TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #61
laria
Librocubicularist

I did that to my feet once, too. It is a super nerdy story. I sat out in a Star Wars Episode I ticket line in Birks all day long in the sun and got a really badly burned strip between the two Birk straps. My feet swelled all up and I got this giant blister on top of each of them. It was like a few days before my college graduation, too.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #62
VegasVic
Craps Player

It was so weird to me that Francesca would be a "favorite" after having been voted off first so seeing her booted first again was very very fun

I thought maybe Malcolm would be a target since no one had seen his season. But he seems to be a smart player, don't stick out, blend in.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #63
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Apparently Malcolm had enough time to fatten back up a little bit after his first season.
17 days from when his first season wrapped to when this season started filming.

From Dalton's recap:

Quote:
“This season you will be playing against some of your favorite Survivors from past seasons!” He neglects to add “And some dude you don’t know because his season just wrapped 17 days ago and has not aired yet, but just play along. Also, if you could play along like you remember Francesca, that would be cool too.”

Old 02-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #64
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Seems like Malcolm would be at a disadvantage playing again so close his first season. While he didn't get sticks & bones skinny like some of the girls, he clearly lost weight. However, he didn't seem particularly thin on the premiere.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #65
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
Seems like Malcolm would be at a disadvantage playing again so close his first season. While he didn't get sticks & bones skinny like some of the girls, he clearly lost weight. However, he didn't seem particularly thin on the premiere.
Maybe they gave him lots of protein shakes over those 17 days.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #66
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
I remember reading one season, they unrolled the tampons to use them for toilet paper, and since then they have told the Survivors that they can only use the items in the intended manner.

i dont even wanna know how they monitor that for compliance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #67
hummingbird_206

And once again Little Hantz has it out for the pretty girl. That guy is just creepy.
hummingbird_206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #68
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
And once again Little Hantz has it out for the pretty girl. That guy is just creepy.
And I think Russell has gotten to him to take on the family business of being a jerk.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #69
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
And I think Russell has gotten to him to take on the family business of being a jerk.
To this day it blows my mind that anyone who actually lives around here could make up stories about being stuck in Katrina, much less put it all on national television.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #70
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
I'm certain they cast skinny women on purpose, and sadly I think most women are socialized to think skinnier is prettier to the degree that they'd refuse to put on weight before going on camera even if it's in their best interest.
I think you are looking for Survivor - The Radio Show. Given the obesity rate in the country, I don't think this socialization you speak of is working.

No surprise Survivor casts attractive people. I wouldn't call any of the current cast skinny. The word you might be looking for is fit.

Survivor has 20 food rewards during the 39 days. Contestants these days aren't nearly as malnourished when they leave as they used to be.

Psychologically it's much harder to go from stuffing yourself 3 weeks prior to Survivor to gain 20 lbs and then cutting those calories by 75% than it would be to go from a reasonable diet to a restricted diet.

Do you think the fat Marine is going to be happy when he gets two spoonfuls of beans?
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #71
VegasVic
Craps Player

Yeah it seems as if food used to be a much bigger issue than it is now. Sure they still love when they get their cheeseburgers, etc... but in the "old days" of Survivor they appeared to really be "suffering" for lack of food.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #72
smoberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Yeah it seems as if food used to be a much bigger issue than it is now. Sure they still love when they get their cheeseburgers, etc... but in the "old days" of Survivor they appeared to really be "suffering" for lack of food.
Yes, my wife has only been watching for the last couple years...I have told her how in the old days the contestants seemed to literally be starving...today, it seems that a lack of food is no longer played up so much as all of the drama created by all of the different personalities living together on the island.
smoberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #73
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoberly View Post
Yes, my wife has only been watching for the last couple years...I have told her how in the old days the contestants seemed to literally be starving...today, it seems that a lack of food is no longer played up so much as all of the drama created by all of the different personalities living together on the island.
I can't remember which season. Maybe last spring, but there was an issue with one team's food and the food situation got so bad they had to trade the other team for food.

So it still does become an issue some seasons.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #74
pmyers

Old fans will remember back to Survivor Africa as to why they give them food now. That group was so starved that they literally sat around all day and didn't even talk. Totally boring. I think the producers try to walk the line of giving them enough food to be active but not enough to be comfortable.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #75
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
I think you are looking for Survivor - The Radio Show. Given the obesity rate in the country, I don't think this socialization you speak of is working.

No surprise Survivor casts attractive people. I wouldn't call any of the current cast skinny. The word you might be looking for is fit.

Survivor has 20 food rewards during the 39 days. Contestants these days aren't nearly as malnourished when they leave as they used to be.

Psychologically it's much harder to go from stuffing yourself 3 weeks prior to Survivor to gain 20 lbs and then cutting those calories by 75% than it would be to go from a reasonable diet to a restricted diet.

Do you think the fat Marine is going to be happy when he gets two spoonfuls of beans?
I'll bet you're fun at parties.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #76
fmowry

Quote:
I'll bet you're fun at parties.
I sure am because I don't sit there and whine about how society has wronged me.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #77
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Naw, you just whine about how fat everyone is.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #78
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

/getting popcorn and sunglasses

flame away, boys!
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #79
fmowry

Quote:
Naw, you just whine about how fat everyone is.
I didn't whine about anything. Just pointed out how wrong you are. Maybe Lee 1.0 made more intelligent posts. I'll have to do a search.

I could list probably the first 100 hits on Google, but going to Walmart is all the proof I need.

But here you go:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88H0RA20120918

Perhaps you could make counterpoints about the particular points I made in my first post in the thread and come off like and adult?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #80
stellie93

Quote:
Wasn't Phillip known for taking more than his fair share of food last time?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #81
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Maybe Lee 1.0 made more intelligent posts.
I have high hopes for fmowry 2.0.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #82
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
/getting popcorn and sunglasses

flame away, boys!