TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
sharkster

Probably a dumb question - Re: Exchanging TV

Quick synopsis of scenario - I am replacing my living room TV - just going from one LCD TV to a new one, so no major technology switcharoo.

All that is going on, on the back of the TV, is one HDMI plugged in from Tivo to TV (I believe the tuning adapter is plugged in to the Tivo) and another HDMI plugged into TV from Sony DVD player.

The Question is - When I replace the TV in a couple of days do I need to do anything other than unplugging those two HDMI and putting them in new TV (as well as plugging in electrical cord)?

The part where I don't have a comfort level is about the pairing of the Tuning Adapter and CableCARD. Are those paired JUST to the Tivo, or to the television also? So, if the pairings involve the TV too, would there be something else I need to do beside just plug stuff in and crank it up?

Thanks for listening.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
Jonathan_S

They're both tied to the TiVo, not to the TV. You shouldn't have any problem just plugging the HDMI cables into the new TV.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
sharkster

Thank You so much, Jonathan, for the peace of mind. That's what my mind told me, logically, but we all know that electronics are seldom logical.

I was concerned about the TA and CC because working with those is a little bit beyond my pay scale, so to speak, so I was hoping to avoid having to deal with those.

Now I REALLY can't wait until my new TV arrives tomorrow.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote