TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Smokeball

Exclamation Premiere Elite First Aired Error

Just received my Premiere Elite one week ago and immediately started setting up Season Passes for my most favorite shows. My Season Pass Settings are for First Run Only, now labeled "New Only" on this latest model TIVO. After setting up 20 or so Season Passes I took a look in the "To Do List" and was amazed to see absolutely nothing. Not one show was scheduled to record.

I called TS and they had me do the usual restart, force a guide data update, and finally do a complete new guided setup. All of these measures failed to fix the problem.

The only way to get anything to show up in the To Do List was to change my Season Pass selection of "New Only" to "New & Re-Runs".

I finally discovered the cause of the error. The guide information had all "New" shows listed as having First Aired the previous day! This First Aired information is always at the end of the guide info in grey text as opposed the program description which is in white text. Even though the guide info labeled the shows as "NEW", this additional information, "First Aired" on the previous date, caused the Season Pass Recordings with "New Only" setting to be passed over.

Has anyone with a new Tivo Premiere Elite had this same problem or is it a problem with just my unit?

Additional information: I have a Tivo Series 3 setup right next to my new Tivo Elite and the guide information on the Series 3 does not have the same guide information error. The Series 3 records all Season Passes with the "First Run Only" setting just fine. So the problem is not from my local cable company and is inherent only in my new Tivo Premiere Elite.
Smokeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

All Premiere models, not just the Elite/XL4, currently list the First Aired date as one day prior with the current software, ver. 20.2, It is a Bug. But does not prevent recording of New Only on my Premieres. Your situation seems odd, perhaps another bug in 20.2.0a or just the Elites? All my Season Passes do record using New Only. With the exception of shows that first aired in the UK or Canada on BBCA and SYFY at an earlier date.

See: The 20.2 changelog & buglist thread
3.2.1.8 Programs marked as "new" show their first aired date as 1 day before the actual date the program is airing. Also, the "new" labels will sometimes disappear when switching to/from grid style to/from live style.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=481338

3.2.4.3 The first aired date for the program displayed on the banner is 1 day before the actual aired date.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...03#post8951103

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 05-02-2012 at 08:16 AM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Smokeball

Thanks for the reply, CoxInPHX.

Before posting the thread I did a pretty thorough search for any discussions on this error but was not able to find anything. That said I still must say I'm sorry if I have created a redundant thread.

Been a member of this forum for over 10 years but as you can see from my post count I'm not that active. I usually just get telephone support when I run into a problem ... my bad?

I am disappointed that the Season Pass Options still do not include a customer option to create their own "default" settings. I thought by now this lacking would have been resolved.

Concerning, the "First Aired" problem: It is a PIA deleting all the re-runs.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Other than the First Aired date, how has your Elite performed? any of the other Elite complaints of loosing channels/signal and rebooting, excessive Uncorrected Errors?

Please fill out my Elite set-up survey.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=485328

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Smokeball

So far everything else seems to be working OK. I haven't notice any shows being skipped ... I am just starting to watch shows recorded in the last week of April.

I will fill out your "setup survey".

One thing I definitely noticed is the picture quality. The new Tivo Elite has a beautiful picture on my Pioneer Elite 50" HDTV. I'm sure the video card in the new unit is far superior to the card in the older Series 3 which would certainly explain the improvement.