TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2013, 04:24 AM   #1
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

NFL Sunday Ticket free trial (9/8/13)

I guess most subscribers already have this info through the message inbox or other sources. But, just in case you missed it.

I already have my recordings set for Sunday.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Yep, we always get this, which is cool. I have online ST this year because of Madden 25.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Yep, we always get this, which is cool. I have online ST this year because of Madden 25.
I'm unfamiliar. Tell me about this.

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 09-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Buy the SE of Madden for $100 and get ST for free.

I'm bummed that the one week ST is free, my team is on regular TV!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
andyw715

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
I'm unfamiliar. Tell me about this.
Amazon (maybe elsewhere) has Madden NFL 25 Anniversary (PS3 or Xbox) game with online access to Sunday Ticket for $99

Basically you get the game and directv.com credentials.
The credentials have a subscription to the online (web via pc, phone, tablet) access to Sunday Ticket.

From there you can mirror iDevices to Apple Tv, hook them up via HDMI, or try chome tab casting to chromecast for viewing on the big screen.

Or just view them on the devices.

I sold the game portion for $40, so effectively got Sunday Ticket for $59

The key here is no need for Directv
andyw715 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw715 View Post
Amazon (maybe elsewhere) has Madden NFL 25 Anniversary (PS3 or Xbox) game with online access to Sunday Ticket for $99

The credentials have a subscription to the online (web via pc, phone, tablet) access to Sunday Ticket.

From there you can mirror iDevices to Apple Tv, hook them up via HDMI, or try chome tab casting to chromecast for viewing on the big screen.

Interesting. Thanks.

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 09-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
Buy the SE of Madden for $100 and get ST for free.

I'm bummed that the one week ST is free, my team is on regular TV!
Really? You don't normally get the Steelers locally?

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 09-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Really? You don't normally get the Steelers locally?
Not in Georgia, no. It's Falcons country!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw715 View Post

I think it's an Amazon exclusive. Best Buy wasn't offering it. I'm not all that interested in ST for the price DirecTV charges, but for $40 over the price of the game that my son was buying anyway, I figured why not have it? I just gave my son the difference and took the codes and he has the game.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
Not in Georgia, no. It's Falcons country!
Ah. I assumed that you were in PA. Yeah, I lived in Atlanta for awhile myself.

When I used to follow Brett Favre, first with Green Bay, then with the Jets and later, Vikings, there would usually be some channel between Mobile, AL and New Orleans that would carry those games.

Of course, with the Saints, they're almost always sold out, so I get them locally too.

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 09-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #11
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
I think it's an Amazon exclusive. Best Buy wasn't offering it. I'm not all that interested in ST for the price DirecTV charges, but for $40 over the price of the game that my son was buying anyway, I figured why not have it? I just gave my son the difference and took the codes and he has the game.
Smart puchase.

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Smart puchase.
We'll see. It might be that I never use it. I've never really missed NOT having it in the past, and I'm one of those football fans that really only cares about MY team and the post season. I'm not one of those who watch games all day long on Sundays then the night game and SNF. In fact if the Giants are not on Sunday afternoon (like this Sunday), I'll either watch something else (this Sunday I'm going to watch Yankees-Red Sox baseball), or do some family stuff. But it's nice to have the option if there's some odd game I want to take a look at.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
andyw715

Oh and that game also comes with a team expansion pack. the PS3 version is Pittsburg. Not sure what the Xbox comes with.
andyw715 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #14
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
We'll see. It might be that I never use it. I've never really missed NOT having it in the past, and I'm one of those football fans that really only cares about MY team and the post season. I'm not one of those who watch games all day long on Sundays then the night game and SNF. In fact if the Giants are not on Sunday afternoon (like this Sunday), I'll either watch something else (this Sunday I'm going to watch Yankees-Red Sox baseball), or do some family stuff. But it's nice to have the option if there's some odd game I want to take a look at.
I'm just the opposite. I try to inhale all of the football available during the short season, college, pro - everything. It's a long time between Super Bowl Sunday and the first pre-season games in August.

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 09-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #15
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

I wait until about week 3 or 4 and I'll get a call from DirecTV about Sunday ticket. At that point I get the full $299.95 package for ~$100

Living in my home city, all my team's home games are on TV or I am at the game so I don't get the value out of ST as I would if I lived out of town.

After going to a game, the 4 PM games are normally half over by the time I get home the wife says I had enough football and drinking for the day.

When we move away, ST will be a must have, much cheaper than going to a sports bar.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #16
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dancing View Post
I wait until about week 3 or 4 and I'll get a call from DirecTV about Sunday ticket. At that point I get the full $299.95 package for ~$100

Living in my home city, all my team's home games are on TV or I am at the game so I don't get the value out of ST as I would if I lived out of town.

After going to a game, the 4 PM games are normally half over by the time I get home the wife says I had enough football and drinking for the day.

When we move away, ST will be a must have, much cheaper than going to a sports bar.
Depending on whether you're in contract, how long you've been with DTV, etc, you can easily get Sunday Ticket for free. At least every other year, you can't it free every year. I got it free in 2011, paid $99 last year and got it free this year.

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/206404-...ts-here/page-9 Look at the end of the thread and work your way back.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1295097/
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #17
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I'm just the opposite. I try to inhale all of the football available during the short season, college, pro - everything. It's a long time between Super Bowl Sunday and the first pre-season games in August.

Football is third on my list of favorite sports (behind baseball/hockey, which are 1 and 1a, depending on the season). After awhile, the overblown hype about every game gets to be too ridiculous for me. I'll sit riveted to every Giant game, but rarely will I make it a point to sit there for a Bengals-Steelers game or whatever. I might watch and do other things while those games are on (face it, there's generally nothing else on Sunday afternoons), but very often I'll catch up on recorded stuff.

I got the "Madden" package, mostly because I KNOW there will be a game in December that will matter to the Giants that I'll watch because I have a rooting interest. I did use it yesterday to play around with it during the Yankees game and to see how it all works. It was really nice. I did notice it was probably behind the network's coverage by 10-15 seconds or more at times.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #18
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dancing View Post

I always tell my wife that if we move out of the NYC metro area, our TV bill will go up about $500 or more a year, because I'd by ST, MLBEI and NHLCI. But now with streaming video having improved a LOT, I might just buy the online packages of each.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #19
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Well, I have three weeks before I need to call and try to get ST. Next week, the Steelers are the Monday Night game, the following week, it's the Sunday game and the next week, it's the game in London, which I will be at!

I've probably got more chance of getting something 4-5 weeks into the season than now, when everyone else is trying!