TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
drweb
TiVo User & Lover

Weather Channel - Download - Repeats?

Western Regional forecast or show is repeating since Thursday.. not sure why it isn't showing the *new* information.. any suggestions on how to fix?

Best,
DrWeb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

San Diego, CA
drweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by drweb View Post
Western Regional forecast or show is repeating since Thursday.. not sure why it isn't showing the *new* information.. any suggestions on how to fix?

Best,
DrWeb
I hope you get a satisfactory answer. The Southern regional has been repeating the same forecast for months.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
drweb
TiVo User & Lover

Arrow Why not Weather Outlooks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I hope you get a satisfactory answer. The Southern regional has been repeating the same forecast for months.
Thanks. Is this a $$ dispute, or something? If it doesn't work, they should remove it. I don't see much change in the list of VIDEO downloads, perhaps they should update/fix that.

I miss having the Weather Outlook downloads. I also just wrote to the Weather Channel about it.

Best,
DrWeb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

San Diego, CA
Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
drweb
TiVo User & Lover

TiVo Customer Support

Sep 28 (3 days ago)

to me

Recently you requested assistance from our online TiVo Support center. We have addressed your issue and believe that we have answered your question. Below you will find a summary of your original question and our response.

If your issue or question has not been resolved, click on the link below to update your request.

Note: Replying to this email will not update your ticket.

To access your question from our support site, click here.

Subject
You failed again..

Discussion Thread
Response (Janee) 09/28/2012 06:37 PM
Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I apologize for the troubles you've had with your Podcasts. I would be more than happy to help you with this!

Sometimes, our web video partners do not make new content available to us. This may occur because of a production hiatus, or when a series has ceases production of new content for a series or channel. Unfortunately we cannot force these providers to update their content.To view past shows or podcasts of a particular channel, select Download past programs and choose the shows you would like to receive.

Please contact us again if you have any questions or concerns and we would be happy to help you. Thank you for choosing TiVo and have a great day!

120928-013719 is the reference number for this inquiry. Please refer to this number if you choose to contact us again regarding this request. In order to respond to this email, please log into your account at www.tivo.com/mysupport. Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Sincerely,
Janee'

TiVo Customer Support Representative
www.tivo.com/support
http://forums.tivo.com
Customer (Michael McCulley) 09/28/2012 03:38 PM
You failed again. And you lied. You DID CLOSE my case, without fixing my problem. My next steps will be to post all of this to FACEBOOK and MY BLOG and to TWITTER. I am very angry at TiVo for the lack of help.

The problem continues. The same OLD WEATHER shows up. You have done NOTHING. You need to fix it. Contact the engineers at Cox and Weather Channel, and fix it. That's what you are supposed to do. LEAVE THIS CASE OPEN. DO NOT CLOSE IT UNTIL YOU HAVE FIXED MY PROBLEM.

I want a rebate of my service fee for TiVo from last month, and UNTIL YOU FIX THIS PROBLEM. I do NOT PAY FOR what I do not get, and you are not providing my WEATHER downloads correctly.

DrWeb (angry in California)

Subject:
Weather Outlook missing?

Reference number: 120910-008884
Category:
Product (optional):

DVRs

Created date: 09/10/2012 05:25 PM
Updated: 09/27/2012 07:17 AM
Response (Paul) 09/15/2012 02:57 PM
Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I never meant to imply that we were done with this and the case would be closed. Just wanted to let you know that we received your reply that Weather Channel had not responded and that it was being sent to the team. I do apologize for any misunderstanding.

Please contact us again if you have any questions or concerns and we would be happy to help you. If this is urgent please contact us via Chat support or customer support over the phone. The number for TiVo Customer Support is 1-877-367-8486. They are available Monday - Friday, 7 am-7 pm PT and Saturday & Sunday, 8 am-6 pm PT.

120910-008884 is the reference number for this inquiry. Please refer to this number if you choose to contact us again regarding this request. In order to respond to this email, please log into your account at: [ www.tivo.com/mysupport ]. Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Sincerely,
Paul

www.tivo.com/support
Customer (Michael McCulley) 09/14/2012 02:14 PM
That sounded strangely like you will not respond any longer? I would like to keep this query open until fixed, and please respond when the problem is fixed by your engineering team. Thanks for the customer service, but we have to keep after this until it is fixed.
Best,
DrWeb
Response (Paul) 09/14/2012 11:57 AM
Hello Michael,

Thank you for letting us know.

Please contact us again if you have any questions or concerns and we would be happy to help you. If this is urgent please contact us via Chat support or customer support over the phone. The number for TiVo Customer Support is 1-877-367-8486. They are available Monday - Friday, 7 am-7 pm PT and Saturday & Sunday, 8 am-6 pm PT.

120910-008884 is the reference number for this inquiry. Please refer to this number if you choose to contact us again regarding this request. In order to respond to this email, please log into your account at: [ www.tivo.com/mysupport ]. Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Sincerely,
Paul

www.tivo.com/support
Customer (Michael McCulley) 09/14/2012 09:26 AM
Unfortunately, they have not responded to me. I just posted from their Web site. I hope your engineers can contact their engineers, and find the problem. Perhaps it is just stuck in a loop somewhere.
Best,
DrWeb aka Michael
Response (Paul) 09/13/2012 08:30 AM
Hello Michael,

I would be glad to continue helping you with the updated information you provided.

I know you said that you had contacted the Weather Channel about this as well. I will report this issue to our engineers but I would like to find out if you have received any replies from the Weather Channel and what their response was. That way I can provide as much information as possible to our team.

Sincerely,
Paul

www.tivo.com/support
Customer (Michael McCulley) 09/12/2012 06:18 PM
It stopped on a Thursday, about 2 weeks or maybe 3 weeks ago. The SAME weather cast is downloaded each day instead of new. Yes, I've tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing to the video updates. It didn't help.
Please contact your network engineers and have them work with The Weather Channel team to find out why your systems are not working. Thank you!
Best,
Michael aka DrWeb
Response (Devin) 09/12/2012 05:33 PM
Hello Michael,

Thank you for the updated information you provided. I have read through the previous contacts as well and would be glad to continue helping you with the updating on the weather channel application.

You did say that the application used to operate correctly and randomly started having this issue. With that being the case when exactly did the application stop updating current information?

One troubleshooting step you may want to try since you set the application up as a Season Pass is to delete the Season Pass and re-setup the Season Pass. Once this step if performed go ahead and access the application once more to confirm or deny a resolution to the issue itself.

Please continue to use reference number 120910-008884 for further contact regarding this request. In order to respond to this email, please log into your account at www.tivo.com/mysupport. Replies directly to this email will not be received. Thank you for contacting TiVo and enjoy the rest of your day!

Sincerely,
Devin

www.tivo.com/support
Customer (Michael McCulley) 09/12/2012 08:08 AM
I'm afraid you misunderstood. This is NOT a channel issue. It has nothing to do with channels. It is a VIDEO download, think PODCAST, that I setup as a season pass. It used to work fine. Please help with my problem, not a channel issue. The TiVo is rebooted often, and connects daily to the service for updates.
Best,
DrWeb
Response (Corina) 09/11/2012 11:21 AM
Hello DrWeb,

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I would be glad to help you with your weather app issues.

There are not any issues we are currently aware of as far as getting data from The Weather Channel. As such, we would recommend the following steps:

1. Powercycle your TiVo box by unplugging the power cord for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.

2. Once it has booted up, force a connection from TiVo Central > Messages and Settings > Settings > Network and Phone > Connect to TiVo Service Now. Make sure it is successful with no error messages.

3. Wait about 20 minutes, then check the weather readings again. Are they still out of date?

Please let us know and good luck!

The reference number for this inquiry is 120910-008884. Please refer to this number if you choose to contact us again regarding this request. In order to reply to this email, please log into My Support at www.tivo.com/mysupport. Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Sincerely,
Corina

www.tivo.com/support
Customer (Michael McCulley) 09/10/2012 05:25 PM
For weeks now, I can't get the current Weather Outlook Western, nor the National Outlook. The same "OLD" ones from weeks ago, downloads instead of current ones. Are you fighting over $ with The Weather Channel? How can I fix this? I just wrote the Weather Channel about this, too.
Best,
DrWeb
This incident can no longer be updated

Your incident number is 120928-013719
Product Level 1: DVRs
Date created: 09/28/2012 03:38 PM
Updated: 09/28/2012 06:37 PM
Proper Escalation2:
Social Channel:
Watch Movies:
Type Movie:
Favorite Actor:
ERT Incident Date:
ERT_creation_time:
aes_acs_creation_tim:

San Diego, CA
Old 11-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
drweb
TiVo User & Lover

Good news, and I hope this helps others, too. TiVo worked on this request from me for several months, and wrote me on the case yesterday. It's fixed! Please check your video podcasts for The Weather Channel now. It should work, I hope. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and thanks to TiVo for not giving up, working with their partners to fix this.
DrWeb

San Diego, CA
Old 12-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
tivosupport_jessica
TiVo Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of the issue. We were able to notify the Weather Channel of the issue with the information provided by you so that they could resolve the issue. With your persistence and cooperation, they were able to fully investigate and fix the issue. Thank you all for being so patient while we worked together to resolve this issue.
tivosupport_jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
tivosupport_jessica
TiVo Representative

tivosupport_jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
tivosupport_kaitlyn

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of the issue. We were able to notify the Weather Channel of the issue with the information provided by you so that they could resolve the issue. With your persistence and cooperation, they were able to fully investigate and fix the issue. Thank you all for being so patient while we worked together to resolve this issue.
tivosupport_kaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
lpwcomp

There is a new oddity with this feed. It is identified as a Partial(30 sec) recording and when you play it there are tic marks and text as if it were supposed to be 36 hours long.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #10
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
There is a new oddity with this feed. It is identified as a Partial(30 sec) recording and when you play it there are tic marks and text as if it were supposed to be 36 hours long.
I had a podcast download just like that last week. I don't remember for sure which one it was, but it was definitely not a weather podcast. It showed partial and had tic marks up to 36 hours. I just checked my deleted folder for it and every single podcast I checked said partial in the description while in the deleted folder, but when recovered, was complete.