me think that neither her not Ian will take Dan to the finals. She is done with him after all his lies.

If Ian is in a position to choose between Dan and Danielle, he would have to think logically and take Danielle. Dan won't have much time to do his mental manipulations after the final stage of the contest is over.

It has been a great season. Was disappointed at first that Dr. Will wasn't one of the returning players, but all of the four that were picked were entertaining to watch.
I think it would have been an interesting dynamic, Dr. Will vs. Dan. To me, Boogie proved he wasn't the player that Dr. Will was, as he didn't have the social game. But Danielle COULD be to Dan what Boogie was to Dr. Will. It could be that Dan might realize that he can't win and will push for Danielle to win (especially if he's not in the final 2).

These jury games go back and forth (Survivor/Big Brother). At first, players took everything personally and always voted for the most likable (or best player in the case of 2 unlikables). I think that changed in Big Brother the season that Allison and Jun (I think that was her name) both floated and backstabbed their way to the finals. Juries began looking at the game to see who played the "best game" and for awhile the real best player won. But the last few seasons on both these games, it seems that the most likable players have been winning (more so on Survivor than on BB). So the social game has begun to trump the ruthless player. I think Dan has two strikes against him and this is why he won't win. One, he's back stabbed most of the key players this season. And two, he's already won once. I think he's got NO shot against Danielle, even though I think he SHOULD beat her. She just has too many friends on the jury. He's got a reasonable shot against Ian, because Ian played a similar game and back stabbed Frank who has a lot of sway over the jury (it seems). But even there, I think he MIGHT lose Brit's vote, and that will hurt him. As for Ian and Danielle, Ian deserves to win, but it will depend on what I said, if "nice" trumps" game play.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #56
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
I think he has a lot better chance of beating Dani than he does Ian. At least Ian can say he made some moves...Dani has done nothing.

but had a LOT done to her. knowing how sensitive she is is what makes me not like dan...after 1st diss of her he 100% couldnt use the excuse that he didnt know how she would react..he gets one freebee. that was it...anything else and he's pure evil..like dick and dr will

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #57
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
but had a LOT done to her. knowing how sensitive she is is what makes me not like dan...after 1st diss of her he 100% couldnt use the excuse that he didnt know how she would react..he gets one freebee. that was it...anything else and he's pure evil..like dick and dr will
And Dick and Dr Will both won.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #58
newsposter
Poster of News

now that i think about it, if they are pure evil, what do we call the willie for getting kicked out. pure jerk i guess

the men all need estrogen shots to calm them down before they go in

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #59
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

To me there's a difference between the evil of Dick and the evil of Dr. Will and Dan. I think Dick was just mean and obnoxious where Dan and Dr. Will are evil with a twinkle in their eye. The game Will and Dan played (the first time around anyway), was the perfect way to play it.....stab people in the back and they don't even realize they were being played. I think Dan, this time around played more of a Dick game than Dr. Will....but....Dick would yell and scream and carry on and try and scare people. Dan, STILL tried to be nice and mend fences, while stabbing people in the back. But Dan has a bigger problem this time around. One, he already won the game once, meaning it's less likely that they will give him the win again, after stabbing them in the back, and two, Danielle and even Ian are even more likable than Dan was this time around. The only thing Dan has going for him is he can claim he was the mastermind of everything that happened, which was mostly true...but that just might not be enough.