TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #31
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Maher used to be pretty funny. In recent years he's become more pompous and has begun to consider himself a bit of an analyst meant to be taken seriously.

He's not that clever, just good at slinging one-liners. His cheerleader audience praises him for sneezing.

I liked him on ABC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #32
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Aren't we ALL like that? Everyone looks for arguments that support their beliefs. It's called human nature.
Sometimes it works the opposite way. At least for me. If I hear someone arguing for things I believe in, many times the way they are arguing and the vitriol and/or "logic" they use are terrible and I often find myself seeing the validity of what the "other side" says.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #33
MegaHertz67
Registered Smart Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
Maher used to be pretty funny. In recent years he's become more pompous and has begun to consider himself a bit of an analyst meant to be taken seriously.

He's not that clever, just good at slinging one-liners. His cheerleader audience praises him for sneezing.

I liked him on ABC.
I completely agree. He is the worst kind of pompous when he goes off on rants about food and animal rights issues. He is a complete shill for the PETA brand even though the animal rights wackos have just as strong, and just as inconsistent a belief system as any religion he criticizes.

Remember...whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
MegaHertz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #34
sharkster

Good episode. I think this might be my first Sorkin show, as I never watched any of the other, earlier referenced shows (for whatever reason - I have no idea).

So - do you want to play golf, or do you want to f**k around?
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote