TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
elenaran

Tivo deletes programs - claims lack of space

All of a sudden in the past couple weeks, my Premiere has started deleting shows due to a supposed lack of space, yet I consistently have greater than 50% space available.

I've even deleted ALL of my saved programs to see if that would fix it (apparently, a completely empty tivo = 17% full), but it still will delete a new show within ~24-48 hours of recording it, and the "History" menu says it did it for lack of space.

FYI, I have no season passes set as KUID, and my ToDo list doesn't look any different than it has in the years I've owned this Tivo. This is a new problem that's started recently.

I'm currently trying the Clear Program Info/Guide Data option to see if that does anything
elenaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
shamilian

Try deleting suggestions that you don't want.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

If this is recent behavior, I would try a reboot before trying anything else.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
reneg

I had something like this happen on my Premiere but the shows were deleted almost immediately after recording them. I tried rebooting, clear and delete progam/guide data but it didn't help. It wasn't until I did a clear and delete everything, that the issue went away. Before I did that, I backed up my season passes with kmttg and then restored them after re-running guided setup.

Good luck.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
elenaran

Reneg, I thought about that, but it says I would need to repair my cable cards if I do that. I really don't want to have to deal with that again.Every time I have to have an installer come out to pair cards, it turns into a nightmare,

Shamilian, when i deleted everything, that included suggestions.

Thabto , I have rebooted multiple times
Old 03-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by elenaran View Post
Every time I have to have an installer come out to pair cards, it turns into a nightmare,
What cable provider?
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
elenaran

Time Warner

I don't know how many times I've had guys come out who either forget to bring a cable card, weren't told to, or don't bring enough. Then a lot of them have never done it before, so are completely clueless. Sometimes they do bring cards, but the cards are bad and don't work, and don't have any backups.

Then they'll sit on hold with the people at HQ in charge of pairing for like 30 minutes...
Old 03-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
moyekj

FYI, by FCC regulations you're supposed to be able to activate CableCards via phone for all cable companies by now, so no need to schedule a truck roll. Whether you get somebody competent when calling to activate is a different story, but there should be a special phone number to call for your cable company for cable card activation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #9
shamilian

You can try a kickstart 57.

This will try and repair any problem with the MFS file system which holds the videos.

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-kickstart-codes.php
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #10
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by elenaran View Post
Reneg, I thought about that, but it says I would need to repair my cable cards if I do that. I really don't want to have to deal with that again.Every time I have to have an installer come out to pair cards, it turns into a nightmare,

Shamilian, when i deleted everything, that included suggestions.

Thabto , I have rebooted multiple times
I didn't have to re-pair my cable card when I cleared and deleted everything. My provider is Comcast, so I don't know what happens with Time Warner.

Kickstart 57 did not clear the issue for me, but I'm not 100% positive that I had the same problem you are seeing. It doesn't hurt to try Kickstart 57.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #11
elenaran

OK, did Clear & Delete (no re-pair necessary, thankfully). I'll report back in a couple days to say how it's going
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #12
elenaran

Update - this did fix my problem
Old 05-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #13
Dr_Zoidberg

I was thinking about this...any chance the invidivual Season Passes for your recorded shows had reached their episode limits? If you have the space, you could try bumping up that limit - I think I ran into it after I transferred my SPs from my HD to my XL4.
Dr_Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #14
splintersam

Mine will not only delete things randomly, but also switch my "KUID" to "will delete in 3 days" at will...and when there is still much space available as I don't ever record in HD or it does it even more.
splintersam is offline   Reply With Quote