TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #31
mattack

Actually 60 minutes HAS run almost complete repeats, but unfortunately they usually call it something else in those cases, and have a new wraparound at the very beginning.. They did a "very special ladies" one within the past year or so, which was just rerun episodes.

So technically, no I don't think they do COMPLETE reruns. But, as I've described before, listen to the intro and if they say "As we first told you last March" or something like that, you can skip it, except VERY rarely they put on a tiny bit more explanation at the very END of the story (followup).

Worse examples though:
(*) "48 Hours Mystery" seems to rerun A LOT, but it virtually if not 100% always has a new original air date, when they HAVEN'T updated it. (There *have* been some updated versions of shows too.)
(*) "What would You Do?" seems to never mark their reruns as full reruns.. ONCE in a while when they do a "2 new and one rerun" segment, then that one segment will have an "Originally aired X/Y/Z" overlay.. But they rerun complete episodes, yet don't make it clear when they're reruns.

Both of them, I've watched part of an episode only to realize I've seen it. (I have since kept track of 48 hours mystery.. and *think* I tend to remember if I've seen the latter.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #32
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Does 60 Minutes ever have repeats? All I've ever been aware of is that they repeat segments (stories) they have done before, but within the framework of what could be considered a 'new' show - i.e. the show isn't repeated in it's entirety, but some segments within the show might be repeats.

Do they ever run true repeats?
For all practical purposes, yes. They may have a 30 second followup to a repeated segment. It's an annoyance as I have to pad anything on CBS by one hour on Sundays due to CBFS Sports.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #33
rjom

I had this problem on both of my TIVO's when Comcast made a change to their channel lineup. Even though everything was on the same channel with the same name, I had to delete the season passes and make new ones for every show. All of a sudden, without warning, nothing would record after November 11. I thought all the shows were on rerun period and that is why I was missing them.
There was never a notice from Comcast that they changed something, but it screwed me up entirely.
rjom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #34
rrrobinsonjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjom View Post
I had this problem on both of my TIVO's when Comcast made a change to their channel lineup. Even though everything was on the same channel with the same name, I had to delete the season passes and make new ones for every show. All of a sudden, without warning, nothing would record after November 11. I thought all the shows were on rerun period and that is why I was missing them.
There was never a notice from Comcast that they changed something, but it screwed me up entirely.
What a nightmare. How many season passes are we talking?
rrrobinsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote