TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Crisis. Should I keep watching?

I know it has been cancelled but are we gonna see any type if conclusion. I know it was pulled from may sweeps but it popped up again last night.
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

As far as any conclusion, who knows? Nothing that could wrap up everything in a short amount of time, I would guess.

I did watch Sunday's ep, and it was pretty engaging.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:20 PM   #3
warrenn

I hope they finish this storyline. I don't think the story is particularly well done, but I still want to see how they resolve it.
warrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
mr.unnatural

I stopped watching as soon as I found out it was canceled. There didn't seem to be much point in watching something that may never be resolved.
mr.unnatural is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
moose53

I watched the most recent episode today. Something's been changed. When they show the roundup from previous episodes, it's usually something that you've seen before. There were quite a few storylines that I didn't recall ... I know I don't remember everything; but, I'm not 'that' forgetful. I think they've modified the last few episodes to get to some sort of stopping point.

I liked the show. But, never thought there was a possibility of anything longer that one season.

I plan to watch through to the end.

Barb
Old 05-26-2014, 10:36 PM   #6
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Was this show supposed to be a period piece? I noticed during the aircraft carrier montage that they were launching F-14s. Now, as we all know, the F-14 was retired in 2006 and the Navy flies the F-18 Hornet currently.

I know that they were using stock footage, but if this is supposed to be present day, couldn't they have found film of a carrier launching the Hornet?

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 05-27-2014, 06:52 AM   #7
mr.unnatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
Was this show supposed to be a period piece? I noticed during the aircraft carrier montage that they were launching F-14s. Now, as we all know, the F-14 was retired in 2006 and the Navy flies the F-18 Hornet currently.

I know that they were using stock footage, but if this is supposed to be present day, couldn't they have found film of a carrier launching the Hornet?
What? You want actual facts to interfere with a fictional story? My guess is that whoever put together the stock footage had no clue the Tomcat had been retired or simply didn't care. They just wanted a shot of an aircraft carrier with planes. TV and movie directors have a bad habit of using military aircraft and vehicles in a manner for which they were never intended.
mr.unnatural is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #8
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:

It's TV. If you nitpick you will find issues with every episode of every Tv show ever made.

I know this is one show I wish had not been cancelled. I will keep watching the episodes that the air. Unfortunately I will probably regret it.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:55 AM   #9
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.unnatural View Post
What? You want actual facts to interfere with a fictional story? My guess is that whoever put together the stock footage had no clue the Tomcat had been retired or simply didn't care. They just wanted a shot of an aircraft carrier with planes. TV and movie directors have a bad habit of using military aircraft and vehicles in a manner for which they were never intended.
Well, they had to work to get this one wrong. Even the reporter's VO states that they are launching F-14's. It just seems that they went to a lot of effort to get it wrong, unless this was supposed to be taking place in the past.

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 05-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #10
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
It's TV. If you nitpick you will find issues with every episode of every Tv show ever made.
Yes, I know that's true. But imagine you're watching a police drama in present day, in a big city and the hero drives up in a patrol cruiser from the Adam 12 era. Wouldn't that tend to pull you out of the scene?

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 05-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #11
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

As we all know? I had no idea. I don't follow military hardware at all. I couldn't name 2 types of military aircraft if you pointed a gun to my head. And I'd be surprised if the majority of viewers know either. It's TV. They got a stock shot is all. Suffices for the majority of viewers. It's not like this is vinatge World War II planes that everyone would notice because of the propellers To me this is the equivalent of Joe Jackson hitting right handed in the movie Field of Dreams where EVERYONE knows he hit left handed in real life Did it matter to the story? Did it make it better or worse? Of course not. Only die hard baseball fans noticed it.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:10 PM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Yes, I know that's true. But imagine you're watching a police drama in present day, in a big city and the hero drives up in a patrol cruiser from the Adam 12 era. Wouldn't that tend to pull you out of the scene?
Police cruisers are MUCH more recognizable to the average viewer than the example here. The average viewer, such as me would notice the difference in police cars. The average viewer with no knowledge of military stuff is not going to notice what happened here.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

As for me, I'm still watching. Wasn't this originally presented to us as a mini-series anyway?
Old 05-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #14
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
As we all know? I had no idea. I don't follow military hardware at all. I couldn't name 2 types of military aircraft if you pointed a gun to my head. And I'd be surprised if the majority of viewers know either. It's TV. They got a stock shot is all. Suffices for the majority of viewers. It's not like this is vinatge World War II planes that everyone would notice because of the propellers To me this is the equivalent of Joe Jackson hitting right handed in the movie Field of Dreams where EVERYONE knows he hit left handed in real life Did it matter to the story? Did it make it better or worse? Of course not. Only die hard baseball fans noticed it.
I was being facetious. I guess I should have used the tongue in cheek emoticon.

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 05-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #15
smak
TV MA SLV

I think it might be better that the show is cancelled, if they end it properly.

Most of these type shows are begging to just be one season, or even 1/2 a season, and then they go on for years (Revolution...)

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #16
laria
Librocubicularist

They didn't change anything as far as I know. There were only ever 13 episodes, 9 have aired, and 4 are on the schedule for June 1, 15, and 29 (2 eps).
Old 05-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #17
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
They didn't change anything as far as I know. There were only ever 13 episodes, 9 have aired, and 4 are on the schedule for June 1, 15, and 29 (2 eps).
Well I am giving up until the 29th, if the show has no wrap up, its a delete, no sense investing more time until then.
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote