TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
gigaguy

TiVo Package, Product Lifetime vs. TiVO Lifetime Service

My two Premieres both have Lifetime Service Plans, on the tivo site it shows under Current Payment Plan--

the XL4 shows ----------TiVo Package, Product Lifetime
the 2tuner P4 shows ---TiVo Lifetime Service

the XL4 does have the 3 yr ext warranty and that is indicated under the Device heading. The XL4 was lifetimed at purchase I believe, (not by me), the P4 was lifetimed by me after 3 years of use.

Any reason why the Lifetime plans are not named alike?
gigaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

"TiVo Package, Product Lifetime "
Means the TiVo was a Bundle deal, purchased from TiVo at a reduced rate using a promo code that included the TiVo and Lifetime together as one item.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
bicker
Gruff

I would hope we can assume that the two names afford the same service regardless.

bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:36 AM   #4
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I have one "TiVo Package, Product Lifetime"

The Service Account Status is the same: 5: Product Lifetime Service

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
gigaguy

''''The Service Account Status is the same: 5: Product Lifetime Service'''''
I do not have this on my online acct page.
My info is under the heading 'Current Payment Plan'.

TiVo plans are still a little confusing. Online it shows my used P4 activated in 2012 but on the phone they said it was 3 years. The previous owner probably had a longer history or an upgrade. You'd think the online acct info would match what they say on the phone. It's ll in the same system...

Not complaining, just trying to figure out their rules.
Yes I have verified lifetime on both TiVos. sorry for the picky question, I'm new to lifetime status, both happened suddenly last week. acquired XL4 from a local seller and TiVO updated my P4 with the unexpected 99 deal.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaguy View Post
''''The Service Account Status is the same: 5: Product Lifetime Service'''''
I do not have this on my online acct page.
My info is under the heading 'Current Payment Plan'.
CoxInPHX was just saying that whatever it shows on your TiVo account online, the Account Status on the Tivos System Information screen should read "5: Product Lifetime Service".

Quote:
TiVo plans are still a little confusing. Online it shows my used P4 activated in 2012 but on the phone they said it was 3 years. The previous owner probably had a longer history or an upgrade. You'd think the online acct info would match what they say on the phone. It's ll in the same system...

Not complaining, just trying to figure out their rules.
Yes I have verified lifetime on both TiVos. sorry for the picky question, I'm new to lifetime status, both happened suddenly last week. acquired XL4 from a local seller and TiVO updated my P4 with the unexpected 99 deal.
Yeah, the online account can be confusing. In my account, TiVo shows one of my Tivo HDs as the qualifying unit for MSD when actually it should be the S2 ST I first activated at full price.
That's okay with me. I can get rid of my S2 without worrying about losing MSD eligibility.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
gigaguy

I don't see any indication of a qualifier. I guess I can call Tivo to find out in case I decide to sell one. Oh the '5-...' is in the Tivo screen itself, I'll look.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
I don't see any indication of a qualifier. I guess I can call Tivo to find out in case I decide to sell one.
Yeah, there is no indication. I am looking at my billing history and using that as the basis of my theory. Usually it is whichever TiVo is listed with a full price subscription.

Though it would probably be better to call TiVo, just to be sure.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote