TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #31
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

I just love it when we see a new person who visited Joe in prison in the past. It really makes my day!

Mike deserved to be stabbed after he wasted his opportunities in the first round. Dude has a wrestling pedigree and didn't do anything to grapple with the other guy? Who does he think he is, BJ Penn?
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #32
jr461

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
Been on-board with Dexter since the beginning. His "kills" do not have the same affect on me as these did. I think with Dexter his victims seem to die nearly instantly, whereas this woman and Charlie really felt the slow entry of the blade. Still gives me the willies thinking about it.

/wimp
I was thinking of Dexter during this scene and the other difference is that Carroll was getting off on the fear/torture of the presumably innocent woman, dragging it out. She wasn't a killer meeting "Harry's code", so all the more disturbing.

As mentioned, this show is a lot of laughs. It's a shame they're not intentional.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #33
SnakeVargas

Was it just me, or did Carroll seem a bit annoyed at the group of followers that Roderick has assembled? It felt like he was expecting a smaller group of more capable people. Feels like maybe Roderick has been going above and beyond what he was supposed to do.
SnakeVargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #34
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeVargas View Post
Was it just me, or did Carroll seem a bit annoyed at the group of followers that Roderick has assembled? It felt like he was expecting a smaller group of more capable people. Feels like maybe Roderick has been going above and beyond what he was supposed to do.
I'm not sure annoyed is the right word, but Joe certainly has his game with Ryan planned out very carefully, and he clearly didn't plan for this many people to be involved.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #35
mattack

OK, this one was way more sadistic than previous ones.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #36
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I'm now convinced more than ever that Claire is a follower.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #37
Flop

And I'm done. SP deleted. Can't take it any more. I can buy stupid FBI/Police in some episodes, but this is just too much.

Hey we found the car the secret society of crazy ass serial killer cultists used when they kidnapped a FBI agent. Let's:

1) not call it in, and
2) split up to "check the perimeter", to ensure
3) Ryan (who is just a consulting ex-agent) enters the warehouse alone, like he enters the building-of-the-week alone every damn episode

I can suspend disbelief to a point, but the FBI must be hiring dropouts from middle school to get agents this inept and clueless.
Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #38
philw1776

Quote:
The show's premise seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry can recruit legions of sociopaths willing to abandon their lives, assume false lives for years on end and follow whomever just waiting for a chance to kill on leader's command only or to be happily eviscerated for events beyond their control. And not one potential recruit contacted ever tips the FBI or local police that someone has a website recruiting serial killers.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #39
sharkster

The vibe I have is that new FBI guy is a follower.

I know this might sound creepy but I thought the music, during the scene where Carroll killed the woman, was beautiful. I, too, am pretty desensitized especially having watched Dexter for 7 years.

Also, ITA that we (or at least some of you) are smarter than their FBI.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #40
sharkster

Quote:
What I was feeling from that was very similar. Not only did it seem an annoyance that all these people had such expectations from him but that maybe also he's not really in charge of everything anymore and it outgrew itself to have a life of its own.

Oh, and short-haired babysitter girl who has big hots for Carroll - she creeps me out more than Carroll.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #41
Joules1111
Not Drawful

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
The show's premise seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry can recruit legions of sociopaths willing to abandon their lives, assume false lives for years on end and follow whomever just waiting for a chance to kill on leader's command only or to be happily eviscerated for events beyond their control. And not one potential recruit contacted ever tips the FBI or local police that someone has a website recruiting serial killers.
I wonder how long it will take them to start turning on each other. The creepy short-haired girl already turned on here (bizarre) love triangle, and Charlie volunteered to be killed. But there's going to come a point where a sociopath just out and out murders a cult member. None of these people can be trusted....
Old 03-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #42
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joules1111 View Post
I wonder how long it will take them to start turning on each other. The creepy short-haired girl already turned on here (bizarre) love triangle, and Charlie volunteered to be killed. But there's going to come a point where a sociopath just out and out murders a cult member. None of these people can be trusted....
This is why I read these forums!

Note to self, "Do not Do Not under any circumstances trust a group pf sociopathic cult thrill killers"
Old 03-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #43
verdugan

Quote:

Note to self, "Do not Do Not under any circumstances trust a group pf sociopathic cult thrill killers"
You better be reffering to Carrol's followers and not to us.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #44
Joules1111
Not Drawful

Quote:

Okay, maybe I was stating the obvious a bit. But my point is really why would a sociopath put themselves in a big house with a bunch of other sociopaths? They don't really have a need to "belong" in the sense that a normal person does. And they know what they are capable of so why surround other people that might want to do those disgusting violent things to you.

I know it's just a show (and I like it) but Joe Carroll getting all teary eyed over his reuinion with his son doesn't jive with him killing women for sport.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #45
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I know it's just a show (and I like it) but Joe Carroll getting all teary eyed over his reunion with his son doesn't jive with him killing women for sport.
Although we've already seen signs that the reality of having a relationship with his son is not living up to the fantasy...

In other words, he was into having a son and successor as a concept, but isn't doing well with the actual "relating to another human being" involved in fulfilling that fantasy.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #46
philw1776

Quote:
Okay, maybe I was stating the obvious a bit. But my point is really why would a sociopath put themselves in a big house with a bunch of other sociopaths? They don't really have a need to "belong" in the sense that a normal person does. And they know what they are capable of so why surround other people that might want to do those disgusting violent things to you.

I know it's just a show (and I like it) but Joe Carroll getting all teary eyed over his reuinion with his son doesn't jive with him killing women for sport.
No offense meant. My lame attempt at humor.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #47
Joules1111
Not Drawful

Quote:
No offense meant. My lame attempt at humor.
No worries. I thought you were justing "funning" me but I wasn't 100% sure.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #48
stellie93

Wouldn't you move the wife as soon as the only person who knows where she is is captured or missing? How sure can you be that he didn't tell them something when he was delirious?
(hopefully he wasn't the only person, or now we have no idea where she is--they did say that, didn't they?)
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #49
SnakeVargas

Quote:
The show's premise seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry can recruit legions of sociopaths willing to abandon their lives, assume false lives for years on end and follow whomever just waiting for a chance to kill on leader's command only or to be happily eviscerated for events beyond their control.
I still think the premise will turn out to be that many of these people were killers before they met Carroll. This has already been revealed with a few followers. Carroll managed to be the charismatic figure that can collect them all together.

I don't think this is the most unrealistic bit of this show. Look at Charles Manson as an example. He managed to put together several people willing to kill for him. Take as an example Bin Laden and 9/11: 19 sociopaths willing to abandon their lives, behaving suspiciously and either nobody knew it or nobody did anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
The vibe I have is that new FBI guy is a follower.
Absolutely. His actions seem to be hampering the progress of the investigation, and he put Westin in a situation where he was easily abducted.
SnakeVargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #50
sharkster

Yeah, new FBI guy is doing every single thing he can to hamper the investigation. You'd think that the other FBI Einsteins there might have seen that by now. Maybe not...
Old 03-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #51
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Yeah, new FBI guy is doing every single thing he can to hamper the investigation. You'd think that the other FBI Einsteins there might have seen that by now. Maybe not...
Which is why I suspect we're supposed to suspect him, but that in reality he's just a bad manager.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #52
eddyj

I gave up and deleted this episode unwatched. And from the comments about the violence, I think I picked a good time to stop watching. But I will continue to follow the threads, which have always been more entertaining than the show.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote