TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
jbriley3

Season Pass only new shows?

Practically all of my season passes are configured for only new broadcasts.
I'm now seeing many lined up to record that are NOT NEW. Multiple old shows to be recorded within a short period.

jbriley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

have any repeats actually recorded?

the reason i'm asking, sometimes the to do list will show repeats as being scheduled because of incomplete guide data. the data is usually correct by air time, so the repeats are never recorded.

also, there are occaisonally shows that the guide data is regularly incomplete, so tivo fails on the side of caution and records the show if it hasn't been recorded recently, so you don't miss an episode - this doesn't happen too often.

if you could furnish show titles, and how far in the future the recordings are scheduled, it would help to diagnose the trouble.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
have any repeats actually recorded?

the reason i'm asking, sometimes the to do list will show repeats as being scheduled because of incomplete guide data. the data is usually correct by air time, so the repeats are never recorded.

also, there are occaisonally shows that the guide data is regularly incomplete, so tivo fails on the side of caution and records the show if it hasn't been recorded recently, so you don't miss an episode - this doesn't happen too often.

if you could furnish show titles, and how far in the future the recordings are scheduled, it would help to diagnose the trouble.
Discovery Channel is really bad about this. I have a few season passes on this network and it regularly garbages up my To Do list because they simply list a generic program description so the TiVo schedules it. "Usually", Discovery gets around to updating the description and the programs don't record.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote