TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
jlig

Galleon option question

I just installed Galleon 2.5.5 with the Music Organizer app. Everything works great except for one issue: I can't change the music options from Tivo. I am able to press enter, select an option (Player, Random Play Folders, etc.) and change to "yes" or "no". But the settings aren't saved when I exit out. Using Windows 7. Any suggestions?
jlig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
windracer
joined the 10k club

Hmm ... I'm able to replicate this as well (on Ubuntu). I haven't really used the Music Organizer in a while. If I find some time, I can try to look at the code and see what's going on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
jlig

Thanks, I really like Galleon as a music server, but want to option to turn shuffle on and off. If you could figure out why it doesn't work - that would be great!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
windracer
joined the 10k club

Well, the "good" news is that this isn't specific to the Music Organizer app. I did some playing around and determined that even if I try to change the Music Player options through the GUI (File > Music Player), I get a "could not connect to server" error when I try to close the dialog. Basically, the settings are not being properly saved to the configure.xml file.

The bad news is I don't really know how to fix this ...

|
Old 08-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
jlig

Thanks for trying! I guess I stay with Media Center even though it doesn't display cover art on the TiVo.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
windracer
joined the 10k club

Here's a workaround ... if you check your configure.xml file (located in Galleon's conf folder) there should be a configuration section for the Music Player:

Code:
 <musicPlayerConfiguration class="org.lnicholls.galleon.server.MusicPlayerConfiguration" player="classic" randomPlayFolders="true" screensaver="false" showImages="false" skin="/usr/share/galleon/media/winamp/metrix.wsz" useAmazon="false" useFile="false" id="1"/>
If you shut down your Galleon server, you can edit the options manually in this file and then they should be used as the default in your Music Organizer app. So, if you wanted Random Play Folders on, set that parameter to "true" save the file and then start up Galleon.

|
Old 08-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Gavroche

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlig View Post
I just installed Galleon 2.5.5 with the Music Organizer app. Everything works great except for one issue: I can't change the music options from Tivo. I am able to press enter, select an option (Player, Random Play Folders, etc.) and change to "yes" or "no". But the settings aren't saved when I exit out. Using Windows 7. Any suggestions?
Haven't been able to do this in years.

Also can't change them from the Galleon GUI on the PC!

Just as Windracer noted, the only way I've been able to change these is to manually edit the configuration file. I recommend using a good text editor to do this, NOT Notepad. (I use MetaPad.) Remember to stop the Galleon service before editing this file. Restart Galleon and your changes should be saved.
Gavroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
windracer
joined the 10k club

Ah, I figured it out!!

It looks like when the 2.5.5 release was built, the default WinAmp skins were missing from the media/winamp folder. If you look in your Galleon install's media folder, I'll bet 'winamp' is missing. This causes the skin selection (in the GUI or on the TiVo screen) to be empty which causes the code to crash when you save.

To fix this (for now), download the Galleon 2.5.4 archive from Sourceforge (the Linux one is fine) and copy the media/winamp folder to your 2.5.5 install media folder and restart Galleon. You should now be able to save your settings through the PC GUI and the TiVo app.

I logged this (and my research) in Sourceforge here.

Hope this helps!

|
Old 08-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
Gavroche

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Ah, I figured it out!!

It looks like when the 2.5.5 release was built, the default WinAmp skins were missing from the media/winamp folder. If you look in your Galleon install's media folder, I'll bet 'winamp' is missing. This causes the skin selection (in the GUI or on the TiVo screen) to be empty which causes the code to crash when you save.

To fix this (for now), download the Galleon 2.5.4 archive from Sourceforge (the Linux one is fine) and copy the media/winamp folder to your 2.5.5 install media folder and restart Galleon. You should now be able to save your settings through the PC GUI and the TiVo app.

I logged this (and my research) in Sourceforge here.

Hope this helps!
Nice work! See... this is why I come here. Good information and talented people.
Gavroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
jlig

"windracer" THANK YOU for your help - I wish I could do something in return - but I'm not nearly as smart as you! thanks again and again and again
Old 08-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #11
windracer
joined the 10k club

Just glad I could help out.

|