TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
eboydog
Busy watching TiVoTv

Awesome Mini install & review

Just got my first Mini setup and running yesterday and just wanted to say I had no problem at all!

Not sure if it matters but I set mine up in my home office/workshop with ethernet connection first and it worked flawlessly. In seeing other people's issue I decided to initially do the my office/workshop were I could sit down instead of the room were it was going to be installed (and hooked up by Moca) .

It downloaded it's update, went though the guided setup, found my Roamio and all was good.

Took it to the bedroom were it is going to be perfectly installed, disconnected the cable co box, attached all the Mini cables and it worked perfectly. I did have to go into the network settings and change the network for ethernet to MoCA but that's all had to do.

All is good and I made the wife very happy, she even posted of FB that better than flowers or chocolate for valentine's day, she got her own Tivo from her hubby.

Thank you Tivo, you make me look good!

Only problem, is now that I have done good, next time I will have to do better so I'm not sure what I will do.

TiVo 3Tb Roamio basic
TiVo 2Tb Roamio basic
2 TiVo Premiere's
TiVo Stream
2 TiVo Mini's
eboydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #2
ncfoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
Just got my first Mini setup and running yesterday and just wanted to say I had no problem at all!

Not sure if it matters but I set mine up in my home office/workshop with ethernet connection first and it worked flawlessly. In seeing other people's issue I decided to initially do the my office/workshop were I could sit down instead of the room were it was going to be installed (and hooked up by Moca) .

It downloaded it's update, went though the guided setup, found my Roamio and all was good.

Took it to the bedroom were it is going to be perfectly installed, disconnected the cable co box, attached all the Mini cables and it worked perfectly. I did have to go into the network settings and change the network for ethernet to MoCA but that's all had to do.

All is good and I made the wife very happy, she even posted of FB that better than flowers or chocolate for valentine's day, she got her own Tivo from her hubby.

Thank you Tivo, you make me look good!

Only problem, is now that I have done good, next time I will have to do better so I'm not sure what I will do.
Good to hear. For the record, my Mini install was flawless and wonderful as well. Running only gigabit Ethernet (not that the Mini uses gigabit), my first week with this setup has been exceptional.
ncfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
xbr23

i am currently involved in my 2nd mini setup. 1st one i had to wait the 24 hours before the Mini could find my Roamio Pro. so far, the 2nd mini setup is a repeat of the 1st. i am having to wait the 24 hours for the mini to "find" my Roamio DVR. i have forced connection on all of my Tivo devices and nothing has helped. i have been on the phone with Tivo twice today and both times they told me i would have to continue to wait the 24 hours.... i told the last CSR that i have been a long time Tivo user and Tivo always takes my money "right away" but i have to "wait" for their service......

i am on MOCA and all devices have downloaded and installed the most recent software. it's just frustrating to buy a device and have to Wait to use it. i understand a time delay but with today's tech, 24 hours??? come on!! they can instantly take my credit card payment.....
xbr23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
eboydog
Busy watching TiVoTv

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbr23 View Post
i am currently involved in my 2nd mini setup. 1st one i had to wait the 24 hours before the Mini could find my Roamio Pro. so far, the 2nd mini setup is a repeat of the 1st. i am having to wait the 24 hours for the mini to "find" my Roamio DVR. i have forced connection on all of my Tivo devices and nothing has helped. i have been on the phone with Tivo twice today and both times they told me i would have to continue to wait the 24 hours.... i told the last CSR that i have been a long time Tivo user and Tivo always takes my money "right away" but i have to "wait" for their service......

i am on MOCA and all devices have downloaded and installed the most recent software. it's just frustrating to buy a device and have to Wait to use it. i understand a time delay but with today's tech, 24 hours??? come on!! they can instantly take my credit card payment.....
I didn't have to wait 24 hours, I did wait about 20 minutes after activating it online and then forced a couple calls on my Roamio to make sure it was updated, the Mini found the Roamio right off and I had no problems.

TiVo 3Tb Roamio basic
TiVo 2Tb Roamio basic
2 TiVo Premiere's
TiVo Stream
2 TiVo Mini's
Old 02-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #5
xbr23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
I didn't have to wait 24 hours, I did wait about 20 minutes after activating it online and then forced a couple calls on my Roamio to make sure it was updated, the Mini found the Roamio right off and I had no problems.
did you buy your mini from Tivo direct or from an retailer?

my first came from Best Buy and took 24 hours to complete setup

my second came from Amazon and took 24 hours to complete setup....

everything on Moca, forced connection, updated, still required 24 hours until complete..... just a PITA.
xbr23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:27 AM   #6
eboydog
Busy watching TiVoTv

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbr23 View Post
did you buy your mini from Tivo direct or from an retailer?

my first came from Best Buy and took 24 hours to complete setup

my second came from Amazon and took 24 hours to complete setup....

everything on Moca, forced connection, updated, still required 24 hours until complete..... just a PITA.
Mine came from Amazon.

TiVo 3Tb Roamio basic
TiVo 2Tb Roamio basic
2 TiVo Premiere's
TiVo Stream
2 TiVo Mini's