Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #31
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickvz View Post
I was surprised that they actually sent home two after Ryan asked about whether they should. I was glad, just didn't really expect it. When they brought up the possibility I hoped it would be Lily and Michael. Now let's see if they decide to use all three in some episodes a they did last year.
Well, according to the previews...

Spoiler:
Ryan is picking only ONE winner this year. That is what Robert says at the beginning of the ep. And at the end, Ryan says, "The winner of the Glee Project, Season 2, is...."

We will see if that holds true, or if they decide to give 1 "winner" a 7-ep arc and the other 2 cameos, or just one winner a 7-ep arc.

I was not shocked they sent Michael home, he is kind of boring, esp when compared to Blake. But I thought they may have kept Lily for the finale.

I dunno-if there is only one winner, I'd bet on Aylin. She has an interesting story. Allie is interesting, but how can they make her a b**ch? And that one writer had a good point about Blake-where is his pain? How is he an outsider?
Old 08-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #32
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina

Well, according to the previews...

* SPOILER *

I was not shocked they sent Michael home, he is kind of boring, esp when compared to Blake. But I thought they may have kept Lily for the finale.

I dunno-if there is only one winner, I'd bet on Aylin. She has an interesting story. Allie is interesting, but how can they make her a b**ch? And that one writer had a good point about Blake-where is his pain? How is he an outsider?
First. Did you see his acting in the video? Seems like the writer did not.

Second. Since when do they need to write to the actor? Are the people on Glee really who they are? I don't think so. The kid can act.

Third. What about someone who is NOT in pain who just likes to sing and dance. Glee is ignoring well adjusted kids and is being non-inclusive. Why do they all have to be broken? Seems to me that Blaine is not really broken and it works.

Fourth. Go with the guy who said you pick a star. They all agree Blake is a star.

All that. Aylin will probably win cause Ryan want to explore Islam.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #33
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
First. Did you see his acting in the video? Seems like the writer did not.

Second. Since when do they need to write to the actor? Are the people on Glee really who they are? I don't think so. The kid can act.

Third. What about someone who is NOT in pain who just likes to sing and dance. Glee is ignoring well adjusted kids and is being non-inclusive. Why do they all have to be broken? Seems to me that Blaine is not really broken and it works.

Fourth. Go with the guy who said you pick a star. They all agree Blake is a star.

All that. Aylin will probably win cause Ryan want to explore Islam.
You make some good points.
Spoiler:
Maybe Ryan will reconsider and give all 3 a chance!

..and FWIW, maybe we haven't seen Blaine's "pain" yet. Just sayin' ...

..should be an exciting finale!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #34
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina

You make some good points. * SPOILER *

..and FWIW, maybe we haven't seen Blaine's "pain" yet. Just sayin' ...

..should be an exciting finale!
I like all who made it to the top 5. Pretty special group. Hope we see something of them all.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #35
DouglasPHill

All 5 of them were great. Its too bad who they sent home had nothing to do with talent and everything to do with adding new different characters to the show. Wheelchair girl and Muslim girl are in. Based on talent, I would have sent Muslim girl home and also Lilly. Lilly has the best pipes period. But, she does not know how to share the spotlight.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #36
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I really liked their movie trailer. Not that I'd see the movie, but it really turned out well. It was nice to see them all actually act.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #37
nyny523
Oy

I think it's going to be a tough call.

I totally agreed with getting rid of Michael - he was kinda blah to me. And Lily was just too "much".

The remaining 3 are all good in their own ways - I actually think Aylin is the weakest of the three. Both Aly and Blake are better actors, and all 3 can sing. Aylin's advantage is that she is more "different" than the others.

I am guessing that the 2 runner ups will get some screen time regardless - even if they stick with one winner this year, I would guess there will be a couple of episodes each for the runner ups. And frankly, some of the runner ups from last year did a better job in their brief appearances than the winners did in their 7 episode arcs...
Old 08-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #38
DouglasPHill

Good point, probably all 3 will end up with something. My prediction is wheelchair girl wins, hot guy second, Muslim girl last.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #39
mattack

Is The Glee Project online and/or will they likely rerun the whole season? I'm almost positive I missed one episode, but will start catching up on the other two after that I have recorded after the olympics end.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #40
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Is The Glee Project online and/or will they likely rerun the whole season? I'm almost positive I missed one episode, but will start catching up on the other two after that I have recorded after the olympics end.
If it is like previous seasons, the day of the final episode, they air a marathon of all the episodes from the season.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #41
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar

If it is like previous seasons, the day of the final episode, they air a marathon of all the episodes from the season.
They are. All but the casting special. Marathon starts 8/14 at 10am eastern.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #42
mattack

Yeah, thanks, I saw this in the guide data. I am pretty sure I only missed one in the middle (around ep 5), even though I only kept track after that. (Might record all of them if I have space..)
Old 08-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #43
nyny523
Oy

So I just watched the last episode.

Any thoughts on the winner?
Old 08-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #44
SNJpage1

I didnt even bother recording the final. The whole group were losers to me.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #45
nyny523
Oy

I thought they had some great people this time! It was a very close finale.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #46
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523
So I just watched the last episode.

Any thoughts on the winner?
Well it shocked me. And I am completely disappointed in the choice. Blake's a nice guy and good actor, but his type (white bred male) are a dime a dozen. Glee has a bunch of them already.

Ally hips the epitome of a handicapable person. She was flirty and fun. Here choice of Popular for was perfect. As soon as she chose that song, I thought she won.

Aylin is a character that doesn't exist on TV anywhere. She could be a huge inspiration to Muslims. Ryan Murphy is not shy about using actors to give a voice to discriminated groups (see Chris Coffer and Alex Newell) Aylin would have fit the role perfectly. And Amber Riley was right, she NAILED Adele's song.

I wish we could hear why Ryan and the mentors chose Blake because I can't see it.
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #47
nyny523
Oy

I was rooting for Aly. There was just something about her the entire show - and I think a lot of the "audience" at the finale felt the same way.

I suspect we will see both Aly and Aylin making appearances during the season.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #48
DouglasPHill

All of the Glee contestants were talented. Any of the last 8 could be on Glee and do a great job. What was the criteria for getting to the last 3? For two of them it was because they were "different" and could enable the Glee writers to write about these differences. Remember the disclaimer at the end of each episode where it mentions that the producers and network can have input into the selection process.

What were the reasons for choosing the winner? I don't watch Glee but Ryan said they were losing a couple seniors this year. If either/both of those were hot leading man type guys, there is your answer. Who watches Glee? What are the demographics of people who watch? Is the average viewer male? female? young? old? straight? gay? Its pretty obvious that all of these are viewers of Glee, but which(if any) is dominant? Are the most common viewers the type who want to see hot guys?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #49
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I was completely shocked. I was sure one of the girls was going to get it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #50
mattack

I didn't watch the last couple yet.. but it was annoying that during the marathon, they had commercials talking about the finale and the final 3 contestants.. ANNOYING!!! SPOILERS!!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #51
Langree
The Gimp

From a writing standpoint, it would be hard to sell her as anything beyond "Artie 2.0, the handicapped person in Glee Club".

There were no real standouts for me this year.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #52
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

I was shocked too...Blake is great, I am happy for him...but I thought Ryan would give Ally and Aylin shorter arcs. Will be excited to see Blake on Glee...