TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Davelnlr_

Need help with a Boolen Search

I have a DirecTv HR34, and the following boolen search picks up all the Nascar races: AALL NASCAR NNOT PRACTICE QUALIFYING

I programmed the same thing into the Tivo, and it is recording all sorts of stuff like Nascar live on speed, but is missing the races.

Does anyone have a boolen wishlist search set up that will catch all the Nascar (Sprint, Nationwide, and Truck) races, without recording all the practice, qualifying and other non-race shows?
Davelnlr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
TiVo doesn't do Boolean searches. It has its own syntax for controlling searches that is not as powerful.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
Davelnlr_

I guess I need to know if I should use the title of the races, or items from the description, or both? Something I could enter to signify live events (like the races) would be great.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
It would help if you could tell us the info that shows in the guide for one of the programs you want - the title and perhaps the channel it runs on.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
Davelnlr_

For tomorrows race is shows "2013 Daytona 500" for the title, and the description is
Sports Event, Auto Racing, Sports, First Aired: 2/24/13

The next race is: NASCAR RACING for a title, and description is (HD) No Rating, Auto Racing, Sports Event, First Aired: 3/2/13

Following race is: NASCAR RACING for a title, and description is (HD,CC,Stereo,Blackout) No Rating, Auto Racing, Sports Event, First Aired: 3/3/13

So I guess I need to find a search that will pick up "Auto Racing" and Sports Event" and ignore everything else.