TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

THX Optimizer Video

I have attempted to transfer (MRV) the THX Optimizer Video from the Elite to the Premiere, and get an error message, The THX Optimizer Video does not show that it has copy restrictions, and the transfer is available as an option. Has anyone had luck transferring it to a Premiere?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
moyekj

Yes it's strange. MRS works fine to another Premiere but MRV & TTG both fail.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

It does not transfer, the other threads on this in this in the past have said that it can seem to transfer but doesn't.

This seems to come up every few months, particularly since on some models it doesn't seem to survive a CDE.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
Quake97

Considering its a feature of the more expensive models, I'm not surprised you can't transfer it.

Joe
Quake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake97 View Post
Considering its a feature of the more expensive models, I'm not surprised you can't transfer it.

Joe
Except the THX video will not survive a clear and delete all, TiVo should provide some way to get that video back on any THX certified TiVo.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Except the THX video will not survive a clear and delete all, TiVo should provide some way to get that video back on any THX certified TiVo.
yes, they should have it repopulate like the several introductory videos do.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Exactly! and I'm still stunned it's never been addressed from the Tivo side, this is just so dumb to me for so many reasons.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
mrizzo80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Exactly! and I'm still stunned it's never been addressed from the Tivo side, this is just so dumb to me for so many reasons.
Edit: Whoops. They only monitor forums.tivo.com; not this forum.

I happened to notice the Sticky at the top of the forum yesterday (been there for a few weeks) that says TiVo support is now actively monitoring these forums and should respond within 6 business hours. Maybe they can chime in and direct this issue to the proper channels at Tivo so at some point in the future we can re-download this file as necessary?

To the OP, I believe one of the other threads on this topic references a calibration video freely available from AVS Forum. You could probably download that file and then transfer it to your TiVo to calibrate it.

Last edited by mrizzo80 : 07-05-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Wrong Info
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
poppagene
User

My THX optimizer has renamed itself 2:00 pm. Why?
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #10
Mike-Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Yeah this has yet to happen for me. They never populated when I installed my new TiVo Premiere for the first time in March nor was preloaded on the hard drive, nor repopulated on my other Premiere I had since 2010 upon reactivation on my account. When I called TiVo about it they said that they "don't have the ability to force push the videos onto the TiVo's"
Mike-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Wolf View Post
Yeah this has yet to happen for me. They never populated when I installed my new TiVo Premiere for the first time in March nor was preloaded on the hard drive, nor repopulated on my other Premiere I had since 2010 upon reactivation on my account. When I called TiVo about it they said that they "don't have the ability to force push the videos onto the TiVo's"
I had three of them pushed to me on my Premiere which I bought used. It showed up a few months after I bought it so obviously they can push it.

On a related matter I tried to transfer them to my new XL4, but alas, they were copy protected!
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #12
Mike-Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLABB View Post
I had three of them pushed to me on my Premiere which I bought used. It showed up a few months after I bought it so obviously they can push it.

On a related matter I tried to transfer them to my new XL4, but alas, they were copy protected!
I found the 480i version of them in the "Find TV, Movies, & Videos" search of "TiVo" awhile back but it doesn't come up now.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
jrtroo
User

We have ALL seen new videos that have been pushed to the masses.

I think that they should have said they cannot push these to individuals. Though, it would be nice if they put them in a format we could PULL (Amazon, web video for example).
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #14
jcthorne

I am surprised no one has made a hi def recording of the file and posted it for others in the community. There ARE other ways of getting video off a Tivo than by ttg.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #15
Mike-Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
I am surprised no one has made a hi def recording of the file and posted it for others in the community. There ARE other ways of getting video off a Tivo than by ttg.
Was wondering the same thing, why the heck isn't it on YouTube already?