TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #31
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
There is no way he could have gotten that dead weight out of a six foot deep hole.
No way? Seriously, you cannot think of a way?

I can think of several ways.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #32
getreal
postcrastinator

Did you not notice any heavy equipment right there by the huge pile of dirt with the note "Stay"? I'd wager that it could easily lift Speltzer out of the hole.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:50 AM   #33
Tobashadow

I can't remember what show it was on but the best idea I have ever seen on dealing with a body was to find a fresh dug grave and dig down another 2-3 feet and bury the body below where the other person will be the next day.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #34
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobashadow View Post
I can't remember what show it was on but the best idea I have ever seen on dealing with a body was to find a fresh dug grave and dig down another 2-3 feet and bury the body below where the other person will be the next day.
That was on this show. Dexter told the Jimmy Smits character to do it that way as a way to trap him.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #35
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Did you not notice any heavy equipment right there by the huge pile of dirt with the note "Stay"? I'd wager that it could easily lift Speltzer out of the hole.
If the audience is supposed to think he used heavy equipment there would have been something to indicate that. It was implied that Dexter himself lifted the body out of the grave and that is impossible.

If he had used a machine, first he would need the keys to any digging machine that might have been there, and then he would have to know how to use that equipment, then he would have to miraculously extract the body from the grave without gravely (haha) injuring him, or waking him up, and then he would have to drive the equipment with the body on it unnoticed all the way to the crematorium, and then into the crematorium, and then use the equipment to lift the body onto the conveyer belt, and then drive the equipment away.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #36
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

If he had used a machine, first he would need the keys to any digging machine that might have been there, and then he would have to know how to use that equipment, then he would have to miraculously extract the body from the grave without gravely (haha) injuring him, or waking him up, and then he would have to drive the equipment with the body on it unnoticed all the way to the crematorium, and then into the crematorium, and then use the equipment to lift the body onto the conveyer belt, and then drive the equipment away.
So you admit it is possible.

He wouldn't need to use machinery. He could just climb out, get a rope, climb back down with the rope, tie one end of the rope to the body, climb out while holding the other end of the rope, then haul the body up using the rope. Just make sure he's unconscious enough, with a heavy enough dose of the tranq, that he doesn't wake up while being hauled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #37
john4200

Quote:
It was implied that Dexter himself lifted the body out of the grave and that is impossible.
I did not notice any implication whatsoever about how Dexter got the body out of the grave.

But it certainly IS possible that Dexter lifted the body out. Dexter is in pretty good shape. Lifting 250 pounds with legs and back (aka, squats) is quite possible for a reasonably fit person of Dexter's size. If he got his shoulders under the body's waist, he could lift it and get the torso onto the edge of grave (legs dangling), then climb out and drag the body the rest of the way.

And I can think of two or three other ways that a person who is weaker (or shorter) than Dexter could do it, not counting using the John Deere that was right there (and which Dexter could have easily gotten the keys to -- they were probably in Ray's pocket or mobile home...or Dexter could hotwire it).
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #38
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Dexter has killed countless numbers of people throughout the series, and he always tranqulizes them in some location, and then they magically appear strapped to the kill table in whatever room Dexter has prepared. I'm thinking that getting Speltzer out of that grave was no more difficult than many of the other challenges Dexter has had to deal with when moving a tranq'd body to the kill room.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #39
Hank
AC•FTW

I think all this quibbling about how Dexter got Speltzer on the table is really silly. It's just a TV show!!

It's not like arguing an actual physics gaff which we've done for weeks in some other threads, but I just had to say that this made me LOL:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
So you admit it is possible.
Thanks d.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #40
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

He tied the guy to the table with a bunch of strong straps. I hear those can be used for more purposes than just tying people to steel tables. Maybe I heard wrong.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #41
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
If the audience is supposed to think he used heavy equipment there would have been something to indicate that. It was implied that Dexter himself lifted the body out of the grave and that is impossible.....
How was that "implied"?

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote