TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Being Human - 1/14/2013

New season of the show started last night. Not sure if this is season 3 or 4.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. They left all 3 of the main characters in pretty bad situations at the end of last season. Kinda liked how they handled them all.

So, the original werewolf character to the show is now no longer a werewolf, but his girlfriend still is. I can only assume that he'll get re-werewolfed sooner than later. Also liked the witch in the story. Curious to see what she does with the dead werewolf buried in the ground.

Sally, the ghost, is back in her real body?!?! That was something I wasn't expecting. I think this could be very cool. She's more or less a zombie now that isn't worm infested.

Aiden's story was the most confusing. Like who was the dude that dug him up and how did he know he was even buried there? I guess there aren't many vampires left in the world either with whatever virus(or whatever) is being spread around humans.

I really like this version of Being Human and look forward to seeing what they do this season.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #2
cheesesteak
Meh.

It would really suck to get re-wolved after getting un-wolved.

I wonder if Sally's two friends came back in Sally's body or if they're in their dead bodies in their coffins.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I wonder if Sally's two friends came back in Sally's body or if they're in their dead bodies in their coffins.
They seemed to say that they might be in their bodies in their coffins. If true, I'd think they would be true zombies since they weren't wrapped in the heart suave. The witch lady said being wrapped in that is what would return her body to a non-decayed form.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
robojerk

Only judging from the pilot, the vampire virus plot seems stupid . Maybe it was the only way they dig up Aiden and not have him have to face momma, kill them all off. I kind of wish Aiden would only have to deal with being a vampire trying (failing and succeeding) to live a normal for awhile.

The other plots seem interesting.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
Church AV Guy

They did a one episode vampire virus story on Forever Knight. Boy, was that a long time ago. The resolution of that was very clever.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I'm not going to put down the vampire virus until I see where it leads. I was confused by what the heck was going on. I can only assume things will be revealed over the coming weeks.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
robojerk

Like I said, from the premiere the virus seems silly. They may take the plot to interesting places in the future, we know little to nothing of it now, other than it seems weird for vampires to survive for centuries, only to suddenly be faced with extinction from some new virus that only affects them. (I kind of thought they were immune to most diseases, since they were already dead) I can only suspect someone made the virus to kill them off and to leave us humans in the dark about it. I just think the virus seemed a little silly, but maybe as we learn more it will get more interesting.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
Aiden's story was the most confusing. Like who was the dude that dug him up and how did he know he was even buried there? I guess there aren't many vampires left in the world either with whatever virus(or whatever) is being spread around humans.
That dude was part of "The Elders". They were Amish like group of vampires that were in charge.
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #9
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrguy View Post
That dude was part of "The Elders". They were Amish like group of vampires that were in charge.
The guy that showed up and killed the digger upper guy was the Amish dude. I don't think the guy that dug him up and was draining him was Amish. I suppose maybe he was working for the Amish vampires. Maybe they knew where Aiden was buried and told him to go dig him up.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #10
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
The guy that showed up and killed the digger upper guy was the Amish dude. I don't think the guy that dug him up and was draining him was Amish. I suppose maybe he was working for the Amish vampires. Maybe they knew where Aiden was buried and told him to go dig him up.
You're right. I misread your post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #11
wprager

Is this the BBC production or the US one?
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #12
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

US version
Old 01-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #13
sharkster

So glad to see the new season. I love these characters. Methinks he's gettin' rewolfed. I can't see any way out of that.

I was a bit confused with the Aiden part of the storyline too. But I can most likely attribute that to my massively failing memory. By the time most shows, especially cable shows, come back I've forgotten more than I can remember.

So, is Sally going to be a real live girl now - with a wardrobe and everything? I don't see that lasting long.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #14
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
So, is Sally going to be a real live girl now - with a wardrobe and everything? I don't see that lasting long.
RE the UK version and Sally, AKA Annie
Spoiler:
I only watched Season 1 of the UK version, and Sally Annie seemed to be able to, at will, make herself seem like a normal living person to normal folk. I assumed Sally's powers in the US would eventually come to that level.
If anyone knows if the UK version went the Sally Annie ghoul route please PM me.

Last edited by robojerk : 01-18-2013 at 11:13 AM.
robojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
I was a bit confused with the Aiden part of the storyline too. But I can most likely attribute that to my massively failing memory. By the time most shows, especially cable shows, come back I've forgotten more than I can remember.
I hear ya. Magnified by the fact that sometimes I can't remember what happened in BH-US and what happened in BH-UK.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #16
cheesesteak
Meh.

Aw, man. You guys just made me remember the last season of the UK version.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #17
sharkster

I've never watched the UK version, so I'm a US version virgin
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

If I remember correctly, there was no talk of any vampire disease last season. I think it's an explanation of why "mother" and the rest of her group are not on the show.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrguy View Post
If I remember correctly, there was no talk of any vampire disease last season. I think it's an explanation of why "mother" and the rest of her group are not on the show.
I'm remembering a blood contamination that was bad for vampires showing up in the last couple of episodes.

Unless I'm remembering it from a different TV show.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #20
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Sam Witwer (Aiden) answering questions on Reddit today
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote