TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
keirgrey
Frank-N-Genius

Independence Day Parade in Washington, DC

Does anyone know if this is being televised nationally? My daughter is marching in it, her school is representing NJ. If not, are there any kind folks in the DC area who could record it for me and send it to me? I'll pay for shipping and media.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Latest 6/20/2014
keirgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Try wishlist holidays
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirgrey View Post
Does anyone know if this is being televised nationally? My daughter is marching in it, her school is representing NJ. If not, are there any kind folks in the DC area who could record it for me and send it to me? I'll pay for shipping and media.
I took a look and I can't even find it being televised locally.

None of the local channels are listing it, not even the PBS station (WETA) which does cover the downtown evening concert and fireworks. (They're seem to be running reruns of the last couple of years' fireworks during the parade time)
Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

There is a website for the parade; you can try asking somebody there. However, a parade does not sound like something that normally draws TV coverage, unless it's either a national thing (e.g. Macy's Thanksgiving Day; Tournament of Roses) or a special event (e.g. Super Bowl parade).

Note that the PBS coverage of the concert (and about five minutes' worth of the fireworks, IIRC) is a national broadcast ("A Capitol Fourth").
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I wonder if it might make News Channel 8? They covered the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade. I don't see it in the guide right now, but it's early yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #6
keirgrey
Frank-N-Genius

Thank you, guys. I'm also going to check with the Band Parent organization that she's going with.

- Latest 6/20/2014
keirgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
Jonathan_S

Forgot to post back here after the 4th.
I hope someone with the Band Parent organization was able to record it for you.

Just in case I'd set up a recording for the parade time on PBS and on the local channel 8 wmcbrine mentioned. Unfortuantely neither covered the parade.
(Well in their 7 hours block of midday coverage channel 8 ran a 30-second clip about people getting ready to see the parade and another about how EMTs were set up for the parade and the evening's firewords in case of health problems from the heat. But no video of the parade itself).