TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
Thuntdon

Arrow Intermittent audio

I have two TiVo's, One is a Premier4 the other a TiVo HD. On both I have had over the years an irritating audio problem. The sound will drop out (picture okay), and come back on with no intervention of myself! This can last from one second to 5-6 seconds. If I use my TV tuner to watch same channel/program, I have no such drop outs. This can happen as much as 3-4 times / hour, sometimes it won't happen at all for several hours. I've had two different TV's over this time, and in each case the problem has been the same, so I don't think it's the TV's fault. I have read of some other cases of audio drop-outs, but it is usually while some other process is taking place, this is during times that no action on my part or the TiVo is doing anything, except showing a program (note channel or program doesn't matter)! It also appears on the playback of the recorded program. Is this a hiccup of the TiVo or what? Are others experiencing this also?
Thanks for any help, Don
Thuntdon is offline   Reply With Quote