Forum Jump

Old 07-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #31
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Is this stealing?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #32
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Not unless somebody is selling official ones.
And no one is.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #33
JohnB1000

Wow that was pretty bad.

What do you expect the band to say. "Hey we're touring with Adam Lambert, we really don't think he's doing that great a job but come out and buy tickets"

I liked It's a Kind of Magic, Roger did a great job on the songs he sung. I liked that guy they showed on the video screen.

Quote:
The only living person with the with enough vocal ability and balls to take on those songs and all the baggage they carry and pull it off so well
Good one.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #34
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Sorry, Queen without Freddie Mercury just isn't Queen. They should just end the band and let the rest of the band go off and do their own thing. Some bands can get away with replacing key members others can't.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #35
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Sorry, Queen without Freddie Mercury just isn't Queen. They should just end the band and let the rest of the band go off and do their own thing. Some bands can get away with replacing key members others can't.
That's how I feel, freddie was one of a kind, you can't replace him.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #36
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
That's how I feel, freddie was one of a kind, you can't replace him.
No one is attempting to replace Freddie- that is the furthest thing from anyone's mind.
And you are saying that Roger and Brian should just go away and never ever enjoy playing together and performing the songs that they wrote ever again?
That's absurd.

Who are you to tell them how to conduct their lives?
They are closer to the situation than anyone and it is 100% their right to continue to perform if that is what they want to do.
I don't get the attitude that they have to stop their lives in order to honor the memory of Freddie here 20+ years after the fact. What better honor than playing their music and bringing it to a whole new generation of younger people?
Old 07-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #37
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
No one is attempting to replace Freddie- that is the furthest thing from anyone's mind.
And you are saying that Roger and Brian should just go away and never ever enjoy playing together and performing the songs that they wrote ever again?
That's absurd.

They are closer to the situation than anyone and it is 100% their right to continue to perform if that is what they want to do.
I don't get the attitude that they have to stop their lives in order to honor the memory of Freddie here 20+ years after the fact. What better honor than playing their music and bringing it to a whole new generation of younger people?
When did I tell them they couldn't perform? They can perform all they want, I just won't go see them. Especially with that wanna be Lambert.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #38
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
That's absurd.

I've never TOLD them how to conduct their lives. I was just giving my opinion and I wouldn't pay to see them without Freddie. My opinion, Queen died when Freddie did. There's no reason they couldn't perform together, but with a different band name.

Led Zep was in a similar situation when John Bonham died. Robert Plant said that Zep was over at that point because it wouldn't be Zep without Bonham. That's how I think of Queen.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #39
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:

Led Zep was in a similar situation when John Bonham died. Robert Plant said that Zep was over at that point because it wouldn't be Zep without Bonham. That's how I think of Queen.
My point is only that obviously that is not how they think of themselves and theirs is the only opinion that counts.