TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
john4200

Dexter S07E11 "Do You See What I See" 2012-Dec-09

I thought Dexter was extremely lucky that Estrada did not recognize Dexter from his parole hearing. Although (if the hearing was open to the public) Dexter could have claimed he was just checking Estrada out.

I believed Hannah when she told Dexter that she did not poison Deb. Which only leaves one person who could have drugged Deb's water -- Deb. I'm 90% sure that is what happened. I think Deb must have realized that the former junkie's testimony was not worth much, and so she decided to take drastic measures to split up Dexter and Hannah. She could not have anticipated Dexter coming forward with the pen, but I think Deb knew (or hoped?) Dexter would choose her over Hannah and that when Dexter takes a dislike to someone, bad things happen to them.

I wonder if Dexter left any hard evidence at the cargo container. Dexter was NOT wearing gloves when he first opened the door for Estrada. So even if Dexter takes care of Estrada before Estrada talks to the cops, LaGuerta may still be able to place Dexter at the cargo container. But even that is not proof that Dexter is a murderer.

I don't see how either Dexter or Deb can think arresting Hannah was a good idea. Did Deb think Dexter would kill Hannah? Besides the fact that the chain of custody of that pen is broken, why would Dexter believe that Hannah will not tell all she knows about the Bay Harbor Butcher?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
brebeans

H-m-m-m...I hadn't really thought of Deb "poisoning" it herself....How did she know how much to "take" and that she wouldn't have been more injured than she was, etc? But, interesting theory, if Hannah didn't do it...

I sort of belived Hannah, too, but that would be going pretty far for Deb. However, when they were talking about the Bay Harbor Butcher and Dexter was worried about LaGuerta pointing the finger at him, Deb said she'd "plant the evidence"......I wonder is she also meant that she'd plant the evidence to frame Hannah?

Yes, the scene from the storage facility was sort of "iffy" for me. Were LaGuerta's cops following the 'bad guy' (can't remember his name)? Or Dexter? or both?

So, now that Hannah has been arrested, what's to stop her from not sharing that she knows that Dexter was the BHB, plus lots of other info? Clearly, LaGuerta would believe her.

Lots of unanswered questions and possibilities...almost too many to be believable, but I'm sticking with it. I do love Dexter, even though it's not as fresh as it used to be!
brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by brebeans View Post
Were LaGuerta's cops following the 'bad guy' (can't remember his name)? Or Dexter? or both?
They were only following Estrada. Dexter is too canny to let himself be followed. Actually, if they had tried to follow Dexter, he would have spotted it and probably not gone to the meeting.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

I definitely think Deb drugged herself as well; I said so to my wife last night during the show. The whole thing just does not sound like Hannah at all: how could she know that Deb would be driving when she drank the water, instead of just sitting at her desk? By all accounts the drug was too fast-acting to be dangerous in itself (overdose or whatever). Plus it seems like a dumb move on Hannah's part, even if it did work. Deb is cartainly not taking long to embrace the devious and dishonest side of her nature.

LaGuerta has to know about Dexter now. Even though they didn't see Dexter, the cargo container, the chainsaw... who else would it be? She doesn't have a crime to charge him with but there is no doubt about it. Here's the question, were they following Estrada when Dexter chatted him up on the docs, and did they see that?

I don't think there's any reason Estrada would have recognized Dexter. From what was said on the show it doesn't sound like he's seen Dexter since Dexter was 3 and his mom was killed. Dexter didn't speak at the parole hearing so how would Estrada know who he was? Dexter went into the child services, was adopted by a police officer, and his name was changed: the whole thing was a big secret. There's no way Estrada would have known that Dexter Morgan was Dexter Moser.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
mwhip
All better

I thought it was Deb who poisoned herself as well. I thought it was interesting what Hannah said because I was having the same thought, if she poisons someone they don't live.

Also I have to believe that when Dexter does those things like show up to parole hearings he is using a fake ID to sign in, sort of like when he visited Isaak in jail. I mean we have seen he has a duffle bag full of fake ID's.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
markymark_ctown

Who knew Dexter was Amish?
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
I don't think there's any reason Estrada would have recognized Dexter. From what was said on the show it doesn't sound like he's seen Dexter since Dexter was 3 and his mom was killed.
You misunderstood my comment. I expected Estrada to say something like, "who are you and why were you at my parole hearing?". Even if parole hearings are commonly open to the public (are they?) I would not expect a criminal like Dexter was pretending to be to attend one, since it might draw unneccesary attention.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Here's the question, were they following Estrada when Dexter chatted him up on the docs, and did they see that?
That's a good question. It seems logical that they would have been following Estrada 24/7 after he was released.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
Lillian Nyx
Queen of Swords

Did Deb stage the car accident too? I think she dosed herself and left clues to implicate Hannah. And we didn't actually see the car crash. Would Deb go so far as to wreck her own car? Maybe crash it without being in it, then crawl in it to make it look like she was behind the wheel? It's just suspicious that we didn't get to see her car actually wreck, like the writers are trying to hide the circumstances from the viewers.
Lillian Nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark_ctown View Post
Who knew Dexter was Amish?
Okay, missing this reference. Please help. I need a good chuckle.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
Lillian Nyx
Queen of Swords

Why did Dexter leave the chain saw running? He never started it before he found out LaGuerta set him up, so he had to start it afterward. Was it some sort of message for her?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Which only leaves one person who could have drugged Deb's water -- Deb. I'm 90% sure that is what happened.
You guys are good. I didn't think of that. Sometimes I take things too much at face value.

I question whether Deb would really do that. Is she skilled enough to crash her car so that she isn't killed and doesn't potentially hurt anyone else. She seemed really convincing when she said I know how much I took.

Good arguments on both sides.

It will be interesting to see how much of this gets wrapped up next episode or if we have to wait till next year.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #13
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Nyx View Post
Why did Dexter leave the chain saw running? He never started it before he found out LaGuerta set him up, so he had to start it afterward. Was it some sort of message for her?
I am hoping he has figured out someway to trap LaGuerta and discredit her.

Maybe that was meant as a small diversion to give Dexter time to get away.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #14
Lillian Nyx
Queen of Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Maybe that was meant as a small diversion to give Dexter time to get away.
That makes sense. The noise of the chainsaw would also cover the sound of their escape.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Nyx View Post
That makes sense. The noise of the chainsaw would also cover the sound of their escape.
And keep them focused on something going on inside the container versus approaching it and it was completely quiet inside.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #16
aldawg01

Yea... I think deb poisoned herself too. She told Hanna she would do anything when they spoke the evening before. She is jealous ill bet...

Didnt the lab tech on the phone say to Dexter that "someone wanted to knock themselves out" ??

Thats prolly because the water tasted like ass, powder didnt even dissolve all the way. Ever chew a Tylenol ..... ? It was prolly something to that effect

She had to know what was in the bottle.... that wasn't some tasteless rare poison... it was prescription water.... Very detectable... It was a bad poison job, but a perfect trail of evidence.... And we know deb is good at planting after this episode...

Hanna's MO is the ability to poison without a trace left behind. Now she is getting locked up and knows all about dexter too... If Dex and Hanna are gonna be together next season its gonna take a lot of relationship counseling heheheh

I cant help but be really PISSED at Deb this season.... It all boils down to the whole "brother loving" business thats evolved in the past 2 seasons... ick It would be cool if she got some amensia and forgot that Dex was a killer .... heheh

You guys had to know that Estrada was getting paroled to tempt Dexter.... I saw it coming clear as day... But I was guessing that Dexter might pardon him as an attempt at starting his new "future" with Hanna.... hahhaha thats one busted theory heading into the final ep....

Someone has to be leaving the show after this season IMO....

Laguarta maybe ? She could go in the bay I guess.... These not really too many ways out of this mess...if the "dark Passenger" is gone, maybe the code will start to dissolve too ?

Perhaps Deb ? I dont think so.... Altho if Dex finds out she set Hanna up ...

Batista ? Gonna retire huh? We know he has something still for Laguerta.... If she dissapears tho .... ??? Hmmm retirement out the window ? Vigilante Batista ? Vendetta Batista.... So so many options here.... hes one of my Favs, they cant write him out ...

Quinn ? I think Quinns storyline is either going to have something big to do with the finale or maybe something next season, They have to tye this storyline down to something... Maybe something with Batista next season ...??? Bad boys ??? heheheh

Anyone think Hanna will make it to another season ? She could be a cooler version of Rita IMO... Thats why i like her... she is a necessity killer sure... But who better to accept Dex as he is, she isnt a psyco like Lila turned out to be either.... But that just makes me miss Lumen even more.... Maybe Hanna will turn out to be a gift to those of us who wanted Lumen to stay.... I could live with that ..
aldawg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

I thought the bad poisoning job was done by Arlene who said she can't go back to jail, or have her kids taken away. I don't think Deb would risk killing herself in a car accident, just to frame Hannah....

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
Paperboy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #18
TampaThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldawg01 View Post
She had to know what was in the bottle.... that wasn't some tasteless rare poison... it was prescription water.... Very detectable... It was a bad poison job, but a perfect trail of evidence....
Never heard of "prescription water" before. Doubt that you could get that filled at a pharmacy. Maybe you can only fill it at a phaucet?

The thought that Deb may have poisoned herself never entered my mind. I doubt that she's nuts enough to stage a car accident and break her own wrist. That's not the character we've seen in this series to date.

Don't see how they're gonna wrap this season up in a nice bow with only one show to go. I'm expecting to be disappointed and hoping to turn out pleasantly surprised.
TampaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #19
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaThunder View Post
... The thought that Deb may have poisoned herself never entered my mind. I doubt that she's nuts enough to stage a car accident and break her own wrist. That's not the character we've seen in this series to date.

Don't see how they're gonna wrap this season up in a nice bow with only one show to go. I'm expecting to be disappointed and hoping to turn out pleasantly surprised.
I tend to agree with this POV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #20
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how much of this gets wrapped up next episode or if we have to wait till next year.
Nah, they generally don't leave season story-lines dangling.

I thought it was very strange that Dexter confronted Hannah before he had the test results back. For such a control freak, you'd think he'd wait to ask the question until he knew the answer.

I'm not sure what to make of Deb's poisoning. It doesn't really make sense for either of them to have done it...as Hannah says, she knows what she's doing too much, and Deb couldn't know what the effects of the accident would be (she couldn't have been faking the injuries; she wouldn't have been able to fool the people in the ambulance and hospital). I have a hunch we're supposed to take it at face value, but I could be wrong. We'll find out soon enough.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #21
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
You guys had to know that Estrada was getting paroled to tempt Dexter.... I saw it coming clear as day... But I was guessing that Dexter might pardon him as an attempt at starting his new "future" with Hanna.... hahhaha thats one busted theory heading into the final ep....
That's the first thing I thought of -- that it was a frame up by Laguarta -- but then I discounted it until the end of the program when it turned out that's what it was all along. It just seemed so strange that Dexter wouldn't know the full details of Estrada's parole schedule, and the fact he gets this "last minute" phone call was so suspicious to me, I'm shocked that he didn't pick up on it, especially after the retired guy told Dexter that they both think he's the BHB.

eta: I've been watching so many of these shows, I think *everything* is a trap. Half the time, it's true.

Try my new
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #22
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Yea... I think deb poisoned herself too. She told Hanna she would do anything when they spoke the evening before. She is jealous ill bet...

Didnt the lab tech on the phone say to Dexter that "someone wanted to knock themselves out" ??

Thats prolly because the water tasted like ass, powder didnt even dissolve all the way. Ever chew a Tylenol ..... ? It was prolly something to that effect

She had to know what was in the bottle.... that wasn't some tasteless rare poison... it was prescription water.... Very detectable... It was a bad poison job, but a perfect trail of evidence.... And we know deb is good at planting after this episode...
You've convinced me! Yeah, the water had to taste "off."
Old 12-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #23
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
You've convinced me! Yeah, the water had to taste "off."
Me too, and I hadn't even considered it. In addition to putting away Hannah, it was a test for Dex.

Well done TCF. I never would have seen this.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #24
markymark_ctown

Quote:
Okay, missing this reference. Please help. I need a good chuckle.
Dexter Moser.

Moser is a common Amish surname, though not exclusively Amish at all. It's the first thing that popper in my mind when I heard the name though.

Byler, Yoder, and Miller are common surnames as well.
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #25
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

Not sure what to think of the poisoning. I first thought it was unlikely that Deb did it to herself (she loves her BMWs too much!). But as a way to frame Hanna and make Dexter doubt her even more, then it worked like a charm. Did the episode show where she got that water bottle? We saw her take one pill in the car, I think the day before the crash. And when questioned, Deb said her last dose was yesterday (or did she specify the last "pill" she took as opposed to the drugged water).

Turning Hanna over to the cops has to be the stupidest thing Dexter has ever done on the show.
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #26
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
Did the episode show where she got that water bottle?
They certainly made the connection that the water bottle came from Deb's refrigerator. I am not sure if it was before the accident or after when Dexter was looking around.

I am now convinced that Deb poisoned herself. Has she moved over to the dark side? Will she be changing her name to Darth Morgan?

Oh well. We will know Sunday!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #27
VegasVic
Craps Player

While they do tend to wrap up major storylines each season the fact that next season is the last may mean they carry over more than they usually do.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #28
Amnesia
The Question

Of course, Dexter is now getting record ratings. Maybe next season won't be the last after all...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 AM   #29
tiams

I find myself rooting for Dexter to get caught.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote