TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #91
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Even cops can't take a person to the (mental) hospital. They are not doctors.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #92
ej42137

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
I didn't like how her sponsor allowed herself to be committed to rehab. Once she realized what Jackie was pulling, you'd think she'd check out (or not check in) and go on a rampage of revenge.
Could have gone that way, sure. But Jackie's sponsor evidently realizes that she has to take care of herself now that she's relapsed. And she might suspect Jackie is about to hit bottom very hard all without anyone's assistance.
ej42137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #93
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndrews View Post
Even cops can't take a person to the (mental) hospital. They are not doctors.
Did you forget the smiley face?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #94
desulliv

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndrews View Post
The AA mantra is you are always one hit away from hitting bottom all over again. There is no such thing as "one."
One's too many and a hundred's not enough...

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #95
mooseAndSquirrel

I wonder where she was going to fly to. Or how she was going to do with a suitcase full of drugs through TSA.

Is this show coming back? Maybe they always end it on the assumption that it won't, so end the season as if it could be a series finale. Hard to see how she comes back from this to All Saints. I suppose Zoey could continue to hide the faked ID and Federal offense, but that makes her an accessory and crazy stupid.

Maybe that was medicine and she was heading to Guatemala to care for the needy? I didn't see where her ticket was going to.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #96
Bob Coxner

It was already renewed for a 7th season that will air in 2015.

http://www.seat42f.com/nurse-jackie-...th-season.html

Addicts don't think clearly but she may have been planning to check the bag at curbside.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #97
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
It was already renewed for a 7th season that will air in 2015.

http://www.seat42f.com/nurse-jackie-...th-season.html

Addicts don't think clearly but she may have been planning to check the bag at curbside.
Spoiler:
Dr Coop isn't coming back Peter Facinelli is going to star in a new show called Odyssey not sure how they will write him out in the new season given Carrie announced she is pregnant. Perhaps false alarm/lie followed by Coop resigning

As to the season finale EP. I don't understand Eddie at all. He gives her a suitcase full of drugs and bids her on her way to 'turn back the clock'. There is no way that route turns out good for her and I don't see why he wouldn't see it the same way. She was going to basically kidnap her kids too.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #98
replaytv
elects "cold sleep"

I just couldn't watch anymore. Too much negative energy. But if that is so, how did I love Breaking Bad to the very end, and now why am I am rewatching the shows? I guess I don't make sense.
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:29 PM   #99
unixadm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
As to the season finale EP. I don't understand Eddie at all. He gives her a suitcase full of drugs and bids her on her way to 'turn back the clock'. There is no way that route turns out good for her and I don't see why he wouldn't see it the same way. She was going to basically kidnap her kids too.
Yeah, that didn't make sense to me....where did the drugs come from anyway? I would think that they would all trace back to Eddie and there is no way he would jeopardize his career and life for her at this point. He used get her drugs, but that was a little at a time, not 1/2 a suitcase full.

Wonder where she was flying to....if she was planning on doing all those drugs, why get on a plane and fly somewhere to do it...might as well just go home and OD if that was her intention. Even as a drug addict, her actions didn't make any sense.

Other thing that bugged me was that the drugs flew all over the car...she zipped up the suitcase when she changed her shirt...even if she didn't, the impact wasn't so strong that it would have popped open all the childproof caps. Assuming the suitcase was open, the closed bottles would have been on the floor, but not all the pills. Totally unrealistic.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:04 PM   #100
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixadm View Post
...Other thing that bugged me was that the drugs flew all over the car...she zipped up the suitcase when she changed her shirt...even if she didn't, the impact wasn't so strong that it would have popped open all the childproof caps. Assuming the suitcase was open, the closed bottles would have been on the floor, but not all the pills. Totally unrealistic.
Artistic license. Cinematic excess.

You'd think that the cops would have asked her for ID at the accident scene long before she got into her SUV to leave. What reason was there for an extra ambulance to be heading in at that point when it was all over?

I don't think we'll see Adam Ferrara "Sgt. Frank" again, either. He'll be back on Top Gear. He did a good job in acting, though.

There's no way they can back Jackie out of this one. Next season has to be her dealing with not being a nurse anymore, much less with the criminal charges. If it becomes known that Jackie is Nancy Wood, than as Zoey said, it's a federal felony to steal the DEA number. (Not that it would be hard for anybody at the hospital to have the number which is one every prescription the doctor writes.)

That scene where Jackie was trying to double talk Zoey out of it while she said, "I was there" was a killer.

Hey guys, this is supposed to be a comedy. Yuck, yuck.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #101
zalusky

I was thinking of various scenarios but that ending just blew it out of the water.

When she left the hospital after Zoe told her she had the hard evidence, I had expected her to drive straight to the Rehab clinic. In fact I thought just before Grace walked out that that was the Rehab place.

Then I figured after the accident scene that she would drive to the Rehab clinic.

When she did not zip the suitcase shut I new something was up. The pills flying around seemed to be a ode the opening credits with pills everywhere.

Its hard to believe she could go into Diversion now with the cops catching all the pills in the car.

I suppose they could do like Shameless and send her to Jail for a while but at this point its seems that there is no way her license is not revoked. Perhaps the next season is all in prison and nobody but she comes back!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #102
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
I was thinking of various scenarios but that ending just blew it out of the water.

When she left the hospital after Zoe told her she had the hard evidence, I had expected her to drive straight to the Rehab clinic. In fact I thought just before Grace walked out that that was the Rehab place.
Me, too!

Since AMC did a Nurse Jackie catch-up marathon I happened to re-watch the "Rat on a Cheeto" episode where Antoinette tells her that she's not going to abandon her, and how her husband was killed in her car. That was just one of Jackie's later victims.
UVerse and OTA

Old 06-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #103
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

I was wondering where Jackie was planning to fly to, too. My best guess is that since they showed on TV how people needed help with flooding in Louisiana that is where she was headed so that she could start a new life as a nurse there.
Best answer I can come up with.

Correction: according to another post, it's flooding in Miami, so she's heading there.

Last edited by jamesbobo : 07-03-2014 at 08:23 AM.
jamesbobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #104
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Spoiler:
Dr Coop isn't coming back Peter Facinelli is going to star in a new show called Odyssey not sure how they will write him out in the new season given Carrie announced she is pregnant. Perhaps false alarm/lie followed by Coop resigning

Spoiler:
yeah he is, he's in half the season he said.

"The good news is that Nurse Jackie fans will get plenty of Coop this season before he bows out. "I'm doing almost half of season seven so I'm around," Facinelli promises. He also insists he has no idea how he's being written off the series. "I don't know yet, I'm leaving it up to the writers but I hope they don't kill me off!""

b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #105
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbobo View Post
I was wondering where Jackie was planning to fly to, too. My best guess is that since they showed on TV how people needed help with flooding in Louisiana that is where she was headed so that she could start a new life as a nurse there.
Best answer I can come up with.
I thought she was flying out of the country to escape?

I think the people on TV was a metaphor when she said "weren't they warned"? and he said "some people think they can ride out the storm"
Old 07-02-2014, 09:03 AM   #106
tiassa
Me --Avatar

I think she was headed to Miami, remember while she was "drying out" in her house with her sponsor, Eddie and the cop (and saying they "went to Miami" on vacation) a bad hurricane hit Miami, which kind of messed with their cover story. I think the drugs weren't all "pain pills" but things like antibiotics and other stuff that is needed in a disaster area, and the theory was to "finesse" all the drugs in her possession by saying she was working for a relief agency.

I can't see how they get another season out of this, unless it is "Prison Nurse Jackie", because there is no way any hospital would hire her.

BTW am I the only one that thinks Carrie stole one of Coop's sperm samples and artificially inseminated herself?
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #107
b_scott
TiVo Fan

pretty sure next season is the last, no?
Old 07-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #108
unixadm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
BTW am I the only one that thinks Carrie stole one of Coop's sperm samples and artificially inseminated herself?
ohhhh...good pickup...didn't even think of that...but the whole "Coop donating his sperm" storyline, then her getting pregnant all makes sense now.

Spoiler:

That may be part of how they write him out of the show too...he finds out, get's pissed and walks out on All Saints completely