TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Bob Lee

kmttg - download multiple segments for the same program?

I've just started playing around with kmttg as an alternative to pyTivo and had a question about downloading a program where that program is split into multiple segments, e.g. if the Tivo restarts in the middle of the program. pyTivo handles this just fine due to its file naming conventions, but it appears as though kmttg will use the same file name for each segment and so it will either overwrite the first segment or not download the second...depending on the "overwrite" parameter. Is there an easy solution for getting around this?
Bob Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
moyekj

No, you'll have to rename each file segment before downloading subsequent ones which make up the same show.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
No, you'll have to rename each file segment before downloading subsequent ones which make up the same show.
How about if he adds hour and min to the file naming template?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
As in, the duration of the file? (I'm asking because I have a 'stuck' recording whose transfer terminates early; I haven't yet attempted to try a transfer-after-glitch point, but I'm assuming that once I do, the duplicate-file-name problem will come into play.)
Old 02-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
tluxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I'm doing this and the guide data starting time of the program is what's used for both filenames, so it doesn't work to distinguish between filenames. I have to move or rename the first file before the second one comes in or the first one is overwritten.

It would be nice if multiple files of the same name would have a (1), (2), (3), etc. appended to them automatically, but I can see the advantages of having kmttg not have to check for and know how to deal with multiple instances of what appears to be the same "program".
tluxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
tluxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
As in, the duration of the file? (I'm asking because I have a 'stuck' recording whose transfer terminates early; I haven't yet attempted to try a transfer-after-glitch point, but I'm assuming that once I do, the duplicate-file-name problem will come into play.)
I've had some like this that the only solution for was to transfer it to another TiVo and then it downloaded fine from the other TiVo.
tluxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluxon View Post
I've had some like this that the only solution for was to transfer it to another TiVo and then it downloaded fine from the other TiVo.
That's useful to know. At the moment, I don't have another TiVo to transfer the program to. I have one TiVoHD, two Series 1s, and a couple of different computers. If we get a Premiere, I'll try transferring to that first and see what happens.