TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
dtivouser

TC CLUB MEMBER
The Office "The Target" OAD 11/29/2012

Maybe I'm among the last watching this show, but the last couple episodes have been fun for me.

They sure have been giving Dwight a lot of screen time. He has been much more interesting than Andy lately so this is a good thing.

The guest star last week (no spoilers) was a lot of fun.

The last 60 seconds of "The Target" with Angela and Dwight asking questions of Toby was a riot.
dtivouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtivouser View Post
The last 60 seconds of "The Target" with Angela and Dwight asking questions of Toby was a riot.
yeah Dwight had some good lines: 'Where are gay men's vaginas?' 'it's cruel, because a woman with damaged knees can't scrub worth a damn.'
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I think they've been featuring Dwight so much because at the time these episodes were written and filmed, they were planning for a Dwight-based spinoff where he'd be running his farm with his cousins. However, in the meantime, NBC decided not to move forward with that project. The episode that would have served as the backdoor pilot will still be aired as part of this final season of The Office, but that's as far as it will go.

I also loved that scene at the end with Dwight and Angela asking questions. While the questions they were asking were absolutely hilarious, it's even funnier that they think Toby is the one they should go to with these questions. Does being the HR rep suddenly make him the corporate expert on sex as well?

The building of the complaint-card tower seemed like something we could have seen in early years of this show, and the lunch with Jim, Stanley, and Phyllis was classic.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I also loved that scene at the end with Dwight and Angela asking questions. While the questions they were asking were absolutely hilarious, it's even funnier that they think Toby is the one they should go to with these questions. Does being the HR rep suddenly make him the corporate expert on sex as well?
I'm guessing they think Toby knows more about gayness than Angela's pastor: 'my pastor said it can come from breastfeeding' lol
Old 12-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I don't think they went to Toby because they thought he knew about gay issues. I think Dwight has gone to Toby before for sex-related questions. I think it's funny that because Toby is the HR rep who likely gives sexual harrassment seminars and such, that he's the expert on sex and that it's appropriate to go to him with these kinds of questions.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

"Ill have the surf and turf with a side of lobster"
"But sir, the surf and turf comes with lobster"
"Not enough lobster!"

LOL
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
yeah Dwight had some good lines: 'Where are gay men's vaginas?' 'it's cruel, because a woman with damaged knees can't scrub worth a damn.'
What was the line about how which penis knew to open up to accept the other penis?

I totally died laughing when I heard that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
What was the line about how which penis knew to open up to accept the other penis?

I totally died laughing when I heard that.
Dwight: 'When two gay men have sex, how do they know whose penis will open up to accept the other personís penis?'

Angela: 'What is it called when two men intertwine their penises, like the snakes on the medic alert bracelet? Is it called red vining?'
lolz
Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
secondclaw

I think they went to him because he's in HUMAN Resources, with them possibly assuming he knows stuff about humans. I believe this reason was given in a much earlier episode ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I don't think they went to Toby because they thought he knew about gay issues. I think Dwight has gone to Toby before for sex-related questions. I think it's funny that because Toby is the HR rep who likely gives sexual harrassment seminars and such, that he's the expert on sex and that it's appropriate to go to him with these kinds of questions.

secondclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #10
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Not a bad episode. I like when they include most of the cast instead of focusing only on one story.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #11
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

And sadly, now that they toned down the Nellie character, she's becoming one of my favorites. She is the perfect spoil for Dwight.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCow View Post
And sadly, now that they toned down the Nellie character, she's becoming one of my favorites. She is the perfect spoil for Dwight.
Yes. It was the dumb Robert California/Nellie storyline. Not Nellie herself.

Still maintain this show only went off the rails with Robert California.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Dwight: 'When two gay men have sex, how do they know whose penis will open up to accept the other personís penis?'

Angela: 'What is it called when two men intertwine their penises, like the snakes on the medic alert bracelet? Is it called red vining?'
Yeah.. that was it. And Angela's question, too. I had forgotten about that.

Funny stuff.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #14
jjd_87

jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #15
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Just play the right notes!

Old 12-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #16
dtivouser

TC CLUB MEMBER
The character building the card tower seems to be the new Jim and the receptionist seems to be the new... receptionist. Maybe the card scenes feel like "classic Office" because we are seeing those romantic situations reused.
dtivouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #17
sonnik
Innovations.

"Well, a documentary crew has been filming our every move for the last nine years, but I don't see them ... so we should be okay."
sonnik is offline   Reply With Quote